The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #26
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Roby will need to perform extremely well these last 6 games.

Hes always shown flashes but consistency has been his biggest issue.

Speaking of, depending on risk tolerance - I think a Roby is a perfect candidate this off season for a 1 year contract.
Roby's 26 and turns 27 in May. He'll get a 3-4 year deal in free agency, someone will bet on him to turn it around.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #27
CEH
Ring of Famer

Bolles had his best game of the year
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #28
champhalloffamer
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Speaking of, depending on risk tolerance - I think a Roby is a perfect candidate this off season for a 1 year contract.
A 1 year contract? That bum Trumaine Johnson got 5 years 70m off the Jets who is basically a Brandon Browner clone a big physical zone corner who cant play man coverage. Roby will be the best CB on the market 26 years old and is healthy and durable and doesnt miss games. He is going to get paid and the reason he wont get paid by the Broncos is we already have Harris getting paid and we wont be able to match what he gets on the open market. I think their is a good chance we are going to get a 3rd or 4th compensatory in 2020 for Roby.

Roby's only bad game was at the Jets and has played very well against the Chiefs twice, Rams, Chargers and the Cardinals some of the best QBs and offenses in football. Some fans on the Mane thinks if you give up 3 catches your a bum and the second coming of Roc Alexander. Chris Harris gives up catches and plays and fans start making excuses blaming Joe Woods and VJ calling zone coverage when its clearly not the truth and i love Chris Harris.

We have 2 legit starting CBs but i think Roby is gone because he will be too expensive to re-sign. I think Greedy and Baker at CB are going to be under heavy consideration by Elway and the front office to pair with Harris for the next 3 or 4 years like we did with Chubb and Von. It makes a lot of sense to have elite talent drafted early with a chance for them to learn from the best like Chris Harris and Von.
champhalloffamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #29
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Or maybe they can get him to play for free.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #30
manchambo
Ring of Famer

OK, let's cranks this thread up a notch and include maligned coaches who are getting better:

Woods: the overall stats for this defense are not terribly impressive. Yet, for the last three games at least, they have come up with key stops in crunch time to make wins possible. And watching one of the highest scoring games in the history of football last night should put some perspective on this team's performance against KC and LA in three games.

VJ: first, he has held this team together and gotten consistent effort. It would have been very easy, and not terribly surprising, for this team to go on vacation after the bye week. They did the opposite. We have all had concerns with his in-game decision making. Listening to his thinking on not challenging the two point conversion, I am convinced that he made a thoughtful decision on a complicated decision (and of course, in criticizing him, we are all assuming the call would have been overturned--that is far from a certainty).

To be clear, I am not yet convinced. If the team only wins two more games I would move on. But at 8 wins or more, I would be strongly inclined to retain him.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #31
Charleston Cav
Just Drafted

Bryce Hall from UVA, will be the best corner in this draft, book it.!
Charleston Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #32
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
OK, let's cranks this thread up a notch and include maligned coaches who are getting better:

Woods: the overall stats for this defense are not terribly impressive. Yet, for the last three games at least, they have come up with key stops in crunch time to make wins possible. And watching one of the highest scoring games in the history of football last night should put some perspective on this team's performance against KC and LA in three games.

VJ: first, he has held this team together and gotten consistent effort. It would have been very easy, and not terribly surprising, for this team to go on vacation after the bye week. They did the opposite. We have all had concerns with his in-game decision making. Listening to his thinking on not challenging the two point conversion, I am convinced that he made a thoughtful decision on a complicated decision (and of course, in criticizing him, we are all assuming the call would have been overturned--that is far from a certainty).

To be clear, I am not yet convinced. If the team only wins two more games I would move on. But at 8 wins or more, I would be strongly inclined to retain him.
So he made the wrong decision, but thoughtfully. I guess that's a step up. Maybe?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #33
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So he made the wrong decision, but thoughtfully. I guess that's a step up. Maybe?
I'm not convinced it was wrong. If they made that challenge and lost it they would have lost a timeout, and the game.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #34
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:

Good points, and I echo your sentiments. Woods has (rightfully, IMO) taken a lot of flak for his performance, but he is also a young coach who is not even two years into his role as a coordinator. I think there is evidence that it is coming together for him.

Joesph I am still not so sure on, but the team does seem to be playing hard for him.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:46 PM   #35
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by champhalloffamer View Post
A 1 year contract? That bum Trumaine Johnson got 5 years 70m off the Jets who is basically a Brandon Browner clone a big physical zone corner who cant play man coverage. Roby will be the best CB on the market 26 years old and is healthy and durable and doesnt miss games. He is going to get paid and the reason he wont get paid by the Broncos is we already have Harris getting paid and we wont be able to match what he gets on the open market. I think their is a good chance we are going to get a 3rd or 4th compensatory in 2020 for Roby.

Roby's only bad game was at the Jets and has played very well against the Chiefs twice, Rams, Chargers and the Cardinals some of the best QBs and offenses in football. Some fans on the Mane thinks if you give up 3 catches your a bum and the second coming of Roc Alexander. Chris Harris gives up catches and plays and fans start making excuses blaming Joe Woods and VJ calling zone coverage when its clearly not the truth and i love Chris Harris.

We have 2 legit starting CBs but i think Roby is gone because he will be too expensive to re-sign. I think Greedy and Baker at CB are going to be under heavy consideration by Elway and the front office to pair with Harris for the next 3 or 4 years like we did with Chubb and Von. It makes a lot of sense to have elite talent drafted early with a chance for them to learn from the best like Chris Harris and Von.
If he can get that type of contract he can cash in, but hes at a pivotal age of 26/27/28.

He will be 27 next season.

If he can put together one great year (next year) he can negotiate a monster contract the following season starting at 28 years old.

Its riskier play, but pay off is high and opportunity is available based on age.

Every year you can wait is significant of money extra, considering growth rate of NFL.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:29 AM   #36
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
If he can get that type of contract he can cash in, but hes at a pivotal age of 26/27/28.

He will be 27 next season.

If he can put together one great year (next year) he can negotiate a monster contract the following season starting at 28 years old.

Its riskier play, but pay off is high and opportunity is available based on age.

Every year you can wait is significant of money extra, considering growth rate of NFL.
Roby isnt signing a 1 yr deal. He isnt hurt, and he has no off the field issues. He's 26 now, turns 27 in May. He'll get a lucrative 4-5 year deal from someone.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:32 AM   #37
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by champhalloffamer View Post

I wouldnt say the Broncos cant afford him. If they cut Stewart, Wolfe, Marshall they'll save 13-15 mil in cap on top of the 40+ projected they have now. And who do they have worth re-signing?

And Denver doesnt have many guys they MUST pay. Denver may let Paradis walk as well, and he could get a big money deal. If Denver plays it right and signs players who get cut, they could be loaded with 2020 picks. Ray, Barrett, Roby and Paradis should get large enough contracts to net 4th-6th round picks. I'd pay Roby and bank on him to continue improving, but there's alot of money in free agency, Roby would do well for himself if he hit the market.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #38
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:

Everyone always bashes Woods/VJ, whichever is calling the defense in games.

I still say the Rams just ran Gurley and got the hell outta town but Denver did a good job vs them defensively. Goff didnt have a great game.

And Denver's the only team other than AZ to even remotely slow down the Chiefs offense. Wade's superstar defense got lit up like a christmas tree.