The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #376
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paxton Lynch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
The Texans are going to beat him at Arrowhead. You should start preparing yourself now so it hurts a little less.


Those the guys that barely scraped by Colt Mccoy?
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:05 PM   #377
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 
#MeToo

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvBroncos View Post


Those the guys that barely scraped by Colt Mccoy?
They murdered Alex and are going to do the same to Kermit Three-Picks. And they’re on a seven game winning streak. Better than the Titans team that handled y’all last year.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #378
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paxton Lynch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
They murdered Alex and are going to do the same to Kermit Three-Picks. And they’re on a seven game winning streak. Better than the Titans team that handled y’all last year.


And who was quarterbacking the Chiefs last year against those Titans...

Step up your trolling mr.!

At least go with the NE over KC angle. That's much more believable.
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #379
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 35,550
Default

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #380
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 35,550
Default

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #381
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Big question mark on that Rams D was the edge rush, and I think we can see pretty clearly why.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #382
MamaMia
Ring of Famer
 
MamaMia's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Big question mark on that Rams D was the edge rush, and I think we can see pretty clearly why.
This offseason, we offer them Von Miller for their first round picks in 2020, 2021, and 2022 when they are so cash strapped that they go back to being a complete joke of a team again and we have three top 15 picks coming back.

This will also make them almost unbeatable for the next two years, giving the Chiefs no chance to win a Super Bowl.

Win win.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #383
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
This offseason, we offer them Von Miller for their first round picks in 2020, 2021, and 2022 when they are so cash strapped that they go back to being a complete joke of a team again and we have three top 15 picks coming back.

This will also make them almost unbeatable for the next two years, giving the Chiefs no chance to win a Super Bowl.

Win win.
No way you'd trade your best player for year+ off compensation.

Plus I don't even like to think about this team without Von quite honestly.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #384
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 
#MeToo

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvBroncos View Post


And who was quarterbacking the Chiefs last year against those Titans...

Step up your trolling mr.!

At least go with the NE over KC angle. That's much more believable.
I don’t need to. KC won’t make it that far. 0-1.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #385
ShaneFalco
Infamous
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17,181
Default

im really excited about the new american league.



maybe they wont turn the game into flag footbal
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #386
Punisher
® Nothing stopping VJ
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
97,98,2015 Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOO!®

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Film Room
Posts: 10,245

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7
Default

Nice Pac12 game
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #387
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paxton Lynch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
I don’t need to. KC won’t make it that far. 0-1.
Let's have a friendly wager.

Are you in?
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #388
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Nice Pac12 game
Could have also been the Big 12 game of the week.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #389
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,626
Default

A touchdown every 4 minutes

Joe Woods would have figured a way to hold
Chiefs under 50.


Terrible defensive coordinating

How many 1st round picks are starting on defense for rams
6-8?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:20 PM   #390
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 
#MeToo

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvBroncos View Post
Let's have a friendly wager.

Are you in?
Sure, lol. Are you calling a KC Super Bowl win, or just maintaining that they’ll make it past the divisional round?
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #391
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 33,009

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
A touchdown every 4 minutes

Joe Woods would have figured a way to hold
Chiefs under 50.


Terrible defensive coordinating

How many 1st round picks are starting on defense for rams
6-8?


Show me one good player after their front line. That’s why they had to get Fowler. LBs and CBs basically PS squad players right now. Still 5 TOs and 28 points directly influenced by the defense. Multiple defensive scores.

Wades defense can put up more points than VJs offense.

Today’s climate is all offense. Days of the defense is over. Done. Can’t even tackle normally without flags. That was purposely put it to kill defenses. Want to win in 2018 and beyond? Better have a high powered offense and score more points.


Bills have among the best Ds in the league. Means absolutely nothing
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:41 PM   #392
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Show me one good player after their front line. That’s why they had to get Fowler. LBs and CBs basically PS squad players right now. Still 5 TOs and 28 points directly influenced by the defense. Multiple defensive scores.

Wades defense can put up more points than VJs offense.

Today’s climate is all offense. Days of the defense is over. Done. Can’t even tackle normally without flags. That was purposely put it to kill defenses. Want to win in 2018 and beyond? Better have a high powered offense and score more points.


Bills have among the best Ds in the league. Means absolutely nothing
An yet still gave up 50. Terrible to have 2 defensive scores and not win by 20 with their offense.

Even VJ's team Denver wins both games had they had 2 defensive TDs
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #393
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paxton Lynch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Sure, lol. Are you calling a KC Super Bowl win, or just maintaining that they’ll make it past the divisional round?
You just said 0-1.

Let's wager on it.
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:17 PM   #394
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 
#MeToo

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvBroncos View Post
You just said 0-1.

Let's wager on it.
Heh, surprised you don’t have a little more confidence in your team than that. Based on your post history I thought the Chefs had already racked up multiple titles and Kermit Three-Picks multiple Super Bowl MVPs.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:04 AM   #395
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paxton Lynch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Heh, surprised you don’t have a little more confidence in your team than that. Based on your post history I thought the Chefs had already racked up multiple titles and Kermit Three-Picks multiple Super Bowl MVPs.
Are you backing out or what?

I'm not going to bet a lot of money since I don't bet anyway, but I think 100 bucks sounds reasonable.

Chiefs go 0-1 as you say I owe you 100. They go 1-0 you owe me 100.
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:24 AM   #396
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

I'd wait to see how the seeding shakes out before i'd say KC goes one and done.

I dont think Houston would beat them. Maybe Pittsburgh would beat them in a shootout, same with NE. That's about all i'd see from the AFC who would get them.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:39 AM   #397
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
1. Patriots laugh at concepts like "numbers" Their Januaries speak for themselves.

2. The others are further down the cap/talent curve where elite talent had to be shuffled out to get everyone paid. You've got this year and next. After that, you'll have a better perspective.
Patriots havent been good on the road, i dont think they'd win in Arrowhead. They had to play a flawless game at home to barely win. Mahomes was shaky early and they barely won.

Chiefs two losses, they had 8 turnovers, scored 91 points and lost by a FG in both games. That's scary. As long as KC has Mahomes under center, they'll be a threat every year going forward, but they do have a ton of guys on rookie deals. You say they have this year and next, like they'll be a bottom 10 team after they have to pay good players on their team. That's a good problem to have.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #398
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,148
Default

Amazing what a good TE can do. The team that can neutralize TK without allocating a lot of defensive resources will have a shot...just like with Gronk.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #399
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 11,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Patriots havent been good on the road, i dont think they'd win in Arrowhead. They had to play a flawless game at home to barely win. Mahomes was shaky early and they barely won.

Chiefs two losses, they had 8 turnovers, scored 91 points and lost by a FG in both games. That's scary. As long as KC has Mahomes under center, they'll be a threat every year going forward, but they do have a ton of guys on rookie deals. You say they have this year and next, like they'll be a bottom 10 team after they have to pay good players on their team. That's a good problem to have.
People were saying the exact same thing about Wentz, it only took one season for a down year.

All the talk after Marino burst onto the scene and made the Superbowl in his 2nd season was just how many would he end up winning. He never made it back.

Rodgers is the sexy pick in the NFC every season, and despite his excellence, It's been 8 years since they made the SB. Hell we've been there twice in that span.

Brees has been the most consistently excellent QB for a while now, and up until last season he was on a streak of 3 straight losing seasons, and hasn't seen a conference championship since they won it all 12 years ago.

Luck is widely considered the most complete QB in the league, and 6 seasons in, his team can't even keep him upright and healthy most years.

Mahomes has taken the league by storm this season, no doubt, but things will settle. He can do some impressive things, and is in a perfect system for it. The league always catches up, it is just the way of things.

We all know that a great QB can cover up a lot, we know they can steal victories from sure losses (See our first KC game this season). We also know better than anyone that it takes more than that.

2 of our Championships were won at the direct expense of that years League MVP QB. In 2013 we had the record breaking League MVP on our side, and suffered another humiliating SB Loss.

So good for them, it's fun to have great players. These wild games this season aren't a great predictor for the post season or future seasons though.

1998 Vikings
2001 Rams
2007 Patriots
2009 Colts
2010 Patriots
2012 Broncos
2013 Broncos
2015 Panthers

How many seemingly unstoppable juggernauts have failed in the post seasons? More often than not really.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #400
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 631

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
People were saying the exact same thing about Wentz, it only took one season for a down year.

All the talk after Marino burst onto the scene and made the Superbowl in his 2nd season was just how many would he end up winning. He never made it back.

Rodgers is the sexy pick in the NFC every season, and despite his excellence, It's been 8 years since they made the SB. Hell we've been there twice in that span.

Brees has been the most consistently excellent QB for a while now, and up until last season he was on a streak of 3 straight losing seasons, and hasn't seen a conference championship since they won it all 12 years ago.

Luck is widely considered the most complete QB in the league, and 6 seasons in, his team can't even keep him upright and healthy most years.

Mahomes has taken the league by storm this season, no doubt, but things will settle. He can do some impressive things, and is in a perfect system for it. The league always catches up, it is just the way of things.

We all know that a great QB can cover up a lot, we know they can steal victories from sure losses (See our first KC game this season). We also know better than anyone that it takes more than that.

2 of our Championships were won at the direct expense of that years League MVP QB. In 2013 we had the record breaking League MVP on our side, and suffered another humiliating SB Loss.

So good for them, it's fun to have great players. These wild games this season aren't a great predictor for the post season or future seasons though.

1998 Vikings
2001 Rams
2007 Patriots
2009 Colts
2010 Patriots
2012 Broncos
2013 Broncos
2015 Panthers

How many seemingly unstoppable juggernauts have failed in the post seasons? More often than not really.
This is a new league my friend. Defense is dead and it’s basically a shoot out fest.

The Saints, Chiefs, Rams, Patriots and Steelers are the best teams in the league and if any of them play each other, you can throw defense out the window. It will be a 60+ point combined game.
Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Denver Broncos