The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #76
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
FEAR THE FRO Lindsay

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 11,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
No he won’t. The Broncos aren’t making the playoffs, and even if by some weird fluke they did, they would need to reach the AFCCG-as a minimum-to save his job. I don’t know why so many on this board worry about this.
Not worried at all. I don't buy us in playoffs unless we win next 2 games slight chance at that point. We have too many afc losses 5 already with tie breaker imo.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #77
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 30,065
Default

Playoffs
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #78
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted
 
Old Coyote's Avatar
 
Cake!!!

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Not worried at all. I don't buy us in playoffs unless we win next 2 games slight chance at that point. We have too many afc losses 5 already with tie breaker imo.
But look at who they play. Indy plays Tenn. One gets a loss. Maimi has NE again. Baltimore plays the chuggers. Again one of em will lose. And we got the chuggers and Cincinnati... Thats the whole field in the running for 2 wild card spots. Chargers hold #5 and the rest of the pack are 5-5 teams. Those teams play each other and a big game besides.

If the Broncos take care of the Steelers in mile high.... suddenly they are back in that race not because of tie breakers but because other than the champs of each division the rest of the conference sucks like us too. And they should knock each other out and have to play big teams still besides each other. They can't end tied. Unless they tie. We see no ties rest of the season and even at 9-7 Broncos could get in. But they have to either win out from here or only lose one.

With only 6 games to go broncos have an easier schedule than the rest of the pack.

Try the playoff machine.
Old Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:04 PM   #79
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 11,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
No he wonít. The Broncos arenít making the playoffs, and even if by some weird fluke they did, they would need to reach the AFCCG-as a minimum-to save his job. I donít know why so many on this board worry about this.
You are on some serious drugs if you think making the playoffs doesnít save his job.

Vegas had us at like a 7 game o/u to start season.
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:24 PM   #80
Samiwindr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Samiwindr's Avatar
 
Helicopter style

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Court Sutton
Default

I like seeing Rivers cry. I still don’t think we win 8 games, but I can dream. Where all the KC fans tonight? Domestic violence must be up 12000% in Chef land after that choke job. Mahomes ends the game with two picks - just wow. Talk about crumbling like a lil’ ginger b***H under pressure. You could see it in Andy’s face - well sort of - like if you really focused and looked past the Cinnabon residue on his chin and last nights bbq sauce in his moustache. Choke like that, they must have gotten confused and thought the playoffs started.
Samiwindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:30 PM   #81
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 17,959
Default

Okay. Well, then.

On to the Steelers.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:53 AM   #82
RonStoppable
Seasoned Veteran
 
RonStoppable's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coyote View Post
But look at who they play. Indy plays Tenn. One gets a loss. Maimi has NE again. Baltimore plays the chuggers. Again one of em will lose. And we got the chuggers and Cincinnati... Thats the whole field in the running for 2 wild card spots. Chargers hold #5 and the rest of the pack are 5-5 teams. Those teams play each other and a big game besides.

If the Broncos take care of the Steelers in mile high.... suddenly they are back in that race not because of tie breakers but because other than the champs of each division the rest of the conference sucks like us too. And they should knock each other out and have to play big teams still besides each other. They can't end tied. Unless they tie. We see no ties rest of the season and even at 9-7 Broncos could get in. But they have to either win out from here or only lose one.

With only 6 games to go broncos have an easier schedule than the rest of the pack.

Try the playoff machine.
100% agreed i think 1 lose next 2 games and the rest wins get us in the playoffs. We would be 4-2 divisional. Go Broncos

RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:53 AM   #83
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,931

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonStoppable View Post
100% agreed i think 1 lose next 2 games and the rest wins get us in the playoffs. We would be 4-2 divisional. Go Broncos

What good does 4-2 do in the division? How is the AFC record?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:10 AM   #84
RonStoppable
Seasoned Veteran
 
RonStoppable's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What good does 4-2 do in the division? How is the AFC record?
My bad i did missunderstand tie breaker....

I just calculated it for the afc its ~30% if we lose only 1 of the next 2 games and win all other...
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...f-machine.html
RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:53 AM   #85
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,591
Default

Denver will have 5 losses in the conference. Going be hard to win that tie breaker
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #86
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 17,959
Default

I doubt we'll get anywhere near the playoffs, but I still want to see this team try to get better every week.

That means playing hard and trying to win every down in every series in every game.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #87
The.Underdog
Seasoned Veteran
 
The.Underdog's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I doubt we'll get anywhere near the playoffs, but I still want to see this team try to get better every week.

That means playing hard and trying to win every down in every series in every game.
They have been doing this!
The.Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #88
Punisher
ģ Nothing stopping VJ
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
97,98,2015 Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOO!ģ

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Film Room
Posts: 10,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
...that would certainly be the big prize wouldn't it! .....you folks need a nice string of 9-7, 10-6 one and done playoff games....with no shot to draft the QB you actually need to actually compete. I would LOVE the Broncos to be the 6th seed this year...LOVE. I am rooting the rest of the year for whatever needs to occur to make this happen.
Shut up whore
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #89
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Treasonous Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Granada Nicaragua
Posts: 6,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Shut up whore
Lol it's like he doesn't even remember how they got their QB.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:29 PM   #90
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted
 
Old Coyote's Avatar
 
Cake!!!

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What good does 4-2 do in the division? How is the AFC record?
Divisional doesn't matter.
We lost that race to the KFC crew.

But for a wildcard spot.
The field is:

At 4-6

Denver... We have Steelers, Bengals, 49ers, Browns, Raiders & Chargers.

@5-5

Indy... They have Miami, Jags, Texans, cowboys, giants, Titans.

Titans... They have Texans, Jets, Jags, giants, Wash, and Indy.

Miami... They have Indy, Bills, Pats, vikings, Jags, Bills.

Cincinnati... They have Brwns, Broncos, chargers, raiders, Brwns, Steelers.

Ravens... They have Raiders, falcons, KFC, Bucs, chargers & brwns.

@7-3

Chargers... They have Arizona, Pitt, Bengals, KFC, Ravens, Broncos.

Just playing out who plays who...
There are very realistic ways the Broncos get in at 10-6 and even a few at 9-7.

If the Chargers lose three of the five big games they have (which is very possible seeing the opposition) they can be knocked out of the playoffs all together.

Either we make it in or someone else is getting in there at 9-7 IMHO.

Look at that field and tell me who is going on a run.
Probably all of em have a couple of losses.

Ravens look like the biggest threat. But play it all out with the expected team winning (besides us, of course) and they run into the chargers and one knocks the other below us even at 9-7.

Indy and Tenn will run into each other and the Texans.

Miami has Oz and go up against NE & the Vikings & Indy.

Ravens have a dinged up QB situation and have KFC & the chargers to deal with.

That last game against LAC could be like a playoff game for the #6 spot with the winner advancing... Or it could mean LA is locked into a wild card spot & we get in if we win and if the chuggers do the Ravens or Indy get in at #6.

Damn. The conference sucks. At 4-6... With a horrible conference record.... Yet we actually have one of the most realistic chances to make it in out of the competition. Even with one loss out of 6 we could get in the on last wildcard. Hahaha....

But seriously... Who is going on a run in that field with those foes?
Old Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:35 AM   #91
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 
#MeToo

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coyote View Post
Divisional doesn't matter.
We lost that race to the KFC crew.

But for a wildcard spot.
The field is:

At 4-6

Denver... We have Steelers, Bengals, 49ers, Browns, Raiders & Chargers.

@5-5

Indy... They have Miami, Jags, Texans, cowboys, giants, Titans.

Titans... They have Texans, Jets, Jags, giants, Wash, and Indy.

Miami... They have Indy, Bills, Pats, vikings, Jags, Bills.

Cincinnati... They have Brwns, Broncos, chargers, raiders, Brwns, Steelers.

Ravens... They have Raiders, falcons, KFC, Bucs, chargers & brwns.

@7-3

Chargers... They have Arizona, Pitt, Bengals, KFC, Ravens, Broncos.

Just playing out who plays who...
There are very realistic ways the Broncos get in at 10-6 and even a few at 9-7.

If the Chargers lose three of the five big games they have (which is very possible seeing the opposition) they can be knocked out of the playoffs all together.

Either we make it in or someone else is getting in there at 9-7 IMHO.

Look at that field and tell me who is going on a run.
Probably all of em have a couple of losses.

Ravens look like the biggest threat. But play it all out with the expected team winning (besides us, of course) and they run into the chargers and one knocks the other below us even at 9-7.

Indy and Tenn will run into each other and the Texans.

Miami has Oz and go up against NE & the Vikings & Indy.

Ravens have a dinged up QB situation and have KFC & the chargers to deal with.

That last game against LAC could be like a playoff game for the #6 spot with the winner advancing... Or it could mean LA is locked into a wild card spot & we get in if we win and if the chuggers do the Ravens or Indy get in at #6.

Damn. The conference sucks. At 4-6... With a horrible conference record.... Yet we actually have one of the most realistic chances to make it in out of the competition. Even with one loss out of 6 we could get in the on last wildcard. Hahaha....

But seriously... Who is going on a run in that field with those foes?
Cincinnati should be back in business once A.J. Green comes back, possibly as soon as this weekend. But honestly all of those 5-5 teams are better than Denver IMO.
Mile High Salute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:27 PM   #92
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,627
Default

Whatcha think?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:28 PM   #93
RonStoppable
Seasoned Veteran
 
RonStoppable's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default

5 to go!

RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #94
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Rally cap time. Best option ever would be to fave the chiefs and knock them out in the divisional round
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:37 PM   #95
Broncos23
Seahawks Mock Drafter
 
Broncos23's Avatar
 
6-7, Fire VJ

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,011

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derrius Guice
Default

dalton might be out next week. I'm guessing Green will play but might be out.

Bengals defense is ass, should have a breakout game against them. Denver should win but noon road games are usually losses.
Broncos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:40 PM   #96
Ratboy
I want pure energy
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 20,177
Default

I still don't believe.

The odds are against us. Even if we win out, a lot of help is needed.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:54 PM   #97
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 13,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Rally cap time. Best option ever would be to fave the chiefs and knock them out in the divisional round
Zerovoltz would disappear. He might sign up next preseason under a new name. Then tell us how it will be different this time, and how he never felt this way before.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:08 PM   #98
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,425

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I still don't believe.

The odds are against us. Even if we win out, a lot of help is needed.
We have 4 games vs @ Bengals, @ 49ers, Browns, Raiders. All winnable games and we should be favored. We have Chargers at home which if we are on a nice winning streak, it could be us as favored especially if Chargers can't improve on their seed . It might be a buck of 2nd stringers. Players getting better and defense, without much from Chubb and Miller, were playing fine. Yiodom got some serious playing time with this win. All those that said to tank are an embarrassment to the fanbase.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:11 PM   #99
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,845

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I still don't believe.

The odds are against us. Even if we win out, a lot of help is needed.
Naw, if Denver wins out, they'd be in. Baltimore's schedule is brutal, and Colts have some tough ones. 10-6 would get in i think but do need some help.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:17 PM   #100
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 32,990

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Whatcha think?


They gotta win all 5 IMO. Wanna bet?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Denver Broncos