The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #76
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He was imto a lot of obsurd ideas too like Chemtrails.
Baja brought bitcoin to my attention when it was $30. I thought it was one of his absurd ideas too. Then he mentioned it again when it was $90. Thatís when he got my attention. It was in early 2013. Those threads are gone. I started a new thread at the end of 2013 when bitcoin was $325.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...in#post3962699
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #77
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Baja brought bitcoin to my attention when it was $30. I thought it was one of his absurd ideas too. Then he mentioned it again when it was $90. Thatís when he got my attention. It was in early 2013. Those threads are gone. I started a new thread at the end of 2013 when bitcoin was $325.

Did you buy any?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #78
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post

Btc was as low as $11,000 in a flash crash recently.

It's a wild ride for sure.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #79
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
TJ, do you mine?

Iíve got a buddy who set up a business building crytomines and consulting. Thatís damn near as good of an idea as investing.
I thought about trying mining 5 years ago. I would probably have a decent fraction of one by now if I did. I didn't because I heard it cost more to produce than it was worth but that was before it took a jump in price.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:24 PM   #80
ōrange«rush
Aaaayh!!!

Dogecoin is where its at clearly. Who doesn't role with a Shiba Inu as a mascot.
ōrange«rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:25 PM   #81
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Did you buy any?
Yes, Iíve probably bought and sold about 10btc, most of it at much lower prices. I lost a little over 2 bitcoin on the Broncos Seahawks Super Bowl. It makes me sick knowing that bet is worth over $30k now. I only have .085 btc currently. Itís hard for me not to sell $1000 when my account reaches $2000. Wish I would have kept it all.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #82
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
TJ, do you mine?

Iíve got a buddy who set up a business building crytomines and consulting. Thatís damn near as good of an idea as investing.
No but my business partner and I are considering it right now.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:22 PM   #83
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I think I read this book before. If I remember right the name was " The Stock Market "

I mean isn't that what this is ?
Yes, this is an emerging trading market, much like the stock market. Imagine being in the early days of the NY Exchange, that's what this is, except global.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #84
Ratboy
I want pure energy

ಠ_ಠ

The real question, lets hear some of your coin investments.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:04 PM   #85
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
It's one of those deals you only hear of friends getting rich off of.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #86
Ragnar
Perennial Pro-bowler

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

So what happens when the Fed moves in seeing that an an untaxable currency is being traded, and suplanting the American Dollar?

Bitcoin becomes illegal and worthless, and it's the most superficial bubble in the nation.

It's a wild ride, but keep your eye on the movements, and consult your local sooth sayer often to determine when the Fed will step in and shut it down.

Or worse yet step in and make their own Crypto-currency and make all the competitors illegal.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #87
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm nervous about giving anybody anything that can be construed as investment advice. As much as I believe in the technology, I also think we're looking at a rocky road ahead. There will be big wins. There will be big losses. I get into things with specific thought processes, that adjust as I learn more about the market. People need to understand that this is quite like an astronaut bull riding a rocket. You better know where your hand holds are, have strong hands, and try to have understand the movements of that which you are riding. Don't invest what you cannot afford to lose, or that you can't be patient with.

This is why I don't get good sleep anymore. It's also why I've started with a $2.5k stake and ended up with 9x profit in 2 months. And that's not bragging. Literally everybody made money in December if they held on.

That said, here are some of the picks that I like right now so people can RESEARCH THEM THEMSELVES and decide if they like them.

Cardano (ADA) - Great project. Great team. They spun out of Ethereum and are trying to fix what they believe they got wrong there with a new project full of crypto superstars.

Ripple (XRP) - These guys are often called "FedCoin." They're supported largely by the banks, which is either good or bad, depending on your point of view. I personally think they're a relatively safe investment. They're currently at at $123 billion market cap. If they can get up to a Trillion, their coin will be at $27.00 (depending on what the supply is, which is another variable to always consider in the crypto space - another reason to lose sleep).

IOTA (IOTA) - This is not a blockchain, but something called a DAG. It intends to be a microtransaction processor for the Internet of Things (hence IOTA). It's got a working marketplace, but their PR is terrible. If they can overcome their bad PR/Marketing, this one has a lot of potential.

Stellar Lumens (XLM) - This is Ripple's little brother. The founder of Stellar left Ripple when he realized that the banks have taken over that project, and he started his own coin with blackjack and hookers.

I buy stellar as a tag-along to XLM, sort of like how you would tie two runningbacks together in fantasy football.

EOS (EOS) - A very promising application development platform. EOS means Ethereum on Steroids. It intends to beat Ethereum at its own game. I think it could. (My thoughts on Ethereum are very complicated and more than I'm willing to dig into right now).

Verge (XVG) - This one has a lot of potential to boom or bust. I have my largest stake int his currently, hoping for a ride from .17 to .70, at which point I'd take profits and redistribute the stake. It's a high volume privacy coin, and is currently the leader in that particular niche.

VeChain (VEN) - This one is sitting at all time highs, and I'm still considering investing more in this. If someone were to ask me "what one coin do you have the most confidence in," I would probably say VeChain at this point, though my portfolio doesn't yet reflect that. I should really think about how I'm going to correct that, but it's so hard to move from some of my stakes, and there are even more positions that I want to take.

Tronix - This coin is my b****. I bought in at .0004, rode it to .04, and sold. Then I later bought it at .03, and rode it to .25, and sold. I will buy in when I think it's bottoming out (I think somewhere around .13-.15, and then ride the next crest, and sell again. It seems to have a vision about Web 4.0. It's an interesting vision, to be sure. But right now it's all hype, so I buy and sell it like a hype coin (as opposed to HODLing).

Embercoin / Chartis - This is a sub penny coin that I think has a lot of explosive potential down the road. They're currently in transition from the Embercoin Project to the Chartis Project, which is purportedly the first GPS-enabled blockchain coin. Very interesting.

Other coins I'm considering:
Eternity Coin (ENT)
Electroneum (ETN)
Waves (WAVES)
Substratum (SUB)
Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL)
0x (ZRX)
Maecenas (ART)
Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Swarm City (SWT)
Edgeless (EDG)
ETHOS (ETHOS)
PO.ET (POET)
BitShares (BTS)
SONM (SNM)

I'd like to balance my portfolio to have a $1k stake in each of these by the end of the month.

Last edited by Taco John; 01-06-2018 at 06:19 PM..
Old 01-06-2018, 06:17 PM   #88
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
So what happens when the Fed moves in seeing that an an untaxable currency is being traded, and suplanting the American Dollar?

Bitcoin becomes illegal and worthless, and it's the most superficial bubble in the nation.

It's a wild ride, but keep your eye on the movements, and consult your local sooth sayer often to determine when the Fed will step in and shut it down.

Or worse yet step in and make their own Crypto-currency and make all the competitors illegal.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #89
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Going long on IOTA and XRB Raiblocks.

I have small stake in XRP Ripple, but I will dump it when the time is right to put more into IOTA and XRB.

On the hype train of XVG Verge, POE Po.et, and XRT Tron. Sold about a 1/4 of my XRT on the last run up to put into IOTA. I will also dump these to put more into IOTA.

I also have neglible amounts of BTC and ETH leftover from USD conversions. I only buy into those in order for trading for alt-coins on Binance. USD for alt-coins can not come soon enough for me.

Looking to get into JINN which is closely related to IOTA, but it's not so easy because of the cost, VERY limited quantity of 1,000,000, and quirky method of acquisition.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #90
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

What platform do you have access to all these tj?
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:37 PM   #91
Ratboy
I want pure energy

ಠ_ಠ

Nice diversity, TJ. Looks like you have your ass covered.

I'm sitting with Ethereum, Ripple, Stellar, and Request. I dumped TRON, something bugs me about his periscope Q&A. It seems totally unprofessional. I want to get into RaiBlocks, but Binance doesn't trade yet... soon.

I don't normally day trade, so it's been stressing me out. I need to find 1 or 2 more and just 'HODL'.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #92
Ratboy
I want pure energy

ಠ_ಠ

Po.et and VeChain are the next too i've been looking at. Been hesitant to pull the trigger.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #93
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yes, this is an emerging trading market, much like the stock market. Imagine being in the early days of the NY Exchange, that's what this is, except global.
Ok I'm putting on my old school mock hat. The hundreds or maybe thousands of crypto coins are like the stock market?

The stock market is corrupt as hell but at least based on companies, earnings, some production. I own some crypto crap but to compare to the stock market? Maybe a rogue nation currency but the Dow Jones? Maybe I'm underestimating the crypto digi game. Heck I'm still buying bullion during all this madness just to balance things out. An ounce of silver is the price of a 12 pack of good beer!

Gold does have an inverse relationship with the dollar. Could gold actually be a crypto hedge? I think if btc goes higher money will flow into bullion a very safe play.

Last edited by Meck77; 01-06-2018 at 11:29 PM..
Old 01-07-2018, 12:36 AM   #94
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Looking to get into JINN which is closely related to IOTA, but it's not so easy because of the cost, VERY limited quantity of 1,000,000, and quirky method of acquisition.
They don't even have a website, and the coin is $1,175 with a 70 million market cap - what the hell!
Old 01-07-2018, 12:40 AM   #95
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Ok I'm putting on my old school mock hat. The hundreds or maybe thousands of crypto coins are like the stock market?

The stock market is corrupt as hell but at least based on companies, earnings, some production. I own some crypto crap but to compare to the stock market? Maybe a rogue nation currency but the Dow Jones? Maybe I'm underestimating the crypto digi game. Heck I'm still buying bullion during all this madness just to balance things out. An ounce of silver is the price of a 12 pack of good beer!

Gold does have an inverse relationship with the dollar. Could gold actually be a crypto hedge? I think if btc goes higher money will flow into bullion a very safe play.

At some point in time, I expect to roll currency into cash, and gold and even stocks. But for now, I'm focused on the coins.

Yes, they're a lot like stocks, and in fact, they have become a way for companies to allow normal people to invest in them, rather than only the privileged Silicon Valley investors. They'll launch tokens, sell their idea through an ICO, and then sell their tokens to raise money for the project. The whole thing is fascinating.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:57 AM   #96
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

I smell another financial advice thread coming on.

I’ve swing traded since my mid 20’s. Took time and money but I would say I do it effectively.

I’ve learned the art of option trading. Took time and money but I do alright, and it’s easier to make better profit margins.

Just recently started doing more day trading and am just turning the corner on it (mastering charts can absolutely improve your swing trading)

I’ve got a very minimal amount in cryptos that I don’t actively trade (by my standards of active) and logic absolutely tells me that cryptos will have their day in my natural finance/trading learning curve... but I can never ever remember FOMO hitting me this hard.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:02 AM   #97
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

My goal is to own all of the bitcoins in the world.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #98
Meck77

Quote:
At some point in time, I expect to roll currency into cash, and gold and even stocks. But for now, I'm focused on the coins.

Yes, they're a lot like stocks, and in fact, they have become a way for companies to allow normal people to invest in them, rather than only the privileged Silicon Valley investors. They'll launch tokens, sell their idea through an ICO, and then sell their tokens to raise money for the project. The whole thing is fascinating.
Interesting. Well sounds like you have a solid plan to take profits. To convert some crypto into some gold coins for the kids college fund would be a nice achievement! If you can play with house money and limited cash in seems like fun. I use to day trade pre tech bubble burst. Didn't sleep well at all.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:09 AM   #99
ShaneFalco
Infamous

i trade bitcoin most of day when not working.

buy in the lows sell in the highs.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:22 AM   #100
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
They don't even have a website, and the coin is $1,175 with a 70 million market cap - what the hell!
In my IOTA research, I stumbled across JINN and the much talked about "Q" project. Around 58K JINN have been released, and 1 million will be the final quantity. A JINN-IOTA exchange was made a couple years ago due to changing legal definitions of cryptos in Europe; however, some people took the risk held onto their JINN. (Huge info rabbit hole if you want to dive into it...)

Currently, the only way I've found to get JINN is in exchange for NXT on the NXT Asset Exchange which has its own client and marketplace and doesn't appear to deal in fractionals. It looks like the going price for 1 is 3000 NXT which is around 2500 USD, and something is up because the NXT Asset Exchange sell prices have more than doubled in a week based on the trade history.

Speculation is that the JINN processor is the ternary (0,1,-1) hardware component of IOTA which will allow faster, more efficient, and distributed computing between devices that have the JINN chip. People are also saying this is the "Q" Qubic project one of the IOTA founders keeps dropping hints about.

It sounds like you have a lot more money than I have in the game, but if you can afford JINN, it sounds like a good buy in addition to accumulating more IOTA while it's still relatively cheap. I believe IOTA will be one of the last cryptos standing after the BIG crash which will hopefully not happen for awhile. I just have to remember to not get too greedy and bail even if it costs me some gains.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote