The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #14126
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,960
Default

RGIII Feels he is the best QB in the NFL
Quote:
"I feel like I'm the best quarterback in the league, and I have to go out and show that," he told the station. "Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they're not a top competitor, they're not trying to be the best that they can be.

"There's guys in this league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that's what I work toward every single day."
How do even fix your mouth to utter such nonsense? Yes I know you want your QB to be confident but my gosh. Be the clear and unquestioned best QB on your own team first.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:50 AM   #14127
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,355
Default

Don't be so hard up for drama that you feel the need to mine his answer for something that isn't there.

It's a dumb question. As soon as he starts answering it earnestly, a gong should be sounded and he should be pied in the face. He fell for the trap, but it's stupid to get bent out of shape based on his answer.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:20 AM   #14128
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Don't be so hard up for drama that you feel the need to mine his answer for something that isn't there.

It's a dumb question. As soon as he starts answering it earnestly, a gong should be sounded and he should be pied in the face. He fell for the trap, but it's stupid to get bent out of shape based on his answer.
Not bent out of shape. But when you are still fighting to start for your franchise, you do not say that in any form.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:30 AM   #14129
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 50 Champs

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,423
Default

I'm not sure if he even is the best qb on his own team anymore

There is a difference in saying you are working towards being the best, and that you currently are the best

He is currently the best black quarterback with the last name of Griffin though
I will give him that
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:48 AM   #14130
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 11,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Don't be so hard up for drama that you feel the need to mine his answer for something that isn't there.

It's a dumb question. As soon as he starts answering it earnestly, a gong should be sounded and he should be pied in the face. He fell for the trap, but it's stupid to get bent out of shape based on his answer.
It really is NOT a stupid question, it exposes a fatal flaw of the "me" generation. They lack any real respect or consideration for the learning and development process. He "FEELS" like he is the best QB, but he does not know better. He really does not. And the biggest problem with that is his enabled behavior that stops him from learning and developing accordingly.

The kid has all the physical tools and none of the mental side. We see that kind of Poser all the time in the NFL Robert. Ask Rahim Moore......
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #14131
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Looking around the schedules you notice a few things..

-The Packers have a great schedule and play almost every tough team at home except Denver and Arizona. I think they will be the #1 seed in the NFC.
-The Dolphins have a great schedule too. They should start off 5-1 or maybe 6-0. Look at their first six games: @WAS, @JAC, BUF, NYJ, @TEN, HOU.
They also play 4 of their last 5 games at home. If they don't make the playoffs this year then they should fire their coach. By far the most favorable schedule of any potential playoff team.
-Ravens got screwed to open their season. 5 of their first 7 games are on the road.
-Steelers play 4 AFC playoff teams in a row in the last 5 weeks (IND, CIN, BAL, DEN). Yikes
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #14132
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,671

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
It really is NOT a stupid question, it exposes a fatal flaw of the "me" generation. They lack any real respect or consideration for the learning and development process. He "FEELS" like he is the best QB, but he does not know better. He really does not. And the biggest problem with that is his enabled behavior that stops him from learning and developing accordingly.

The kid has all the physical tools and none of the mental side. We see that kind of Poser all the time in the NFL Robert. Ask Rahim Moore......
I'm pretty sure the medical term for it is Cutler Syndrome.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #14133
Gort
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm pretty sure the medical term for it is Cutler Syndrome.
this post is more like a 6...
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #14134
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Return to the Playoffs

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Looking around the schedules you notice a few things..

-The Packers have a great schedule and play almost every tough team at home except Denver and Arizona. I think they will be the #1 seed in the NFC.
-The Dolphins have a great schedule too. They should start off 5-1 or maybe 6-0. Look at their first six games: @WAS, @JAC, BUF, NYJ, @TEN, HOU.
They also play 4 of their last 5 games at home. If they don't make the playoffs this year then they should fire their coach. By far the most favorable schedule of any potential playoff team.
-Ravens got screwed to open their season. 5 of their first 7 games are on the road.
-Steelers play 4 AFC playoff teams in a row in the last 5 weeks (IND, CIN, BAL, DEN). Yikes
I still think KC got the shaft with those first four games. If yall lose the opener to Houston, 0-4 is a very real possibility. Not saying that trying to be a hater, either.

I agree that if the Dolphins don't make the playoffs with that schedule, it's time to move on from that coaching staff. Would love to see Brady's suspension upheld and Miami challenge for the division.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #14135
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm pretty sure the medical term for it is Cutler Syndrome.
I wasn't ready.
That is simply a question that you do not answer or at least given in that form given the controversy surrounding you.
You have 2 HC's who want nothing to do with you.
One got fired and now the new coach seems to be willing to allow you to fail and then bring in his own guy.

That is a incendiary comment that was not needed for your team. Just shut up, win the competition and show us how good you are.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #14136
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
It really is NOT a stupid question, it exposes a fatal flaw of the "me" generation. They lack any real respect or consideration for the learning and development process. He "FEELS" like he is the best QB, but he does not know better. He really does not. And the biggest problem with that is his enabled behavior that stops him from learning and developing accordingly.
I agree with all of this 100% in regard to what is shows us about the way he sees himself and how that limits him as a player. What's the old saying about how the smartest dude is the one who knows how much he doesn't know?

I still think the question is a stupid one, though. They may as well have approached him with, "Robert, demonstrate for us what you've learned about the media's capacity to give you a safe place to speak your delusional mind." Do you really think there's a journalist out there truly digging to find the best quarterback in the NFL? They just want to cast out a line and see who bites.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #14137
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,355
Default

If I ran a football team there'd be training and reward programs for responding to the media, with incentives and bonuses for the most banal, most efficient, most cliched, most whatever. It seems like the easiest thing in the world to me, and yet guys like RGIII constantly are tripping all over themselves either being earnest or idiotic or both.

"Right now I'm just trying to be the best QB I can be for my team."
"I don't get caught up in lists, I know that if I work hard enough I'm capable of anything."
"Best is a relative term."
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #14138
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
If I ran a football team there'd be training and reward programs for responding to the media, with incentives and bonuses for the most banal, most efficient, most cliched, most whatever. It seems like the easiest thing in the world to me, and yet guys like RGIII constantly are tripping all over themselves either being earnest or idiotic or both.

"Right now I'm just trying to be the best QB I can be for my team."
"I don't get caught up in lists, I know that if I work hard enough I'm capable of anything."
"Best is a relative term."
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #14139
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 7,132

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default










Last edited by crush17; 08-18-2015 at 06:17 PM..
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #14140
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,938
Default

Does Buffalo by chance have a surplus of O-linemen?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #14141
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 31,365
Default

RIP
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:51 PM   #14142
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post

Further proof that God is a racist and hates black people!
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:11 AM   #14143
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 7,132

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default


crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #14144
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 26,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default


ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #14145
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,960
Default

For ****s sake. McCoy and Benjamin in a row? This is killing my fantasy team plans.
**** **** ****ity **** ****!!!!!!!!
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #14146
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
For ****s sake. McCoy and Benjamin in a row? This is killing my fantasy team plans.
**** **** ****ity **** ****!!!!!!!!
If your plan revolved around Benjamin, you had issues to begin with.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #14147
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 29,957
Default

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet6m6 minutes ago
Source: #Dolphins DB Louis Delmas has a torn ACL, per initial diagnosis.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #14148
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post

First twitter reply:

Quote:
@NFL why does the Seahawks hate our military??
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:53 PM   #14149
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 29,957
Default

NFL@NFL1m1 minute ago
.@MarcusTrufant skydives into @Seahawks Camp from 13,000 feet. Like a boss. pic.twitter.com/piyy5QJ9El




More like the other guys Biitch
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #14150
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
If your plan revolved around Benjamin, you had issues to begin with.
I had both guys on a keeper team.

Benjamin could have been a stud this year.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Denver Broncos