The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2018, 12:06 AM   #1526
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 27,815
Default

Is the multiple posts in a row being done for dramatic effect?


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #1527
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Good Lord, dude.
Say Wentz, Mariota, and Mahomes all can justifiably be classified as franchise QB's sometime over the next 2 years. And the probabilities remain EXACTLY as I have laid them out here. There still would only be 12 franchise QB's drafted over a 20 year span.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:12 AM   #1528
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Is the multiple posts in a row being done for dramatic effect?


Sorry your honor, the counsel rests his case.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:49 AM   #1529
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35,107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Say Wentz, Mariota, and Mahomes all can justifiably be classified as franchise QB's sometime over the next 2 years. And the probabilities remain EXACTLY as I have laid them out here. There still would only be 12 franchise QB's drafted over a 20 year span.
There's more than 12 high quality starting QB's in the league right now, so, as always, you are wrong.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:14 AM   #1530
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,685
Default

All you need is a guy who can get you to the playoffs quickly. Upgrade the position anyway you can (via trade or draft). DUI is right in that respect. If you can't, don't.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:17 AM   #1531
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There's more than 12 high quality starting QB's in the league right now, so, as always, you are wrong.
They have all mostly been guys who've been in the league 10 years or longer, a couple of them the Broncos tried to get before Keenum (Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith). Sign Fitzpatrick. All the young ones were drafted before the Broncos picked.

Here are the "playoff" QB's from last year:
1. 7/12 are blue chip prospects who Broncos never had a chance to draft. Should be 8/12 (75%) if you include Wentz (who would've been a playoff QB if not injured). Tried to trade for Alex Smith, but Chefs.
2. 2/12 are Tom Brady and Drew Brees, two of the best QB's to ever play the game, who also should've been blue chippers when picked.
3. The other guy is Case Keenum.

And I can almost guarantee you the Broncos never had a chance to draft/sign any of the playoff QB's this year either. So change the coach at years end, and go BPA in the draft, unless you think there really is a guy better than Keenum in the draft who can get you to the playoffs.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by pricejj; 11-17-2018 at 04:30 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:37 AM   #1532
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,685
Default

Keep Keenum until you have the capital to acquire a QB better than he is. Until then, upgrade with BPA, and upgrade coaches where possible. Try to make the playoffs ASAP.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:58 AM   #1533
Papa-pwn
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 322

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Keep Keenum until you have the capital to acquire a QB better than he is. Until then, upgrade with BPA, and upgrade coaches where possible. Try to make the playoffs ASAP.
I dont see more than two more wins so we will likely have the capital to acquire a better QB this offseason.
Papa-pwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #1534
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,395
Default

I guess I never realized the draft is just a giant slot machine: put the right amount of capital into it a certain number of times and it's guaranteed to pay out!
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #1535
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
My plan: 1/6
DUI's plan: 1/infinity


Omane stumper of the day: Which plan has the better probability? ...case closed.
Stupid argument. I love how you think your numbers are actual fact. The only way to get a franchise QB outside of the Manning Cousins Brees hitting FA is the draft. Pretty sure I'm down for drafting more guys than yours. I never specified the rounds but Denver needs to invest in the position and not 7th round projects and it may take multiple picks.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #1536
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
They have all mostly been guys who've been in the league 10 years or longer, a couple of them the Broncos tried to get before Keenum (Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith). Sign Fitzpatrick. All the young ones were drafted before the Broncos picked.

Here are the "playoff" QB's from last year:
1. 7/12 are blue chip prospects who Broncos never had a chance to draft. Should be 8/12 (75%) if you include Wentz (who would've been a playoff QB if not injured). Tried to trade for Alex Smith, but Chefs.
2. 2/12 are Tom Brady and Drew Brees, two of the best QB's to ever play the game, who also should've been blue chippers when picked.
3. The other guy is Case Keenum.

And I can almost guarantee you the Broncos never had a chance to draft/sign any of the playoff QB's this year either. So change the coach at years end, and go BPA in the draft, unless you think there really is a guy better than Keenum in the draft who can get you to the playoffs.
You plan is basically negated by your own statement that Denver never had a chance to draft.unless you can assure your draft position you have no control over the top 2 QBs so you plan is also 1 / infinity
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #1537
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If pricejj plan was really 1/6 and only requires drafting one QB, he would be paid millions by some NFL team.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #1538
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 32,982

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Stupid argument. I love how you think your numbers are actual fact. The only way to get a franchise QB outside of the Manning Cousins Brees hitting FA is the draft. Pretty sure I'm down for drafting more guys than yours. I never specified the rounds but Denver needs to invest in the position and not 7th round projects and it may take multiple picks.

Everything is fact for price. Go back to March on all those Keenum threads and youíll see him claiming Keenum would be the best QB in the west cause last year. He had him in the ROF 2 weeks after he became a Bronco. Itís better when you approach him in the way that you filter all his posts as opinion, even when they are painted hyperbole facts.

He wants what we all want. Just has a different road for it.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #1539
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Say Wentz, Mariota, and Mahomes all can justifiably be classified as franchise QB's sometime over the next 2 years. And the probabilities remain EXACTLY as I have laid them out here. There still would only be 12 franchise QB's drafted over a 20 year span.
Mariotaís a franchise QB but

Carson Palmer before his acl changed the loser cincy franchise
Jay cutler started 10 years and garners 2 1 st round picks
Matt Stafford started every year and changed DEt
Cam newton MVP
Are not
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #1540
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Everything is fact for price. Go back to March on all those Keenum threads and youíll see him claiming Keenum would be the best QB in the west cause last year. He had him in the ROF 2 weeks after he became a Bronco. Itís better when you approach him in the way that you filter all his posts as opinion, even when they are painted hyperbole facts.

He wants what we all want. Just has a different road for it.
Yes he was one of the guys that got upset with me when I said basically no need to paint a turd we all know who Bradford's backup is and it isnt the one in Minny we are getting. All sorts of stats flew my way.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #1541
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
I dont see more than two more wins so we will likely have the capital to acquire a better QB this offseason.
Could be, time will tell.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #1542
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Mariotaís a franchise QB but

Carson Palmer before his acl changed the loser cincy franchise
Jay cutler started 10 years and garners 2 1 st round picks
Matt Stafford started every year and changed DEt
Cam newton MVP
Are not
I didn't say Mariota was a franchise QB. Gotta have multiple playoff wins, compete for a championship, etc. Looking at Cam Newton, he's having a career year this year. He's now solidied as franchise QB too. #1 overall pick, blue chip prospect. Thanks for pulling that to my attention.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #1543
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 35,467
Default

One QB among the top 20 prospects on this list. Herbert at 13.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/15/20..._medium=social
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #1544
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I didn't say Mariota was a franchise QB. Gotta have multiple playoff wins, compete for a championship, etc. Looking at Cam Newton, he's having a career year this year. He's now solidied as franchise QB too. #1 overall pick, blue chip prospect. Thanks for pulling that to my attention.
Wait you just told me a blue chip has no flaws? Newton having a career year? What about 2015? But yeah he has been great this year and has more weapons but 2015 was his best yet.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #1545
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Footsteps has tried to slid under the radar after arguing all offseason that Keesum was Gannon 2.0 instead of what we all knew he was and that was Bradford's backup. What a waste of time and keyboard clips. There was so much homerism going on when a few of us who were right about Keesum being what he always is and that's a waste of time as a starter.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #1546
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
One QB among the top 20 prospects on this list. Herbert at 13.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/15/20..._medium=social
Lock going at 4 in is mock. 1 day ago.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ver-a-j-brown/
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #1547
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 35,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Lock going at 4 in is mock. 1 day ago.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ver-a-j-brown/
I don't think the SI article I posted is a mock, I think it's a ranking of prospects. QB's sometimes go higher than perhaps they should because teams are desperate for one. Note even in the most you posted that there are only 2 QB's in the first round. And it's certainly questionable whether or not either of them belong there...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #1548
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Footsteps has tried to slid under the radar after arguing all offseason that Keesum was Gannon 2.0 instead of what we all knew he was and that was Bradford's backup. What a waste of time and keyboard clips. There was so much homerism going on when a few of us who were right about Keesum being what he always is and that's a waste of time as a starter.
I'm not trying to "slid (sic) under the radar" as you put it. I simply don't see a point in these discussions at this point. We went into this season needing answers to two questions, and we have them. It's clear that 2020 is the first realistic opportunity they have for finding what they need in both cases. And for the record...I never said Keenum was Gannon 2.0. All I said throughout this whole process was that he had not had a fair opportunity to start mostly due to his UDFA status, so therefore there was a reason for some optimism based on his last year in Minnesota and the fact that he actually performed well in the backup roles he had, which is a fact. I have no vested interest in any Bronco QB, whether its Keenum, Lynch, Kelly, etc...I simply like to see what happens before assuming we know. I realize you take some form of self-esteem out of being able to say, "see I was right"...but all that makes you is another voice in a chorus line. Nobody ever really "knows" any of the things they pretend to in here. Sometimes we're right, sometimes we're wrong, who cares?

The only issue now is finding the guy they can ride for the next decade and beyond. That's most likely not going to be realistic until 2020. IMO this means they ought to use the 2019 draft for only one real priority, and that is fixing this woeful offensive line. Elway's failure to do that rivals his failure to find Manning's replacement. In fact, I would argue it's a greater failure because it's easier to rebuild an O-line in 5 years than it is to hit on a single stud QB when your best shot is a late first round draft pick or an FA pickup. He has steadfastly ignored the O-line as a priority, however. Patching holes with aging vets, discarded bargain bin guys, overpriced free agents, and late round draft picks is a recipe for exactly what we have now...a group that is uninspiring, beginning to age, and has major health issues. Even when Elway had drafted guys in the top 3 rounds, they've been very underwhelming. Clearly, we are not very good at figuring this position out, and that MUST change if we're going to get back to being a real contender.

We could have launched an entirely new era in the O-line had we drafted Quenton Nelson, and while I can see a rational reason for taking Chubb, no such rationale exists in the next draft. We ought to be looking at nothing but OL in the first three rounds, preparing to put a line in place for whoever is going to be the next Bronco QB. If we don't...we run the risk of that guy winding up on IR like Siemian was. Sticking a hotshot rookie QB behind a crappy O-line is a surefire way to destroy the guy. This team ought to have only one goal this offseason, and that's to fix that problem once and for all. Then when we stink again next season, we will wind up in the top 5 of the draft again, and we'll be in a position to either draft a guy directly or trade up to do so. What other options are there? Ely Manning? Does that inspire anybody? Fix the biggest issue we are realistically able to next year, then work on finding a QB.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #1549
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't think the SI article I posted is a mock, I think it's a ranking of prospects. QB's sometimes go higher than perhaps they should because teams are desperate for one. Note even in the most you posted that there are only 2 QB's in the first round. And it's certainly questionable whether or not either of them belong there...
I didn't say your link was a mock. I just find it interesting that folks think that QBs aren't going high in this draft, or because one is ranked 15th on some list that it represents a lack of QBs. There are plenty, and they will go high.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #1550
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,591
Default

I’ll take Haskins top of the 2nd
Not going to run around like the rpo QBs but has great pocket presence.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Denver Broncos