The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #51
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,048

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Did you guys see what Josh Allen and Mayfield did last week. I don't know why there is this crowd that has to say Swag couldn't do the same or better. Look at Mahomes ( SP ) It's only his second year and I think he only played a couple games last year. Times change. QB don't need to watch for 3 years before playing anymore.

Like I said before . Keenum gets us some wins here and there but never a SB.

We also see if we need to draft the QB of the future or have found ours already .
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #52
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 16,798

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Keenum physically couldn't throw the ball yesterday. Something is wrong.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #53
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Keenum physically couldn't throw the ball yesterday. Something is wrong.
Might be the knee. Might be that he can't throw a wet ball, but yes, he wasn't even looking downfield yesterday.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #54
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 16,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Get another top 5 pick and draft a QB.
Is there a 6'7" QB in next year's draft? Elway certainly has a type.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #55
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,146

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I am actually shocked that people here are so down on Keenum given the OM's historical pining for underdogs. Or do they have to be underdogs that we drafted? I need to know this distinction.
Year 2018

CMP% 61.1
YDS 743
TD 3
INT 5
Rating 71.6

QB Rank 31

Pretty much says it all.

I saw this is Pre-season and got flamed on because it was pre-season. Everyone said it was because of no game planning Blah Blah Blah but it's the same damn thing.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:01 AM   #56
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Year 2018

CMP% 61.1
YDS 743
TD 3
INT 5
Rating 71.6

QB Rank 31

Pretty much says it all.

I saw this is Pre-season and got flamed on because it was pre-season. Everyone said it was because of no game planning Blah Blah Blah but it's the same damn thing.
Totally, I mean...I really wish our QB hadn't committed all of those penalties yesterday. No way $wag would have!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:01 AM   #57
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I am actually shocked that people here are so down on Keenum given the OM's historical pining for underdogs. Or do they have to be underdogs that we drafted? I need to know this distinction.
I was dubious of him but he is likable and the training camp reports got me enthused about the whole thing. I have been very underwhelmed and it is not because of one loss. He had been pretty bad overall outside of a couple of 4th quarters. I don't know why people don't want to admit that. I understand that you would want to think that the QB thing has been "solved", but it doesn't look that way.

As an undersized physically limited guy I was told that he was smart, accurate and quick out with the ball. He has been none of those things. His ball placement has been atrocious even when completing passes.

I hope he gets better but, as a vet, he really shouildn't need a large learning curve.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:04 AM   #58
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
I was dubious of him but he is likable and the training camp reports got me enthused about the whole thing. I have been very underwhelmed and it is not because of one loss. He had been pretty bad overall outside of a couple of 4th quarters. I don't know why people don't want to admit that. I understand that you would want to think that the QB thing has been "solved", but it doesn't look that way.

As an undersized physically limited guy I was told that he was smart, accurate and quick out with the ball. He has been none of those things. His ball placement has been atrocious even when completing passes.

I hope he gets better but, as a vet, he really shouildn't need a large learning curve.
Agreed, with all of that. I just don't think QB is the issue in terms of yesterday is all. And mind you, I love Kelly and can't wait to see him play.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:08 AM   #59
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,146

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Totally, I mean...I really wish our QB hadn't committed all of those penalties yesterday. No way $wag would have!
Those are 3 games worth of stats and did you watch him play yesterday.

Great post though
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #60
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Those are 3 games worth of stats and did you watch him play yesterday.

Great post though
I am only talking about yesterday, we won the other 2. But as usual, great insight from you. You're as big of a moron sober as you are otherwise.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #61
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

I dont think Kelly plays unless Keenum gets hurt or the season takes a downward turn.

They've invested too much in him but it's clear he's not the answer and they need to see for better or worse if Kelly is it or not.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #62
BroncoFox
Cheervixen
 
BroncoFox's Avatar
 
If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
No matter what, they'll be someone who complains. Some people complained that Von Miller wasn't showing up enough in 2016. A year after he won us a super bowl nearly single-handedly.
Well.. those people were silly and few. Case until last year, hadn't proved anything. And even before we nabbed him, many thought he was just a product of the Vikings system, and not spectacular. They didn't make him an offer, nor ever said he was their guy even with the wins.

So Case honestly hasn't proved anything, not yet anyway. I think his chances last year were reduced, and so were his interceptions as a result. By plan? Was he told to dial it down for this reason? Now he is taking more chances, and making more mistakes.

I hope he breaks out next week and does amazing. He has yet to play a good game. He has had a few good drives in fourth quarters so far, that's it.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #63
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Keenum physically couldn't throw the ball yesterday. Something is wrong.
Itís gotta be his knee. That last duck to Butt was pathetic.
Perfect excuse to start Kelly.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:32 AM   #64
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
Well.. those people were silly and few. Case until last year, hadn't proved anything. And even before we nabbed him, many thought he was just a product of the Vikings system, and not spectacular. They didn't make him an offer, nor ever said he was their guy even with the wins.

So Case honestly hasn't proved anything, not yet anyway. I think his chances last year were reduced, and so were his interceptions as a result. By plan? Was he told to dial it down for this reason? Now he is taking more chances, and making more mistakes.

I hope he breaks out next week and does amazing. He has yet to play a good game. He has had a few good drives in fourth quarters so far, that's it.
I didn't want Keenum either because I failed to see the point. But I don't think he's as bad as people here are making him out to be. I think he's middle of the road. Which is fine if he's making 5 million and you surround him with more talent. But not at 18
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:34 AM   #65
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Itís gotta be his knee. That last duck to Butt was pathetic.
Perfect excuse to start Kelly.
It might be the knee, but I'd bet on him not being able to throw a wet ball. He doesn't have big hands and he looked tentative to throw it downfield (which he never has in the past).

but the annoying this...if he can't throw a wet ball and is severely compromised by that. Play Kelly if he can.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #66
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Is there a 6'7" QB in next year's draft? Elway certainly has a type.
6í6Ē Hebert ORE
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #67
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Herbert and Haskins are the best QB's in next draft, then there's Tua in 2020 but he's going #1 overall then.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:40 AM   #68
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,146

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I didn't want Keenum either because I failed to see the point. But I don't think he's as bad as people here are making him out to be. I think he's middle of the road. Which is fine if he's making 5 million and you surround him with more talent. But not at 18


Middle of the road is not OK> You don't win super bowls with middle of the road. We don't have a team for that anymore.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #69
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Herbert and Haskins are the best QB's in next draft, then there's Tua in 2020 but he's going #1 overall then.
Man, I hope Kelly pans out but if not, i would rather stockpile picks and get Tua.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #70
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,317
Default

No way VJ puts Chad in ,basically a rookie , with his job on the line.
These threads have no thought behind them.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:44 AM   #71
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Man, I hope Kelly pans out but if not, i would rather stockpile picks and get Tua.
Tua passes every eye test. Throws great downfield, hits receivers in stride, doesnt stare off receivers. Cannon of an arm. He's just special.

But we need to see what Kelly is made of before taking a QB. Sure it may be preseason fluff, but QB's get better by playing.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #72
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
No way VJ puts Chad in ,basically a rookie , with his job on the line.
These threads have no thought behind them.
I dont think anyone expects it, but for a long-term standpoint, the team needs to see what he can do.

Only way Kelly starts is if Keenum gets hurt.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #73
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Tua passes every eye test. Throws great downfield, hits receivers in stride, doesnt stare off receivers. Cannon of an arm. He's just special.

But we need to see what Kelly is made of before taking a QB. Sure it may be preseason fluff, but QB's get better by playing.
I don't like lefties
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:57 AM   #74
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't like lefties
I know. But every time I watch him Iím not caring anymore about it.
Heís really good. The guy is a Russell Wilson clone.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #75
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Middle of the road is not OK> You don't win super bowls with middle of the road. We don't have a team for that anymore.
When did I say "middle of the road" was ok?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Denver Broncos