The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #1926
razorwire77
Great week of practice!!!

Leader of Men

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
What a disaster this off-season will wind up being if Peyton spurns us. I wonder how EFX will react. Spending spree on D to cover the stink?

Just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't sign a Henne/Campbell type QB. I have no clue why you would pay over a mil a year for guaranteed ****.
Could be a disaster, but at least Elway and co. are finely coming clean with their true feelings about Tebow's long term future with the team. They're going to bring in "their guy" whoever that is and will be judged accordingly.

No more bitter beer face golf claps in the pressbox or paper thin endorsements of Tebow.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #1927
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Kent Babb ‏ @kentbabb
A source told ESPN, according to that report, that the belief is that "Manning is leaning toward Denver."
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #1928
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Ride or Die, Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chubb

Quote:
I guess he and wishenhunt (sp) are friends? Honestly, other than it being warm, i dont see what possible advantage they have to Denver. I think the Broncos really are an ideal fit for him.
I read somewhere he likes that they play in a dome.
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #1929
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBronco View Post
I read somewhere he likes that they play in a dome.
oh right, forgot about that. BUT the cards dont play on turf (dunno if that makes a diff to him)
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #1930
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Could be a disaster, but at least Elway and co. are finely coming clean with their true feelings about Tebow's long term future with the team. They're going to bring in "their guy" whoever that is and will be judged accordingly.

No more bitter beer face golf claps in the pressbox or paper thin endorsements of Tebow.
Yeah, but thats not what they'll do. They'll trade tebow and scramble for a replacement. I'll safely assume whoever "their guy" is will not be in reach. I strongly feel if Manning isn't the QB, Brandon Weeden will be our starting QB next year and we'll overpay for some mediocre veteran to "compete" with him, completely ignoring the philosophy that if you have two quarterbacks, you have none.

I think they really need to be all in on Manning. Money does talk, after all.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #1931
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
Just got some great info on #ManningWatch. Not time sensitive. Saving it for CBS4 at5. Tweet after.
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #1932
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
We go on the Indy plan. Trade Tebow to J'Ville, put Quinn in at QB, tank the whole season, and take Barkley #1 next year.
"Hey Brady, wanna sign on for a season and see what happens?"
Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #1933
Shananahan

Quote:
What a disaster this off-season will wind up being if Peyton spurns us. I wonder how EFX will react. Spending spree on D to cover the stink?

Just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't sign a Henne/Campbell type QB. I have no clue why you would pay over a mil a year for guaranteed ****.
The offseason just started and somehow the the media and the masses have you thinking it all depends on something none of us even envisioned two weeks ago.

Yep, total disaster.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #1934
ol#7

Quote:
Yeah, but thats not what they'll do. They'll trade tebow and scramble for a replacement. I'll safely assume whoever "their guy" is will not be in reach. I strongly feel if Manning isn't the QB, Brandon Weeden will be our starting QB next year and we'll overpay for some mediocre veteran to "compete" with him, completely ignoring the philosophy that if you have two quarterbacks, you have none.

I think they really need to be all in on Manning. Money does talk, after all.
Yeah, no matter what you think of Tebow, this organization has consistently given him a raw deal. The PM courtship is probably the last straw, and really who could blame him? Tebow thinks he will be a great NFL QB, that is what he gets up every day to do. He was a 1st round pick and won a playoff game as basically a rookie, in his mind, none of this is warranted.

For his sake, I do hope he lands in Jax and they build around him. Its obvious the FO has no intentions of doing that here. I guess there really was something to all that QB scouting during the regular season.

What they hell do they do if PM signs elsewhere though? Are we really about to run off back to back young 1st rnd QB's by chasing someone else?

Once again, better sign Manning. I didn't think we would, thought it was a pipe dream, but now that is the only way out of the corner we are painted into.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #1935
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
The offseason just started and somehow the the media and the masses have you thinking it all depends on something none of us even envisioned two weeks ago.

Yep, total disaster.
Well, considering we'd be starting over at the QB position, again, with not much out there...how would you describe it? A success?
Old 03-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #1936
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post

Yep, total disaster.
Come on, nobody seriously thought Denver would make a play for Manning. Everyone knew he would be available. Watching this play out has been surreal, and you can't think that Tebow just blows this off if Manning goes elsewhere. I see alot of people who don't care and think Henne or Campbell would be an upgrade anyway, but still, they sent out signals Tebow was the guy, then dangle the keys to the franchise in front of PM. If they don't get him, what were they thinking?
Old 03-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #1937
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Tebowites little sensitive feelings are hurt therefore they are convinced his feelings are also hurt.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #1938
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Tebowites little sensitive feelings are hurt therefore they are convinced his feelings are also hurt.
WTF does this even mean? Is that some kind of burn?

Any pro QB wouldnt take this well, which is why those Orange and Blue Cutler jerseys are worthless today.

But I guess by pointing that out I am now a Tebowite? McGruder is starting to get to you.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #1939
Agamemnon

Quote:
If Tebow isn't upset with what's happening he isn't a human being.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #1940
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Its a dick thing to do to any QB. Manning is an upgrade, but that does not make it ok with Tebow, Moore, Kolb or Sanchez.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #1941
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Signing Manning will be the biggest mistake this franchise has made since McDaniels. I just feel it in my gut. If we do end up signing him, I hope Im wrong. I just dont trust his health, and giving up on Tebows potential for this gamble doesnt feel right.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #1942
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Signing Manning will be the biggest mistake this franchise has made since McDaniels. I just feel it in my gut. If we do end up signing him, I hope Im wrong. I just dont trust his health, and giving up on Tebows potential for this gamble doesnt feel right.
You and I have the same exact feeling. It just feels like the final step towards us joining the Browns of the world...
Old 03-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #1943
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
WTF does this even mean? Is that some kind of burn?

Any pro QB wouldnt take this well, which is why those Orange and Blue Cutler jerseys are worthless today.

But I guess by pointing that out I am now a Tebowite? McGruder is starting to get to you.
If you don't agree with picking up a legend that may not ever get back to his great QB play, then you are called a tebowite...Epic isn't it...I completely see where you are coming from. I am first and foremost a Broncos fan, so I hope we get Manning and he is a stud. Anything else will be total failure for this franchise at this point. For those few who think that Tebow is OK with this...wake the F..U...K up...no human being in their right mind would be OK with this situation

Carry on with the Tebowite Shiat though....it never gets old
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #1944
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So if you were promised a shot at a great job and then your employers brought in somebody else that would be handed the job right from the get go completely disregarding all things you were told before you would be happy?
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #1945
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
61 pages. Holy ****.
Way past that now. I didnt open any threads from the last two or three days and cannot believe where this is currently at. I dont think Gutless Drunk thread made it this far and/or this fast.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #1946
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
If you don't agree with picking up a legend that may not ever get back to his great QB play, then you are called a tebowite...Epic isn't it...I completely see where you are coming from. I am first and foremost a Broncos fan, so I hope we get Manning and he is a stud. Anything else will be total failure for this franchise at this point. For those few who think that Tebow is OK with this...wake the F..U...K up...no human being in their right mind would be OK with this situation

Carry on with the Tebowite Shiat though....it never gets old
Yeah, that is how I see it. I personally thought Manning would never play again, so the fact we are going so hard for him, doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. The fact that were dragging our current QB through the mud in the process is just the way we roll around here I guess.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #1947
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
So if you were promised a shot at a great job and then your employers brought in somebody else that would be handed the job right from the get go completely disregarding all things you were told before you would be happy?
It happens everyday in the real world
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #1948
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

I just hope whatever happens, at this time next year we are saying...

Man, that Super Bowl win still is sweet!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #1949
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If Tebow isn't upset with what's happening he isn't a human being.
I wonder how Kolb is holding up.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #1950
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
Yeah, that is how I see it. I personally thought Manning would never play again, so the fact we are going so hard for him, doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. The fact that were dragging our current QB through the mud in the process is just the way we roll around here I guess.
This perspective makes you a Tebow fanatic clearly.