The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #51
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Bengals would be the team to risk it.
Yeah. Why do you think I'm drafting him, Ogletree and trading for Alphonso Punch-A-Cop Dennard?

I want hardcore players who have addiction problems and are hard in the hood and ghetto.

that means i am totally drafting matt barklie
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #52
SlyEli

Didn't the bengals just pick Kirkpatrick in the first round last year? Plus they have Leon Hall and Nate Clements.

Right now my dream scenario is Te'o/Tavon Austin in the first, mathieu/leveon bell in the second and third.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #53
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I could definitely live with: Te'o – Mathieu - Montee Ball
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #54
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win View Post
I could definitely live with: Te'o – Mathieu - Montee Ball
I dunno but MAYBE Te'o,FS, Ball, and Mathieu!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #55
SlyEli

I don't see the broncos picking ball... I think they want a bigger back to pair with hillman
Old 02-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #56
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
Didn't the bengals just pick Kirkpatrick in the first round last year? Plus they have Leon Hall and Nate Clements.

Right now my dream scenario is Te'o/Tavon Austin in the first, mathieu/leveon bell in the second and third.
This is Clements' final year on his contract. It was two years. He is 33.

Terrance Newman is 34 and in the final year of his deal.

Hall is a good corner.

Kirkpatrick did nothing this year and spent a lot of time on IR.

I'm not sure, but I think Pac Man jones is a FA.

So essentially it's Hall and Kirkpatrick (who I loved) going forward. Corner is a huge need for them. DB is big time.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #57
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

He is undersized and will struggle to match up on number 1 WRs, he is quick and a fluid mover but with how weak his upper body is he will be little more than a speed bump to guys like Thomas or Brandon Marshall. Best case scenario is that he plays the RCB position, but realistically he ends up as a nickel corner.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #58
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I don't understand all this talk of him being drafted in the first round. He was NEVER projected to be a 1st round pick.
He's small, isn't necessarily a burner in terms of speed. Everything I've read projects him to be a slot corner/special teamer, you don't take one of those in the 1st round.
Earliest I would touch him is in the 3rd round.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #59
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He is undersized and will struggle to match up on number 1 WRs, he is quick and a fluid mover but with how weak his upper body is he will be little more than a speed bump to guys like Thomas or Brandon Marshall. Best case scenario is that he plays the RCB position, but realistically he ends up as a nickel corner.
Because he's not arguably the best tackling corner in the draft or anything...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #60
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I don't understand all this talk of him being drafted in the first round. He was NEVER projected to be a 1st round pick.
He's small, isn't necessarily a burner in terms of speed. Everything I've read projects him to be a slot corner/special teamer, you don't take one of those in the 1st round.
If he didn't have the character concerns I think his off-the-chart playmaking ability would get him into the 1st round. But he does have major character concerns so a team using anything more than a 3rd rounder is really gambling.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #61
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I dunno but MAYBE Te'o,FS, Ball, and Mathieu!
That would work too!
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #62
DENVERDUI55

Who cares if it is pot or not because either way he will get busted again and miss some games. He is worthless when gets suspended to the team that took him.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #63
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Mayock said it best with character red flag guys, they clean it up for the draft (most of the time) and usually do ok the first year (except Janoris Jenkins getting suspended last year by his own team). It's years 2-3 where they lose control and screw their teams.

I want to like this kid, I really do. He is a playmaker at CB and returner. I just have to detach myself from his skill. Damn he can play, he really can. But no way can I legitimately draft this Kid. Way too many Good players who can help right away available in this draft.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #64
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I hope you are attempting to be sarcastic here. Dude was a hiesman finalist as an undersized corner if you thought for a second he would have been anything other than a first round pick you are high. Now if you are asserting that since he missed a year of football and that the off the field stuff is keeping him from the first round then I agree but before he went awol he was a LOCK to be a high first round pick.
nickademus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: