The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #1101
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
ah, it appears the PFR main player page has 7 for Newton. Okay, so Wilson has as many 4th Q Comebacks in fewer games as Newton (so more comeback drives per games played--impressive) and Wilson still has 4 more GW drives than Newton despite playing a full season less.

#Clutch
Ah - yes you are a dumbass.

"Despite playing a full season less" is an extremely stupid addition to your argument in reference to the 4th quarter comeback stat - considering there are so many variables that play into that.

Such as - opportunity with point differential stats along with it.

Detailed understanding of things like - and your lack of it - proves your armchair status.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #1102
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8,548

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Again a "much" lesser defense - yet Packers defense has performed better this year.
GB has been better vs the run this year, correct. not even close vs the pass--which is what we are discussing, but sure. Don't expect much from J Stew. Passing lanes should be open though.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #1103
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Yeah because when Manning does it - it's ok.

Because you know - QBs never get mad at their players.

****ing idiot - I swear you fools throw everything out the window when trying to prove a point.

Goes back to my post earlier in this thread - which is most people just aren't very smart and can't handle multiple variables going on at once.

In this case - Dedhed is so tuned in and wants to see Cam in a negative way for his argument -- that every negative thing that happens will be blown up in his brain without being able to keep a mental baseline to be objective.

Such as this moronic post of "OMG HE'S A BAD QB HE YELLED AT HIS TEAMMATE!"

Most likely some fat **** or nerd that's never played sports.
I doubt Manning yealls at his teammates for things that are his responsibility; like, oh, managing the play clock.

How many times were you a High School All-American?
How many state records do you hold?
Did you play DI in college?
Have you played professionally?

But this shows your amazing intellect; operating under laughable ASSumptions and positing circle arguments.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #1104
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8,548

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Such as - opportunity with point differential stats along with it.
considering the W/L of each QB and a full season more of play, Cam has had more than ample opps for GW drives or comebacks. Just hasn't happened.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #1105
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Is it really ****ing surprising that a player that plays on a better team has more 4th quarter comebacks?

Especially on a team like seattle that runs the ball and plays a defensive game?

I bet you Big Ben has ****load of 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives too.

Lol @ #clutch - yeah Romo is 17th all time in 4th quarter comebacks - and we all know he's the most clutch QB ever.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #1106
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I doubt Manning yealls at his teammates for things that are his responsibility; like, oh, managing the play clock.

How many times were you a High School All-American?
How many state records do you hold?
Did you play DI in college?
Have you played professionally?

But this shows your amazing intellect; operating under laughable ASSumptions and positing circle arguments.
Oh because the QB is the only one that plays a factor in a possible delay of game.

Because Manning - has never called a time out because a certain player was at fault for lining up in the wrong position or not knowing what to do.

Are you trying to claim you accomplished all those things or something?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #1107
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Is it really ****ing surprising that a player that plays on a better team has more 4th quarter comebacks?
You cannot be serious with this.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #1108
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8,548

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

action, are you really getting angry over this?
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #1109
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
You cannot be serious with this.
You cannot be serious that you don't understand that.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #1110
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
GB has been better vs the run this year, correct. not even close vs the pass--which is what we are discussing, but sure. Don't expect much from J Stew. Passing lanes should be open though.
Wait what?

Green Bay is the worst team against the run this year and 5th against the pass.

What a ****ing moron

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #1111
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

So my ASSumption that you guys are morons are correct - as 1 armchair stat nerd in here has shown he doesn't watch any football and just looks at stats - and he can't even do that simple task correctly.

While the other one uses a delay of game penalty - 1 play - and a QB yelling at their player to exemplify a bad QB. ****ing idiot HA!

I'm sure you 2 are geniuses in person
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #1112
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

BroncosfanGuy - what a ****ing liar..."Much lesser defence" ... "not even close against the pass" "passing lanes should be open"... then claims he watches football.

No you don't watch anything - and the only reason you though Rams had a better defense thus far is because you don't know anything.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #1113
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You cannot be serious that you don't understand that.
I see you've ignored the rest; very convenient.

The fact that you can't comprehend how the QB on the better team would have fewer chances to come from behind, you know because the better team is likely ahead in the fourth qtr, pretty much sums up this thread for you.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #1114
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Looks like John Elway's game stats from 1984. You know the year Denver went 13-3 and Elway's' 2nd year in the league. Look it up.

My original point still stands. using the Super Bowl stat line to downgrade Wilson didn't sway anyone to think Cam is better than Wilson.
Rules that favor the passing game now, weren't in place in '84....

Let's put it like this, if you took Cam Newton and put him on the Seahawks and Put Wilson on the Panthers, would the results be the same?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #1115
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Rules the favor the passing game now, weren't in place in '84....

Let's put it like this, if you took Cam Newton and put him on the Seahawks and Put Wilson on the Panthers, would the results be the same?
I hate questions like this. You have no idea, and neither does anyone else. My guess is that both teams would be worse.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #1116
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8,548

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Let's put it like this, if you took Cam Newton and put him on the Seahawks and Put Wilson on the Panthers, would the results be the same?
Steve Smiff might have a ring by now
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #1117
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 14,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Steve Smiff might have a ring by now
Because Seattle is a better team than Carolina.

Nothing to do with QB play.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #1118
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Rules that favor the passing game now, weren't in place in '84....

Let's put it like this, if you took Cam Newton and put him on the Seahawks and Put Wilson on the Panthers, would the results be the same?
It's always tough to say would result be the "same" but everyone and their mom knows Seattle would be just as good if they had Cam... (winning a super bowl though? maybe, maybe not)

But what would Wilson look like on the Panthers with no Lynch, elite running game, elite coaching staff... drop in offensive talent... and a non historical defense.

I remember someone in this thread claiming that Seattle and Panthers defense were similar in how good they were (1 of the 2 idiots above probably)... yet Seattle has Earl Thomas - Chancellor - Irvin - Smith - Sherman - Mebane - Bennet - Avril...etc

Bet no one can name that many players on the whole Panthers team let alone defense.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #1119
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So my ASSumption that you guys are morons are correct -
The correct way to phrase that would be:

"my ASSupmtion that you guys are morons is correct". Your usage is as incorrect as your take, but I'm sure you knew that because you've told us how smart you are.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #1120
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Steve Smiff might have a ring by now
Going to just ignore the fact that you told a blatant lie about the Packers defense

I think what happened is - because you just look at stats - you tried to go some stat website to look up team defense statistics and you were just too ****ing stupid to interpret those stats/rankings.

Either way - you're a ****ing idiot
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #1121
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
The correct way to phrase that would be:

"my ASSupmtion that you guys are morons is correct". Your usage is as incorrect as your take, but I'm sure you knew that because you've told us how smart you are.
You are right. My grammar was incorrect. It should have been "is."
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #1122
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 31,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
They won a playoff game with Wilson going 9/18 for 103 yards, but hes why they won.
Did they only play one playoff game and he sucked in it? Tell me more about Wilson's other playoff games if they did actually have more than one playoff game (is Seattle like the Chiefs?) . How about that QB we had named Elway. Boy, I see his stats from the GB SB game and say out loud, "Boy, he sucked that game! I bet there is nothing memorable about anything he did. It was all Davis!"

You remind me of Mile High Mojoe with Luck opinion.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #1123
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 12,921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Let's cut to the chase. Tebow> Newton
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #1124
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 8,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Did they only play one playoff game and he sucked in it? Tell me more about Wilson's other playoff games if they did actually have more than one playoff game (is Seattle like the Chiefs?) . How about that QB we had named Elway. Boy, I see his stats from the GB SB game and say out loud, "Boy, he sucked that game! I bet there is nothing memorable about anything he did. It was all Davis!"

You remind me of Mile High Mojoe with Luck opinion.
But Wilson truly sucked that game.

Came into the 4th with a 16-0 lead while playing like ass when Lynch was carrying that team.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #1125
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I hate questions like this. You have no idea, and neither does anyone else. My guess is that both teams would be worse.
Amazing, because damn near every Broncos fan used it everytime someone claimed Joe Montana was a better QB than John Elway.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Denver Broncos