The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #1101
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
You're most certainly not a medical doctor. You might know a doctor, but you are not a doctor. Not an MD, not even a DO, a PhD in Theology or even a tree surgeon. If you were, though, you would have graduated last in your class with those writing skills.
Talks of writing skills? You might want to slow down Mr. Joyce. You wrote a ****-tier sentence to open the insult. Then wrote a sentence fragment TWO sentences later. OMFG the hilarity. Look to the log in thy own eye.

And what "writing skills" are requisite for a medical degree, pray tell?

Someone please get a load of this Rhodes Scholar here, mentioning writing and medical school in the same sentence.

Given your amazing powers of clairvoyance, you and the faithful Rev must fart around with the ouija board together all day at Hough.

Incidentally, there used to be an essay portion of the MCAT. I received an R on it. That's the sum total of required "writing skills" needed to gain admission to medical school.

In medical school, there are no required "writing skills," Napoleon Dynamite.

The only thing I "write" now are H&Ps and progress notes and the majority of the time, I dictate them.

At least we can all be certain you didn't go to medical school.

Last edited by DrOrangeLove; 04-07-2015 at 11:12 AM..
DrOrangeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #1102
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Lol. What in the holy hell are you talking about, loser.

Schizotypal Price calls me a loser. That's hilarious.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #1103
ram29jackson
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Ya know for someone who thinks the show sucks, you sure spend a lot of time in this thread.
I watch it because it sucks .

some shows you watch just to amuse yourself with how silly it is.

this last episode had all this drama built up and yet everyone as usual gets out of danger/problem as usual

the Asian kid gets hit in the shoulder with a bullet and yet disappears like batman and has a unknown time romp in the forrest to beat up the other guy.

motorcycle boy escapes a million zombies because.. oh gee what timing...some dude from 20 episodes ago shows up to save them.

if this show were ground breaking, there would be focus on 3 or 4 different characters every 3 weeks because people would keep dying.

I'm watching purely to see how it all ends at the end.
ram29jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #1104
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOrangeLove View Post
I'm not sure what the bigger joke is here? The idea that you take real life examples and compare them to hollywood or that you greatly underestimate the amount of devastation one can subject another human being to in under a minute.

IRL, not the octagon or whatever MMA showmen call it. I'll let you get up in my face and act all macho then I'll crush your thyroid cartilage and your trachea against your cervical vetebrae using styloid process of my ulna. You go down. That's it. The fight is over. Oh and if I happened to have missed, my heel is going directly at your patella and tibia. If you're lucky they'll take you "walk" away several months later after several hours of rehab and several orthopedic surgeries to repair your ACL, patellar tendon and whatever else happens to fracture in the process.

And I'm not going to telegraph it and I'm not going to let you know I'll be resorting to force. That would take me 10 seconds tops.
No no no...

You guys got it all wrong. He's not Hope Chest he's a more informed version of this guy:

That's right, when you're getting all macho in his grill he's silently performing an ocular pat-down. Then he's going to jump sideways at just the right angle so that you're all like "Where'd he go?" and before you know it he's on you.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #1105
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
No no no...

You guys got it all wrong. He's not Hope Chest he's a more informed version of this guy:

That's right, when you're getting all macho in his grill he's silently performing an ocular pat-down. Then he's going to jump sideways at just the right angle so that you're all like "Where'd he go?" and before you know it he's on you.
The whole internet-tough-guy-meme-as-a-form-of-derision thing is passť.

And of course intellectually-stunted reactionaries like Price would label that post as posturing.

The whole point of the post was to outline in detail the not-so-subtle differences between choreographed fights and real life. That is all.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:16 AM   #1106
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Talks of writing skills? You might want to slow down Mr. Joyce. You wrote a ****-tier sentence to open the insult. Then wrote a sentence fragment TWO sentences later. OMFG the hilarity. Look to the log in thy own eye.

And what "writing skills" are requisite for a medical degree, pray tell?

Someone please get a load of this Rhodes Scholar here, mentioning writing and medical school in the same sentence.

Given your amazing powers of clairvoyance, you and the faithful Rev must fart around with the ouija board together all day at Hough.

Incidentally, there used to be an essay portion of the MCAT. I received an R on it. That's the sum total of required "writing skills" needed to gain admission to medical school.

In medical school, there are no required "writing skills," Napoleon Dynamite.

The only thing I "write" now are H&Ps and progress notes and the majority of the time, I dictate them.

At least we can all be certain you didn't go to medical school.
Not convinced. (Another fragment for you.) You dont write precriptions, or lab orders? You don't dictate anything unless you're a surg path cutting in the gross room, and you're obviously not a pathologist because they don't write H&Ps on anyone. The Wikipedia page you used on "How to impersonate a black belt doctor" needs to be edited. Writing skills are necessary for real doctors. You wouldn't know the difference between a dangling participle and a prolapsed rectum if one slapped you in the face. I see I struck a nerve with you. Must have been your S-4, Mr Limpy? You sound like a guy with a good sense of humor, though, so beers are on me.

Last edited by Brewer; 04-08-2015 at 09:38 AM..
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #1107
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The whole internet-tough-guy-meme-as-a-form-of-derision thing is passť.

And of course intellectually-stunted reactionaries like Price would label that post as posturing.

The whole point of the post was to outline in detail the not-so-subtle differences between choreographed fights and real life. That is all.
The fact that you chose the words "i could" rather than "one could" says otherwise. The memes will live on as long as internet tough guys continue to try and impress all of us.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #1108
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
Not convinced. (Another fragment for you.) You dont write precriptions, or lab orders? You don't dictate anything unless you're a surg path cutting in the gross room, and you're obviously not a pathologist because they don't write H&Ps on anyone. The Wikipedia page you used on "How to impersonate a black belt doctor" needs to be edited. Writing skills are necessary for real doctors. You wouldn't know the difference between a dangling participle and a prolapsed rectum if one slapped you in the face. I see I struck a nerve with you. Must have been your S-4, Mr Limpy? You sound like a guy with a good sense of humor, though, so beers are on me.
This appears to be an exercise in futility. It's had to have a meaningful conversation with someone who has strange beliefs about dictation and scripts.

I write out a script for walkers, glucometers/lancets and home O2. Everything else is electronic--thanks Obama.

I have to question who it is you are trying to impress by referencing the sensory innervation of the penis?

I mean really, who writes your material? Adam Sandler?

So my friend, I don't care if you believe I'm the assistant manager at Chick-fil-A.

And if you are going to try to reference "nerves" please be precise. To my knowledge, S4 an is extra heart sound, a nerve root or a dermatome--not a nerve.

For someone who gets his jollies from pontificating about words, grammar, and writing your writing is awful and awfully sloppy.

Last edited by DrOrangeLove; 04-08-2015 at 04:23 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #1109
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This appears to be an exercise in futility. It's had to have a meaningful conversation with someone who has strange beliefs about dictation and scripts.

I write out a script for walkers, glucometers/lancets and home O2. Everything else is electronic--thanks Obama.

I have to question who it is you are trying to impress by referencing the sensory innervation of the penis?

I mean really, who writes your material? Adam Sandler?

So my friend, I don't care if you believe I'm the assistant manager at Chick-fil-A.

And if you are going to try to reference "nerves" please be precise. To my knowledge, S4 an is extra heart sound, a nerve root or a dermatome--not a nerve.

For someone who gets his jollies from pontificating about words, grammar, and writing your writing is awful and awfully sloppy.
You got me on having Adam Sandler writing my material for me. You know all about the innervation of your unit, and then try to pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about when I refer to S4? Here's a quick review for you: http://legacy.owensboro.kctcs.edu/gc...s/Image546.gif See that ol' S4 down there?

You have me intrigued, though, with your ability to write prescriptions for walkers. That would come in really handy on a show like The Walking Dead. You could create a whole lot of chaos with a pad and pen! You seem like a decent guy, but I may have overestimated your sense of humor. In fact, you're a little mean. You hurt me deeply by calling my writing "awful and awfully sloppy." I'm pretty sure that you meant "awesome and awesomely awesome" but you're unable to spell it. It's ok- I understand that doctors don't have writing prerequisites and apparently poor writing skills because that's just how it is. Its not like a doctor needs to have good communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to provide good patient care. Just scrawl something on a napkin and mumble some stuff about your tibial protuberance contacting some dude's cricoid out in the parking lot and BOOM! you're a bonafide doctor! For what its worth, I believe you're the Manager of that Chik-Fil-A. Assistant manager? Pssshhhhh. I know your type. You're in charge of that place. You don't take a back seat to anyone. I'll bet you're the first one in and the last one to leave.

What do you think is going to happen in Alexandria next season now that Deanna's husband is dead? I don't think the current residents built the wall. I think it was already there and they benefited from a turn-key town with solar power and a good security system.

Last edited by Brewer; 04-08-2015 at 05:48 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #1110
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
You got me on having Adam Sandler writing my material for me. You know all about the innervation of your unit, and then try to pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about when I refer to S4? Here's a quick review for you: http://legacy.owensboro.kctcs.edu/gc...s/Image546.gif See that ol' S4 down there?

You have me intrigued, though, with your ability to write prescriptions for walkers. That would come in really handy on a show like The Walking Dead. You could create a whole lot of chaos with a pad and pen! You seem like a decent guy, but I may have overestimated your sense of humor. In fact, you're a little mean. You hurt me deeply by calling my writing "awful and awfully sloppy." I'm pretty sure that you meant "awesome and awesomely awesome" but you're unable to spell it. It's ok- I understand that doctors don't have writing prerequisites and apparently poor writing skills because that's just how it is. Its not like a doctor needs to have good communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to provide good patient care. Just scrawl something on a napkin and mumble some stuff about your tibial protuberance contacting some dude's cricoid out in the parking lot and BOOM! you're a bonafide doctor! For what its worth, I believe you're the Manager of that Chik-Fil-A. Assistant manager? Pssshhhhh. I know your type. You're in charge of that place. You don't take a back seat to anyone. I'll bet you're the first one in and the last one to leave.

What do you think is going to happen in Alexandria next season now that Deanna's husband is dead? I don't think the current residents built the wall. I think it was already there and they benefited from a turn-key town with solar power and a good security system.
I guess we've come full circle.

Yes after PT and OT see a patient, prior to discharge, they often deem it necessary for a patient to use ambulatory aids. In which case, I sign a prescription. I find my hand quickly cramps up.

It's hard to speculate what will happen. The new antagonists who carve Ws into zombie foreheads and set traps for unsuspecting victims are interesting.

Frankly, I don't see the point of setting up a disco in cargo trailer?

I also really don't know what to make of them bringing Morgan back. I feel like they waited too long. Now he's some sort of hippy pacifist who hits people with walking sticks.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #1111
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The trailers full of walkers was a weird sort of trap. I guess they Wolves (how many are there, anyway?) could just show up and lure the walkers back into the trailers, pretending to rescue whoever is trapped in the few scattered vehicles. It was weird how the lone wolf who tried to take Morgan's stuff had no bullets in his gun. Morgan knew his buddy was in the trees nearby the entire time. He kept looking over his shoulder. I think there are more than just the two dimwits calling themselves Wolves. The writers need to come up with some sort of really cool explanation for how Morgan went from insane to zen warrior.

I don't know what to think of "Fear the Walking Dead" yet. I haven't seen much about it yet.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #1112
jutang
Ring of Famer

Having Morgan takeout the 2 wolves with a walking stick was cool, but it does lessen the threat of the wolves to Rick's gang. They have been building them up the entire season and the characters they introduced seem like disorganized amateurish thugs.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:13 AM   #1113
NYBroncoManiac
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The trailers full of walkers was a weird sort of trap. I guess they Wolves (how many are there, anyway?) could just show up and lure the walkers back into the trailers, pretending to rescue whoever is trapped in the few scattered vehicles. It was weird how the lone wolf who tried to take Morgan's stuff had no bullets in his gun. Morgan knew his buddy was in the trees nearby the entire time. He kept looking over his shoulder. I think there are more than just the two dimwits calling themselves Wolves. The writers need to come up with some sort of really cool explanation for how Morgan went from insane to zen warrior.

I don't know what to think of "Fear the Walking Dead" yet. I haven't seen much about it yet.
I think the wolves are building a Zombie army. The trap is specifically there to lure people in and create more "soldiers". I also think the wolves are the guys that were expelled from Alexandria and their plan is to turn the zombie horde loose on the town.
NYBroncoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:21 PM   #1114
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I just binge watched all 67 episodes in two and a half weeks.

I've watched it so much the last few weeks that I've been dreaming about the show.

I watched the last three episodes of Season 5 tonight, so I'm current and decided to read through this thread.

Lol at people b****ing and nit picking every aspect of the show....I think the show is great, I wish I would have started watching it earlier.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #1115
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

I've watched it so much the last few weeks that I've been dreaming about the show.

I watched the last three episodes of Season 5 tonight, so I'm current and decided to read through this thread.

Lol at people b****ing and nit picking every aspect of the show....I think the show is great, I wish I would have started watching it earlier.
This.. All the bishing got sofa king old. The funny thing is game of thrones is pulling the same jag off nothingness that those peeps were complaining about on twd.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #1116
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Us Weekly@usweekly 5h5 hours ago
Exclusive: #TheWalkingDead's Norman Reedus and Emily Kinney are dating! http://usm.ag/1Bn9DOW

So there was more to it
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #1117
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

gross. Isn't he 50?
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #1118
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:

Glad you joined the party!

I too dream of TV shows after I binge watch
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #1119
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
gross. Isn't he 50?
Meh. 29 and 46 respectively. It's definitely a gap, but it's not "gross". If she was 19 and he was 36 it would be a bit different. Ten years makes a big difference though.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #1120
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Meh. 29 and 46 respectively. It's definitely a gap, but it's not "gross". If she was 19 and he was 36 it would be a bit different. Ten years makes a big difference though.
I was surprised when I found out she is 29 years old, as she passed for a teenage girl fairly easily in The Walking Dead.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #1121
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
I was surprised when I found out she is 29 years old, as she passed for a teenage girl fairly easily in The Walking Dead.
Yeah she's one of those people who look like teenagers up until they start getting old, and then they just look like wrinkly teenagers.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #1122
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:

it's different watching without commercials and not having to wait 7 days between episodes (and 6 months between seasons).

binge watching anything rocks
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:26 AM   #1123
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

Enjoy some great spoilers.... Looks like Season 6 might be one of the best.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-walking...151822210.html
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #1124
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So who is sounding the horn?
Brohemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #1125
wolf754life