The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #3501
EdmontonChiefsFan
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I booked flights/hotel to Indy over a week ago before prices went up. The intent was to catch two playoff games. I was sweating it out today but was glad to see everything fall into place. My brother is a Charger fan so we will be able to see his team play in Cincy which is an added bonus.

I am looking forward to ending the 20 year drought and we definitely are due to beat Indy.

I am also looking forward to a possible Charger/Bronco rematch if SD can pull off the upset. Btw, Dalton did not look good today.
EdmontonChiefsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #3502
boltaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You really need to worry about your team. Very nice run as always at the end of season but that game should not have been that close.
Nah, not worried. This team has no expectations going into the playoffs and while they've proven they can beat anyone, they can also lose to anyone, just depends on which team shows up. I'm expecting a loss next week but I'm glad they made the playoffs and will get valuable experience for the young players and a lot of the newer coaching staff.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #3503
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Nah, not worried. This team has no expectations going into the playoffs and while they've proven they can beat anyone, they can also lose to anyone, just depends on which team shows up. I'm expecting a loss next week but I'm glad they made the playoffs and will get valuable experience for the young players and a lot of the newer coaching staff.
Fair enough, did you know that KC has the best defense since the 2000 ravens?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #3504
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonChiefsFan View Post
I booked flights/hotel to Indy over a week ago before prices went up. The intent was to catch two playoff games. I was sweating it out today but was glad to see everything fall into place. My brother is a Charger fan so we will be able to see his team play in Cincy which is an added bonus.

I am looking forward to ending the 20 year drought and we definitely are due to beat Indy.

I am also looking forward to a possible Charger/Bronco rematch if SD can pull off the upset. Btw, Dalton did not look good today.
Looks like boltaneer was right? the chargers almost slept on yall. maybe overlooked ysll... I did call a win nevertheless.

I don't think the chargers can beat the Bengals.

I'd personally want to see the broncos and chiefs match up again.

As far as Chiefs V Colts. I'm going with the colts due to being the home team. should be exciting week for chief fans though. Enjoy it
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #3505
EdmontonChiefsFan
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Win, Lose or Draw I am just looking forward to some great football. My wife has been to a few games before, but never a playoff game. We are also taking a NFL game virgin with us, so I am interested to see his reaction to a live NFL playoff game.

I have some money to play with ober the weekend as I took SD over the Broncos on the moneyline last time they met.
EdmontonChiefsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #3506
boltaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Fair enough, did you know that KC has the best defense since the 2000 ravens?
Yes I did.

And also, I heard that San Diego didn't want to give any game tape to the other playoff teams...
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #3507
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?

Super Bowl 50 Champs

The real reason we put in the Bro in the second half wasnt because we were up by 5 scores
That is one half less of game tape other playoff teams have on us
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #3508
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Yes I did.

And also, I heard that San Diego didn't want to give any game tape to the other playoff teams...
Eh, maybe. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that they just played down to their competition and tried to overlook the chiefs. like what I think the broncos did in our game. Y'all did put the ass whooping down that day. no doubt
Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #3509
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
The real reason we put in the Bro in the second half wasnt because we were up by 5 scores
That is one half less of game tape other playoff teams have on us
Kid looked good and i'd love to see him continue his development. Not a world beater but he has definitely advanced his play.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #3510
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonChiefsFan View Post

It would be fitting as the first team in their current loosing to beat the chefs was the colts. QB'd by Jim Harbaugh!
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #3511
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The Chiefs finished the season with the 24th ranked total defense

The Broncos finished with the 19th.

Ru-ROH!!!!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #3512
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Ru-ROH!!!!
How did we fair as far as scoring defense?

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 12-29-2013 at 11:09 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #3513
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:

Ru-ROH!!!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #3514
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
How did we fair as far as scoring defense?
Chiefs are significantly better in scoring defense, which is why Gaylore didn't bring it up. Points determine games and not yards, right?

Ruh-ROH!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #3515
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:

Ru-ROH!!!!
I'd be interested in what the rankings are for all teams since mid-season. For the Broncos, I think that is the @ Chargers game. I know some can't/won't believe it, but the Broncos have been playing better D in the 2nd half than they were in the first.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #3516
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Chiefs are significantly better in scoring defense, which is why Gaylore didn't bring it up. Points determine games and not yards, right?

Ruh-ROH!!!
It's not the end all be all. We can bring out examples why the Chiefs may have the better scoring defense. The fact that you guys did face back up QB's regularly. so many variables. I am not claiming the Broncos Defense as the 00 Ravens either. We played well enough to get 13 wins. I think getting healthy we'll continue to see the defense we saw today, Average. Lets be honest here. With manning that's all that is needed. We don't need to have points scored off turnovers

Case in point where you guys are the 5th in scoring Defense.That helped slow down the Defense we averaged 31 points against you guys you gave up 19 and some change on average. We were 21 in the league and averaged 24.9 you guys aveaged 22.5 against us.

R and R I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for this info

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 12-29-2013 at 11:54 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #3517
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I'd be interested in what the rankings are for all teams since mid-season. For the Broncos, I think that is the @ Chargers game. I know some can't/won't believe it, but the Broncos have been playing better D in the 2nd half than they were in the first.
Agreed. I actually feel better about our defense today than I did a month ago, even with the loss of Von Miller.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:12 AM   #3518
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Defense averaged 27.25 first 8 for 218 points vs 181 or 22.52 last 8 games for what its worth

Chiefs over the first 8 98 points against 12.25 average. last 8 207 25.87average.

you could make the point, that you want your team playing better on the back 8 then the first 8. take it for what its worth.

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 12-30-2013 at 01:29 AM..
Old 12-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #3519
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Defense averaged 27.25 first 8 for 218 points vs 181 or 22.52 last 8 games for what its worth
1. Von Miller
2. Cold Weather
3. Opposing Offenses playing ball control to keep Manning off the field
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:10 AM   #3520
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. Von Miller
2. Cold Weather
3. Opposing Offenses playing ball control to keep Manning off the field
No sugar coating it, Von will be missed, for sure. OTOH, the two lowest score totals from opponents came without him. And before you scream "yeah, but they suck", consider this:
Schaub is a poor man's Romo. Pretty good for most of the game, makes a critical error in crunch time. He would make one of the better back up's for someone.

Pryor sucks, for sure, but he looked better in his 3rd game as a pro against us than he did today(or yesterday) after he's had several games experience. He scored 21 points at mile high, 14 in slop at home. That's improvement no matter how you slice it. If the Broncos played Henne and the Jags again, they don't make Henne look all pro. Period.

Manning proved cold weather doesn't affect him. If it affects the other QB, good. I'll take it.

Your 3rd point is bogus. Only the chargers with a 2 day game preparation played ball control with any success. The only thing of significance to come out of that game is that the Broncos have the so called "blueprint" on how to beat them. They can now make the necessary adjustments using said blueprint.

All that being said, the question isn't whether the defense is improved, because it has, IMHO. The question is can this defense rise to the occasion and make the critical stop or TO when we need it, so the offense can do its thing?

Stay tuned, we'll find out in 2 weeks.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #3521
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Agreed. I actually feel better about our defense today than I did a month ago, even with the loss of Von Miller.
Playing the two worst teams in football can do that for confidence.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #3522
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure is an Option for VJ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose

Rut Roh Shaggy! Eric Fisher ruled out for Saturday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...as-city-chiefs

The team told NFL Media on Friday that starting right tackle Eric Fisher has been ruled out for Saturday's wild-card showdown against the Indianapolis Colts with the groin injury he suffered in Tuesday's practice.

The good news for the Chiefs is that Branden Albert is expected to return at left tackle after missing the past four weeks with a hyperextended knee. His replacement, Donald Stephenson, likely will shift to the right side against a Colts defense with 41 sacks on the year.

Fisher graded out as this season's 70th-ranked tackle, per Pro Football Focus, after Kansas City made him the top overall pick in last April's NFL Draft. Stephenson ranked at No. 64 after making seven starts for the Chiefs in 2013.

Here's the rest of Friday's injury news:

1. Also for Kansas City, while outside linebacker Justin Houston is probable and expected to start for the first time since dislocating his elbow before Thanksgiving, pass rusher Tamba Hali is questionable with a knee injury. Tough blow for a Chiefs defense with just 10 sacks since Week 12.

2. The Colts are relatively healthy. Outside of defensive tackles Fili Moala and Aubrayo Franklin being listed as questionable with knee injuries, everyone else on the report is probable.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #3523
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

70th ranked tackle? Who cares if he is ruled out? Terri Schaivo would have been a better tackle for the Chiefs this year.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #3524
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure is an Option for VJ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
70th ranked tackle? Who cares if he is ruled out? Terri Schaivo would have been a better tackle for the Chiefs this year.
It does sound like an upgrade for them. Maybe this is a benching hidden in the cloak of a minor injury?

Hmmmm...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #3525
IA-Broncosfan53
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Who knew drafting a MAC player #1 overall might not be a good idea?
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote