The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2018, 04:01 PM   #51
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Having inept QB play is the problem.

Keenum needs to be rolled out more too.

Vance puts together nice defensive game plans with holes all over the defense. Stopped Hunt and Hill today.

Oh, and Iíve never complained about penalties throughout a season since watching football, but Broncos have been CONSISTENTLY called for some of the most questionable penalties Iíve seen since watching football
Right..let's give him extension...
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #52
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

First time in the past 40 years that the team will have back-to-back losing seasons. To think the Head Coach is not part the problem is delusional. It’s the lowest this franchise has been in 40 seasons. Let that sink in for awhile.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #53
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I am not sure how you can defend a guy who doesn't automatically decline a holding call on 3rd down after a stop that makes the down and distance 4th and 7.

He needs to be fired. If he loses 2 more games I would fire him before the end of the year just to send a message to the team. Might wait until week 13 to do so but I would consider it.

VJ needs to go, he and his masterful Defense stratgey's need to go.
I have a ton of problems with VJ, but I wouldn't have been too upset if he took that penalty and gave the defense another chance to make a play.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:04 PM   #54
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
First time in the past 40 years that the team will have back-to-back losing seasons. To think the Head Coach is not part the problem is delusional. Itís the lowest this franchise has been in 40 seasons. Let that sink in for awhile.
Now this is a non effeminate post with real substance and as a bonus Q sounds like he can make some serious decisions at the higher levels of management.
So it's a win-win.
Good points Q.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:05 PM   #55
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Name 1 draft worse than that first draft by McDaniels. Shanahan made a few bad draft picks, but McDaniels wasted 3 1st round picks, a second, and 2 3rds on the first 2 rounds.
Moreno, Ayers, and Davis Bruttilius are all legitimate NFL players that earned multiple contracts. Bruttilius was an elite special teams player. Won a super bowl. Moreno played in one and was critical to the Broncos making it.

All GM's/HC's have bad drafts dude, you sitting here saying he shouldn't draft because he had 1 bad one is stupidity in itself.

If you cannot see the underlying feelings you have to motivates your viewpoint, that means you lack self-awareness.

You don't like McDaniels. Cool.

You don't have enough knowledge not he rest of the NFL to be making statements like you do.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:05 PM   #56
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
I have a ton of problems with VJ, but I wouldn't have been too upset if he took that penalty and gave the defense another chance to make a play.
Think of all the penalties called on the Broncos today and you may change your mind. Guys in stripes were doing everything in their power to help KC.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:05 PM   #57
Bronx33
We Stink

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
...think? No I know he would be.

And that is if you're defining "better" by record.

I know what I'm watching when I watch football. I watch other games with the same amount of critique and detail as I watch the Broncos.

You guys do not. You guys think Broncos are some reality TV show.
You don't have a clue what we watch or think assuming is fun though better question is so you being a prick?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #58
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
First time in the past 40 years that the team will have back-to-back losing seasons. To think the Head Coach is not part the problem is delusional. Itís the lowest this franchise has been in 40 seasons. Let that sink in for awhile.
I hope you hold John Elway to the same standards, as we haven't had a legitimate QB outside of Manning since he's been GM.

Winning in NFL in 2018 without a good QB is extremely difficult.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #59
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Not the sole problem, but very hard winning in the NFL without a good QB.

That lies on the GM. If Denver had a good QB, they're probably 5-3/6-2.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #60
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Is this a joke?...VJ , coaching staff and Keenum are the problems.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #61
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Name 1 draft worse than that first draft by McDaniels. Shanahan made a few bad draft picks, but McDaniels wasted 3 1st round picks, a second, and 2 3rds on the first 2 rounds.
2017 will give his draft a real good run for the money.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #62
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
You don't have a clue what we watch or think assuming is fun though better question is so you being a prick?
I assume based on baseline intellect.

If you think most people here are watching other games with as much attention as the Broncos, then you my friend believe people are stupider than I do.

If you watch some more NFL games, it would be easy to have some perspective on the Broncos. But most people don't.

So if people in fact are watching other NFL games, I'm not sure exactly what they're interpreting when they see the teams do less with more.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #63
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Not the sole problem, but very hard winning in the NFL without a good QB.

That lies on the GM. If Denver had a good QB, they're probably 5-3/6-2.
Coaching also..wierd that coaches likes to throw the ball more than running.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #64
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Really?

All it takes is a D holding call to give them 5 yards and a new set of downs. Plus reek abused us once for 40 already during the day. It was a no brainer to punt and get the ball back with that much time on the clock.

We had mmHpoinems at what 2nd and what 30 in the 1st game and he converted.

You don't wait until they nearly snap the ball to make a choice, in all my years of watching football (since 1973) that was the longest I have seen a HC go to decide to decline a flag when it was the right call.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #65
Bronx33
We Stink

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
I assume based on baseline intellect.

If you think most people here are watching other games with as much attention as the Broncos, then you my friend believe people are stupider than I do.

If you watch some more NFL games, it would be easy to have some perspective on the Broncos. But most people don't.

So if people in fact are watching other NFL games, I'm not sure exactly what they're interpreting when they see the teams do less with more.
You have few friends huh..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #66
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
You have few friends huh..
What's few? I have more friends that most people do.

They're just in a different class, so I don't need to speak to them as I type here.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #67
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
I hope you hold John Elway to the same standards, as we haven't had a legitimate QB outside of Manning since he's been GM.

Winning in NFL in 2018 without a good QB is extremely difficult.
I most certainly do hold John Elway accountable. He is responsible for the hiring and firing in the organization. I think he should get credit for taking a chance on Manning because that eventually led to a Lombardi. But, the moves made/not made over the past two years (especially at Head Coach) are indeed questionable.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #68
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think it's funny as hell so many think VJ is the main problem. You have Keenum out there getting his slow weak ass sacked 5 times a game, throwing INT's, fumbling, and then Roby is out there not covering a damn person all game long, OL holding on stupid plays where they didn't need to hold. I mean, I get that the HC has to take the blame, but the smart fans know he's not even close to the biggest problem. The Broncos have been competitive this year, but the difference between winning and losing in most cases is QB play.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #69
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Doesn't matter what you would do because you're not mentality equipped to make any decision like that.

Send a message to the team? For what season, this season? Next season when we have roster turnover + new staff from hiring new coach? What coach wants to work here when you're firing HC's mid season when they're still competing?

You're just too stupid.

You're making too much of that 3rd down holding call. Some coaches would actually accept that penalty to gain field position + give your defense change to make a play. If this was 2015 Broncos defense it probably would be wise to accept that penalty.

Ultimately the right call was made, you're cherry picking.
You are the one calling me stupid? You are defending an HC who has a record of what 8 and 16?

You probably think Hue Jackson and his scoreless O need another 10 years to be properly evaluated.

Go shove your avocado toast up your ass and put it on your Insta so you can get some likes.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #70
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
I most certainly do hold John Elway accountable. He is responsible for the hiring and firing in the organization. I think he should get credit for taking a chance on Manning because that eventually led to a Lombardi. But, the moves made/not made over the past two years (especially at Head Coach) are indeed questionable.
His moves for QB have been far more questionable than his HC decision.

Credit for taking a chance on Manning? You mean credit for closing the sale. It wasn't much of a "chance" when every other NFL team that needed a QB willing to take chance and throw $100m at Manning.

Sounds like you still have some bias. Weak.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #71
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think it's funny as hell so many think VJ is the main problem. You have Keenum out there getting his slow weak ass sacked 5 times a game, throwing INT's, fumbling, and then Roby is out there not covering a damn person all game long, OL holding on stupid plays where they didn't need to hold. I mean, I get that the HC has to take the blame, but the smart fans know he's not even close to the biggest problem. The Broncos have been competitive this year, but the difference between winning and losing in most cases is QB play.
Lot of penalties/discipline, asking Keenum to throw the ball as if he is manning..
Old 10-28-2018, 04:16 PM   #72
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
What's few? I have more friends that most people do.

They're just in a different class, so I don't need to speak to them as I type here.
He is probably working coat check or parking cars at the Chateau Marmont and think anyone who says hi to him is a friend.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:16 PM   #73
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
You are the one calling me stupid? You are defending an HC who has a record of what 8 and 16?

You probably think Hue Jackson and his scoreless O need another 10 years to be properly evaluated.

Go shove your avocado toast up your ass and put it on your Insta so you can get some likes.
Hue Jackson has a worse record than VJ. Hue Jackson also sucks but we'll see what Dorsey does with him.

I would never claim that I am smarter than a GM, especially Dorsey - so his decision to keep Hue says something.

But you think you have more intelligence than these GMs right?
Old 10-28-2018, 04:17 PM   #74
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Other than the Jets and Ravens game, they've been in every game. If they had a better QB, they would have had a shot in the Ravens game.

I dont really blame them for the Jets game, they had the Chiefs game won the week before and thats tough to get over on a short week, and early start.

But yeah, QB play is the main difference with the team right now, with a solid one, Denver's in the playoffs or in the mix. They should have won the first KC game, could have beaten the Rams with one although the Rams playcalling might have changed but thats hypothetical, and even today was winnable if Denver had better QB play.

I dont like VJ but there's certainly bigger problems than him, they've been competing for the most part.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #75
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
He is probably working coat check or parking cars at the Chateau Marmont and think anyone who says hi to him is a friend.
I haven't had to work for anyone since I was 18. Don't be ridiculous - I'd be fired with my type of attitude if I were an employee anywhere