The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Photoshop Fun
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default My Masterwork........

My preoccupation with creating images continues....

Friend of mine who's a doc says, "Not a problem. Lots of guys your age take up oil painting." He's right. But oil painting is a mess, so this is my outlet, and my quest is to become a "recognized expert" in the humble art of electronic cut and paste:




This is the Original 1280x1024 ... on loan from Buff Galleries to the OrangeMane.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 04-08-2016 at 11:00 AM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Wow ... 68 views and not a peep outta ya ... is it that bad or just boring?


Not much hope for this one, but it's my own personal thread I guess .....


Still working on image creation ... goal is to become a recognized expert in the humble art of electronic cut and paste.......

But I have a ways to go, I thought I could get some advice here. This image is from scratch - recreating one of the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen: 4:55 a.m., eastbound on Roosevelt in North Seattle, and the sun hung like a giant cherry against a super smooth blanket of dove grey sky (f'ing phone battery was dead). I've searched and searched images, and indeed the discrete natures of the sun and its one color -- against the sky and its one color - seems unique. Can't find anything like it.


PROBLEMS I SEE: Greenery on edges too green for as dark as it is; pavement bad; perspective might be screwy; reflection of am/pm sign too light.. Somebody said it wasn't centered, but I think that's ok.


I'm using Photoshop Elements and - gulp - Paint. It's easy to maneuver with.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 AM   #3
Das Rote Baron
Haters Gonna Hate
 
Das Rote Baron's Avatar
 
One For The Thumb

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: City of New England
Posts: 1,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Wow ... 68 views and not a peep outta ya ... is it that bad or just boring?


Not much hope for this one, but it's my own personal thread I guess .....


Still working on image creation ... goal is to become a recognized expert in the humble art of electronic cut and paste.......

But I have a ways to go, I thought I could get some advice here. This image is from scratch - recreating one of the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen: 4:55 a.m., eastbound on Roosevelt in North Seattle, and the sun hung like a giant cherry against a super smooth blanket of dove grey sky (f'ing phone battery was dead). I've searched and searched images, and indeed the discrete natures of the sun and its one color -- against the sky and its one color - seems unique. Can't find anything like it.


PROBLEMS I SEE: Greenery on edges too green for as dark as it is; pavement bad; perspective might be screwy; reflection of am/pm sign too light.. Somebody said it wasn't centered, but I think that's ok.


I'm using Photoshop Elements and - gulp - Paint. It's easy to maneuver with.
Rasterize.
Das Rote Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:25 AM   #4
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Rote Baron View Post
Rasterize.
Thanks for taking the time.

Do you mean save as a bitmap?

I've done that ... and if you're referring to the blurred edges of the sun, that's actually one of the best parts, as it represents what I actually saw. I started with a red ball, resized it like 40x larger and saved it .... then shrunk it to 15% and saved it, then .... back and forth until the edge looked right.




Gave it a mid-grey background - all the white behind it makes it hard to differentiate between colors and textures.








W-I-D-E-N-E-D the perspective on the street - both sides; lowered the height of the street-sky 'event horizon' one pixel; cleaned up the reflections of am/pm sign and lights on building.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #5
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default



Long overdue ENLARGEMENT ....

At this size the sun actually it looks a bit too large.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default


Last edited by BroncoBuff; 06-19-2017 at 08:39 PM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #7
slick7
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Fat Lever! Loved that guy. You're missing Alex English.
slick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:50 PM   #8
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick7 View Post
Fat Lever! Loved that guy. You're missing Alex English.
Fat - my favorite athlete ever (three-way tie)

Yeah, I shouldda found room for the Silent Assassin ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:08 AM   #9
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
LongDongJohnson's Avatar
 
BBW's HMU

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Looks like ****
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Looks like ****

... Okay okay, but at least let me know, which part of which one most offends you?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:21 PM   #11
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

I read the thread title and thought I was going to be treated to an upper decker.

Thank god no.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #12
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I read the thread title and thought I was going to be treated to an upper decker.

Thank god no.
Thread title is tongue-in-cheek ... but how about some constructive criticism?


The Nuggets piece does look kinda amateurish, but I like the general makeup and layout of it.

Still very proud of the pre-dawn recreation of what we saw ....

The Gates-Slim cartoon, especially the facial alterations to match what they're saying - is bad, borderline awful.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:20 AM   #13
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
My preoccupation with creating images continues....

Friend of mine who's a doc says, "Not a problem. Lots of guys your age take up oil painting." He's right. But oil painting is a mess, so this is my outlet, and my quest is to become a "recognized expert" in the humble art of electronic cut and paste:




This is the Original 1280x1024 ... on loan from Buff Galleries to the OrangeMane.
What the **** a-hole, you got something against Alex English?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #14
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
What the **** a-hole, you got something against Alex English?

Sorry my friend ... I was most concerned about including every uniform.

Plus I do love me some Lafayette ... my all-time favorite athlete.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #15
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:14 AM   #16
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Sorry my friend ... I was most concerned about including every uniform.

Plus I do love me some Lafayette ... my all-time favorite athlete.
ok, don't let it happen again. You should have included Danny Schayes as well
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Denver Broncos