The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #1176
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I don't understand why Beantown is arguing with Scribe/Tony and vice versa. This has nothing to do with HRs, strikeouts, OPS or anything else. This is just BOS vs. NYY and nothing else. Why one side would try to persuade the other is beyond me. One side is never going to say "well you know I didn't think of that, you're right"....this is Boston vs. New York, that's all that's going on here, both sides are wasting their e-breath. Homer vs Homer arguments never amount to anything
Old 08-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #1177
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't understand why Beantown is arguing with Scribe/Tony and vice versa. This has nothing to do with HRs, strikeouts, OPS or anything else. This is just BOS vs. NYY and nothing else. Why one side would seem to persuade the other is beyond me. One side is never going to say "well you know I didn't think of that, you're right"....this is Boston vs. New York, that's all that's going on here, both sides are wasting their e-breath.
You will notice I haven't bothered to chime in again. It's a ridiculous argument. Judge is a great young player, no need to dig at him.
Devers looks like a future stud, you don't see me or Tony attempting to knock him for a small sample size or etc. He's a great young talent and there is no need to dig at him.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #1178
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
I don't understand why Beantown is arguing with Scribe/Tony and vice versa. This has nothing to do with HRs, strikeouts, OPS or anything else. This is just BOS vs. NYY and nothing else. Why one side would try to persuade the other is beyond me. One side is never going to say "well you know I didn't think of that, you're right"....this is Boston vs. New York, that's all that's going on here, both sides are wasting their e-breath. Homer vs Homer arguments never amount to anything
This thread was on life-support, so what's the harm really? It started with my very simple, straight-forward claim that Judge is overrated. It wasn't directed at the Yankees fans in particular, but the fact that they and only they are even attempting to argue the opposite is telling IMO.

And the guy is currently still trucking along with his all-time strikeout record, so it's not like it's not bump-worthy....again IMO.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #1179
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
This thread was on life-support, so what's the harm really? It started with my very simple, straight-forward claim that Judge is overrated. It wasn't directed at the Yankees fans in particular, but the fact that they and only they are even attempting to argue the opposite is telling IMO.

And the guy is currently still trucking along with his all-time strikeout record, so it's not like it's not bump-worthy....again IMO.
I'm not saying there is any harm. I'm not saying it's inappropriate, it's just my own opinion as a neutral observer that this is a rivalry based argument masquerading as a real argument so when there are fierce rivals on each side I don't see why either side would keep arguing because due to the nature of it no one is gonna agree. You guys can talk about whatever you like I just don't see why each side would keep doing it given there will be no ultimate agreement in the end. But you are free to do it, as futile as it may be. JMO
Old 08-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #1180
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
I'm not saying there is any harm. I'm not saying it's inappropriate, it's just my own opinion as a neutral observer that this is a rivalry based argument masquerading as a real argument so when there are fierce rivals on each side I don't see why either side would keep arguing because due to the nature of it no one is gonna agree. You guys can talk about whatever you like I just don't see why each side would keep doing it given there will be no ultimate agreement in the end. But you are free to do it, as futile as it may be. JMO
To be fair, this describes almost half the threads on this site.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #1181
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
To be fair, this describes almost half the threads on this site.
Fair enough...you got me there.

Again, I wasn't saying it was violative of anything I just didn't see why you guys kept going around in circles, but as you said that's fairly common anyway.