The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #51
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
He reminds me a little bit of Demarcus Were. Same build too.
I agree. Maybe not the same flexibility, but the same results!!
LeftCoastBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #52
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Chubb or Rosen would rock.
LeftCoastBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:09 AM   #53
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
No, but I hope they don't or Nelson is gone by 5.
This guy approves:

footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:09 AM   #54
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 12,327

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

I would happily take Rosen, chubb, Fitzpatrick or Nelson
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #55
4Horsemen
Ring of Famer
 
4Horsemen's Avatar
 
Just put it in the ole turkey hole!

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,218
Default

giants need to help eli, they made a 2 year commitment. i thing they go RB

eli
obj
barkley
4Horsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:49 AM   #56
champhalloffamer
Ring of Famer
 
champhalloffamer's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,221

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I dont see how the Giants pass up Chubb at 2. Olivier Vernon and JPP are on huge money and to get Chubb on a 5 year rookie deal would allow them to move on from Vernon or JPP after this season when the dead money is manageable for both. That's why i am hoping the Bills pay a kings ransom to go to 2. Then we jut have to worry about Cleveland at 4 trading out. To get the best defensive player in the draft at 5 would be crazy lucky for the Broncos. In the end i think the Giants at 2 or a team trading up to Cleveland at 4 are the Broncos biggest threat to getting Chubb.
champhalloffamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #57
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

I still wonder if there's any way Rosen is the QB that drops to us.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #58
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still wonder if there's any way Rosen is the QB that drops to us.
I think one of the top 4 QBs will be there. How teams have them ranked is anyone’s guess.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #59
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,574
Default

I think Baker May very well be the pick
i hope for Rosen my guess has Rosen and Baker at the top of Denvers QB board
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #60
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 
HoFer

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ND
Posts: 9,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HorSeimian View Post
giants need to help eli, they made a 2 year commitment. i thing they go RB

eli
obj
barkley
Don't forget Sheppard and Engram. With Barkley they'd have a potential explosive offense. It all hinges on Eli though. He's been average-below average the past few years. Was that coaching?
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #61
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,680
Default

I think Chubb represents a luxury pick. Great fun to drool over, but not a "necessity" position. The Oline is the highest need currently. Keenum eases the QB issue, although the trauma of last year and the year before slapped Elway up side the head forcefully. For that reason, if Rosen or Mayfield are available, picking either one would be a greatly satisfying move to Elway and Kubiak. If so, I would expect a later attempt to trade back into the low first to try to get an OT, Alternatively taking one in the second would be reasonable. If neither Mayfield or Rosen are there, it would seem to me to be 50/50 if the Broncos took Nelson or trade back.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #62
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Why destroy 18m in salary cap a year on Keenum if you're going to draft a QB? That money would have been better spent a stud OL and letting your franchise QB getting a season under his belt.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #63
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Why destroy 18m in salary cap a year on Keenum if you're going to draft a QB? That money would have been better spent a stud OL and letting your franchise QB getting a season under his belt.
Because Elway wants to win now and be positioned to be great in the future. Keenum is on two year deal and give the team the veteran QB it needs now but he isn't going to be face of the franchise for 10 years.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #64
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer
 
In hoc signo vinces

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Because Elway wants to win now and be positioned to be great in the future. Keenum is on two year deal and give the team the veteran QB it needs now but he isn't going to be face of the franchise for 10 years.
Right, so draft a good team and draft the best QB in the draft rounds 2-4 and let the guy learn and be the backup for two years.

If Keenum rocks trade the young kid and get more picks, and draft again in the 2-4 round area for high quality projects. Eventually one will be the QBotF and until then you gain extra draft capital.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:10 AM   #65
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I think Chubb represents a luxury pick. Great fun to drool over, but not a "necessity" position. The Oline is the highest need currently. Keenum eases the QB issue, although the trauma of last year and the year before slapped Elway up side the head forcefully. For that reason, if Rosen or Mayfield are available, picking either one would be a greatly satisfying move to Elway and Kubiak. If so, I would expect a later attempt to trade back into the low first to try to get an OT, Alternatively taking one in the second would be reasonable. If neither Mayfield or Rosen are there, it would seem to me to be 50/50 if the Broncos took Nelson or trade back.
I really wish people would stop seeing “need” and think about 1) the future of our D and how an elite pass rusher affects it. Also realize there are good guards later in the draft and good QB play will solve some line issues
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #66
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Why destroy 18m in salary cap a year on Keenum if you're going to draft a QB? That money would have been better spent a stud OL and letting your franchise QB getting a season under his belt.
Cause Elway believes in bridge QBs and “insurance”. We’ll know in April how much they believe in Keenum I guess
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #67
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
Right, so draft a good team and draft the best QB in the draft rounds 2-4 and let the guy learn and be the backup for two years.

If Keenum rocks trade the young kid and get more picks, and draft again in the 2-4 round area for high quality projects. Eventually one will be the QBotF and until then you gain extra draft capital.
9 times out of ten you’re lighting that pick on fire. The 4th round “learn” guy. I think I’m officially out of the “sit and learn” camp for any high pick. There’s zero proof it works
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:17 AM   #68
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,845

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
Right, so draft a good team and draft the best QB in the draft rounds 2-4 and let the guy learn and be the backup for two years.

If Keenum rocks trade the young kid and get more picks, and draft again in the 2-4 round area for high quality projects. Eventually one will be the QBotF and until then you gain extra draft capital.
You dont trade the young QB over Keenum in said scenario.

There's been QB's that have been 2nd-4th round picks but most of the time, you gotta take a QB in round 1. Thats proven model of success.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:25 AM   #69
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still wonder if there's any way Rosen is the QB that drops to us.
Kiper had him at #15 not so long ago.

He's not going at 15, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of these guys drops lower than they're predicted to, so it also wouldn't shock me if he dropped, even past Denver in fact. If a team is desperate at QB they will usually reach, which is why half the first rounders fail.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #70
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 7,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
How about Chubb at 5 and then trading the 2, 4, and Shane Ray to the Rams for 23 and drafting G Hernandez?
I don’t know about the value of your scenario, but If the pick is Chubb, then I think they would have to deal Ray at some point.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #71
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Kiper had him at #15 not so long ago.

He's not going at 15, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of these guys drops lower than they're predicted to, so it also wouldn't shock me if he dropped, even past Denver in fact. If a team is desperate at QB they will usually reach, which is why half the first rounders fail.
Kiper has that with a caveat I believe (that someone would trade up for him). I still think he’s the most talented of the bunch
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #72
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I don’t know about the value of your scenario, but If the pick is Chubb, then I think they would have to deal Ray at some point.
I still don’t understand why. We always have 4 pass rushers and on third and long, you kick ray inside
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #73
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 7,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still don’t understand why. We always have 4 pass rushers and on third and long, you kick ray inside
I did say “at some point”. Maybe, maybe not, this year, but he will be in his 5th season next year & they’ll have a decision to make, and if Chubb is clearly the better player, then you can only start one of them.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #74
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I did say “at some point”. Maybe, maybe not, this year, but he will be in his 5th season next year & they’ll have a decision to make, and if Chubb is clearly the better player, then you can only start one of them.
I’d still keep em all and see how they play together. If it doesn’t work, then explore. We can’t have everything. We can’t complain that we aren’t trading ray, then b**** when guys like edibali can’t sniff the QB
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:47 AM   #75
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still don’t understand why. We always have 4 pass rushers and on third and long, you kick ray inside
You don't kick Ray inside, but you go with the rotation they had when Ware was here. Ray/Miller start in base and Shaq/Chubb will rotate in to keep them fresh.

On passing downs you come with a NASCAR package that gets them on field at the same time.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Denver Broncos