The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #26
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
I never liked the old pick

Slow, undersized, bad competition, wassup overdrafted
He's 5-11 199 with 4.46 speed. How is he slow and undersized? Let me guess, you googled him and found the 5-10 165 and assumed that the assumption of his size that people had before the combine was correct?
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #27
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I don't get this. Why would you put your best YAC WR in a position whose routes aren't designed for YACs. I don't agree with the article saying the YACs would be more. Kubiak had DT in the slot a lot last year too. Thats a reason DT didn't have YACs last year in the slot(and even some TE routes). I could see sanders but DT? Use Latimer for that. Both DT and Latimer (assuming he can be something in a contract year) on the field can be helpful.
DT played in the slot a lot in 2013 under Gase and had a huge year.

There are opps for not only space but immense mismatched lining DT or Sanders up in the slot against slot CB/safeties/LB. It makes tons of sense to move your WRs around and create plus matchups for your playmakers

slot WRs aren't limited to 'TE route.'
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:30 AM   #28
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post

There are opps for not only space but immense mismatched lining DT or Sanders up in the slot against slot CB/safeties/LB. It makes tons of sense to move your WRs around and create plus matchups for your playmakers

Putting DT in the slot for McCoy or Gase is fine, Kubiak and Dennison were just ****ing stupid and had him running damn near designed TE routes.

You have to be creative on offense if you are planning to shift your WR's around and use them in the slot sometimes.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #29
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Well bye
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #30
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

I would just like to point out that the mans name is Carlos Henderson 3rd round pick, not Tavarres King 5th round pick.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:56 AM   #31
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!

Quote:

I'm good with that as long as it's creative cause Kubiak and Dennison had no answer.
This agrees about the YACs. :
"Slot Receivers (the Y) are predominately thrown passes into coverage in the middle area of the field; therefore, they get hit hard, a lot, causing more dropped passes. Their routes are typically more comeback. Meaning, not hit in stride. They're turning around towards the ball. There are many types of these routes, but for simplicity’s sake, just going to call any route that requires the receiver to turn towards the ball while still moving/stopping/running, a comeback."
https://www.milehighreport.com/platf...s-thomas-drops

Slot WRs take a beating. Is that what we want for DT? The guy played through pain last year and couldn't even run routes from the hip.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...in-routes/amp/
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:01 AM   #32
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

yes, I want all the WRs and even TE and RB taking regular season reps from the slot position. scheme diversity is something our o has lacked since Gase left and is a huge reason the O struggled imo.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #33
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
yes, I want all the WRs and even TE and RB taking regular season reps from the slot position. scheme diversity is something our o has lacked since Gase left and is a huge reason the O struggled imo.
Talent has hurt it as well but I agree, the diversity of the scheme has been lacking.
We need to be able to attack a defense and punish them for attempting to single out a certain player, formation or look.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:29 AM   #34
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Talent has hurt it as well but I agree, the diversity of the scheme has been lacking.
We need to be able to attack a defense and punish them for attempting to single out a certain player, formation or look.
totally agree. and with the apparent lack of talent at the QB position and without a substantial upgrade at TE, I think scheme becomes even more important

losing a guy with Carlos Henderson's skills set is a blow too because he brings something to the table no other Bronco currently brings--which is a quick-twitch and tough RAC player. McKenzie is quick twitch but he lacks the running style and body type to make the tackle-breaking runs Henderson does imo.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 08-13-2017 at 10:33 AM..
Old 08-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #35
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

I don't think they are going to put Henderson on IR. My guess is that Henderson goes on the PUP, but it depends on how he is healing over the next four to five weeks prior to the regular season.

If he does go on the PUP, the earliest he can come back is October 30th -- the Chiefs game. That would give him nearly 12 weeks to recover from this. According to Joseph, it sounds like the Broncos are going to carry six wide receivers on the active roster this season. So with Henderson being on the PUP, that means we will likely see:

Thomas, Sanders, Fowler, Taylor, Latimer and McKenzie as the top six to start the season -- with likely Taylor getting relegated when Henderson comes back.

In regard to Butt, I don't even know if he has actually practiced yet. He too could be another PUP candidate, but I've always maintained we should give him a redshirt year.

How many dudes can be on PUP at the same time and be brought back? Isn't there a few IR and designated to return spots too? How does that work?
70 - Rasul Douglas, CB - West Virginia
100 - Jaleel Johnson, DL - Iowa
124 - Blair Brown, ILB - Ohio
214 - Marquel Lee, ILB - Wake Forest
236 - Chuck Clark, DB - Virginia Tech
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:32 AM   #36
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

there are 2 IR spots that can be designated for return this yr. i don't think pup has a limit, but could be wrong
Old 08-13-2017, 10:34 AM   #37
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

At least McKenzie has looked good so far.

When healthy, Denver has lots of weapons. Unfortunately, injuries are deraling that right now.

Was hoping Henderson could fill that 3rd WR slot. Latimer has surprisngly looked good in camp and the one preseason game to this point.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #38
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Also i think you can put as many you want on PUP but there's a specific date they have to be activated for.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #39
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Two spots for IR designated to return, which allows for Week 8 return at the earliest. I don't see a limit for PUP per the rules, which allows a Week 6 return. Perhaps Butt could go on the IR designated to return. Hm.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #40
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I don't think they are going to put Henderson on IR. My guess is that Henderson goes on the PUP, but it depends on how he is healing over the next four to five weeks prior to the regular season.

If he does go on the PUP, the earliest he can come back is October 30th -- the Chiefs game. That would give him nearly 12 weeks to recover from this. According to Joseph, it sounds like the Broncos are going to carry six wide receivers on the active roster this season. So with Henderson being on the PUP, that means we will likely see:

Thomas, Sanders, Fowler, Taylor, Latimer and McKenzie as the top six to start the season -- with likely Taylor getting relegated when Henderson comes back.

In regard to Butt, I don't even know if he has actually practiced yet. He too could be another PUP candidate, but I've always maintained we should give him a redshirt year.

How many dudes can be on PUP at the same time and be brought back? Isn't there a few IR and designated to return spots too? How does that work?
I heard Henderson struggled during TC then he looked like trash in the Chicago game. Put him on IR give him a red shirt year and see what he has next year.

We need a TE badly. I don't see how they can afford to put Butt on IR if he has a chance to play this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #41
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I heard Henderson struggled during TC then he looked like trash in the Chicago game. Put him on IR give him a red shirt year and see what he has next year.

We need a TE badly. I don't see how they can afford to put Butt on IR if he has a chance to play this year.
Butt is still going through the motions after his ACL tear in the bowl game against FSU. We already lost Heuerman for one year because the team tried to play him too early after his Lisfranc injury in college, and he ended up blowing out a knee. I'm not sure what his timetable is, but the IR with designation to return might be good for him -- or give him enough time.

Henderson looked like trash and had two muffs because of his injury. He was looking great in camp (from reports) when they actually put the pads on, but struggled without them. I don't see the benefit in putting him on IR for the whole season. If healthy, I think he can provide a good spark for the offense, especially compared to some of the other lower-ring receivers we have.

If the team doesn't do something with Butt, that means they will have 6 WR, 4 TE and a FB (Janovich) on the active roster. That's 11 players. Usually, looking off McCoy's rosters in San Diego -- they had 9 players for those slots. Where do we cut down to keep guys?

I think it's safe to say Devontae Booker is going to get one of the PUP / IR-DR spots. Henderson and Anderson are making the team for sure. Will Charles?

The team is going to have to be crafty navigating through the infirmary of players they have to concoct a good roster.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #42
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Two spots for IR designated to return, which allows for Week 8 return at the earliest. I don't see a limit for PUP per the rules, which allows a Week 6 return. Perhaps Butt could go on the IR designated to return. Hm.
I doubt we IR Butt without a set back in his rehab. He heals fast as ****, the team is just being cautious. He came back fast as hell from his first ACL tear when he was still at Michigan and the coaches held him back to be safe.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #43
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I doubt we IR Butt without a set back in his rehab. He heals fast as ****, the team is just being cautious. He came back fast as hell from his first ACL tear when he was still at Michigan and the coaches held him back to be safe.
Hold me back.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #44
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's really a shame Butt wasn't ready for camp. The coaches have to mix and match with Heuerman, Green, and Derby instead of having a true all-purpose player.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #45
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Hold me back.
What? That's one of the reasons a lot of people still expected Butt to go high in the draft. Even with the 2 ACL tears it's known he heals fast.

He tore his ACL and meniscus after his frosh year during winter conditioning and missed only 2 games of his sophomore season and that is because the coaches were holding him back. He could have played to start that season.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #46
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!

Quote:

If he have a threat at slot it opens up for DT down field. When down field threats have to take on TE/slot routes it means your QB can't get downfield, or there's a lack of talent on your roster.

I'd like the same reps that Antonio browns of the league get for DT. Roughly 10% in the slot. Especially with a QB who has problems over the middle. Sanders is the WR who should take more in the slot.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 08-13-2017 at 12:10 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote