The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #126
Targaryen
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

lololololol

Keep your moon bat lunatic fringe conspiracy theories coming. The butthurt is so real
Targaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #127
Cito Pelon
No playoff game not happy

Original Wardrobe Malfunction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I see a clear pattern of behavior that didn't stop even after they were caught the first time. Is the blame on the league owners for deluding themselves into believing it was handled, or on the cheaters who refused to alter their culture of cheating? If this kind of behavior is league-wide, then why were the Broncos so shocked to discover their Pat's transplant, Josh McDaniels, engaging in the behavior against the Niners, for which Bowlen fired him?

Sure, the owners want it to go away, for the sole reason that the scandal negatively impacts their cash flow, and the reputation of the league. Perhaps this new story going public will lead them to determine that enough is enough, and the hammer must come down.

I just wish Bowlen was capable of taking part in this.
I see a clear pattern of behavior from the Pats also. But again, the pattern was supposedly obvious from 2001-2005, the article says A former member of the NFL competition committee says the committee spent much of 2001-06 "discussing ways in which the Patriots cheated," .

WTH? The owners wanted it to go away, but waited passively for seven seasons while the Patriots were kicking butt on the League, winning three Lombardis, Div Titles and playoff games?

They must love their revenue a lot more than they covet Titles. Wasn't Bowlen a member of the Competition Committee? Why not put their foot on the jugular from 2001-2006? Was Tagliabue in Kraft's pocket also?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #128
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Pats troll pretending that watching an opponent during a game is the same as videotaping an opponent before a game. The efforts to keep up the denial are strong with this one.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #129
TonyR
Franchise Poster

As we speak Pats troll is busy googling for more info in desperate attempt to support his delusion.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #130
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I see a clear pattern of behavior from the Pats also. But again, the pattern was supposedly obvious from 2001-2005, the article says A former member of the NFL competition committee says the committee spent much of 2001-06 "discussing ways in which the Patriots cheated," .

WTH? The owners wanted it to go away, but waited passively for seven seasons while the Patriots were kicking butt on the League, winning three Lombardis, Div Titles and playoff games?

They must love their revenue a lot more than they covet Titles. Wasn't Bowlen a member of the Competition Committee? Why not put their foot on the jugular from 2001-2006? Was Tagliabue in Kraft's pocket also?
We know little of what goes on between the owners at their meetings. Like the article states, Kraft is a big part of league revenue. Which owners are more motivated by wealth than titles? I don't know the answer to that question.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #131
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Pats troll pretending that watching an opponent during a game is the same as videotaping an opponent before a game. The efforts to keep up the denial are strong with this one.
Defenses don't plug their ears when Brady audibles, therefore the whole league cheats.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #132
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Not just illegally videotaping, but having a guy on staff who locks himself in a room and studies the videos and then relays info to the coaches from a skybooth during games. Yeah, same thing as binoculars.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #133
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targaryen View Post

lololololol

Keep your moon bat lunatic fringe conspiracy theories coming. The butthurt is so real
I don't think there is a rule about reading lips. There are rules about where you can film from, breaking into other lockerrooms, stealing radio communications, etc.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #134
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I encourage making fun of the trolls, but discourage quoting the trolls. Seeing troll posts once is enough.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #135
BroncsCheer
Scrappy, cerebral poster

There is no dark side on the moon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Our continuance to sink our money into this sport shows that, we the fans, really don't give a flying ****.
I don't spend a red penny on the NFL

don't pay to watch
never go to games
don't own any merch

**** 'em
BroncsCheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #136
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Someone's gettin slapped around in here. Lmao at his "comparison".
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #137
Cito Pelon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Cito, the Pats have been penalized for cheating more than once (see below). It's not like it's been totally ignored. The owners don't push it more because it's a fraternity and they don't want to tarnish their bread and butter. To most of these guys money is by far the most important thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_N...ng_controversy

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...land/27583829/

Let's stop pretending they didn't get serious penalties for serious violations. Many just don't think the penalties were enough, and I'd tend to agree with them.
I guess so. They had ample opportunities to address the cheating allegations through the Competition Committee from 2001-2006. Pretty disgusting they didn't address it then while the Patriots were kicking butt left and right.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #138
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

lololololol

You do not see a difference between trying to decode that during a game and having them all mapped out and coincided with video and picture evidence ahead of time? Of course you do not.

But by all means keep up with the moon bat and laser beams schtik. As I said earlier, your team is burning. It is happening right before your eyes. You acting like a dumb fool, or maybe its not an act, only makes things all the better for us. Burn baby burn. Burn burn burn.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #139
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

The funniest part about this whole thread is Pats fan feverishly googling any dirt on the Broncos. Then finding the worst cheating incident the Broncos had was done by a Patriots coach who referred to filming SF as "the norm" in NE.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #140
Cito Pelon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
We know little of what goes on between the owners at their meetings. Like the article states, Kraft is a big part of league revenue. Which owners are more motivated by wealth than titles? I don't know the answer to that question.
Tagliabue's name was never mentioned in this ESPN article, but he was the commish until Sept 2006. Odd, since the article covers the years 2001-2005 often, yet Tagliabue is not mentioned.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #141
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
The funniest part about this whole thread is Pats fan feverishly googling any dirt on the Broncos. Then finding the worst cheating incident the Broncos had was done by a Patriots coach who referred to filming SF as "the norm" in NE.
The lulz to had in this thread...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #142
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Actually the only clear patterns have been patterns of the Patriots winning and patterns of the haters insulting their own intelligence by piling one ridiculous conspiracy theory on top of another, then calling it a "pattern"
Your family has a pattern, too. It's called incest. You're so messed up that you don't consider it cheating on your sister when you bone your mom, because that's the Patriot Way. Please, we're begging you- stop filling up the trailer parks with your uncle-cousins and sister-mommas and go get vasectomies.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:17 PM   #143
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
An NFL official controls when the headsets are cut off. Let's keep things factual.

Facts are the Pats push the rulebook to its limits, and in the case of Spygate, blatantly ignored the "no videoing on the SIDELINE" rule (which is a joke of a rule since anybody can video from the stands or from a booth - pretty easy and probably common among NFL teams).

They got caught, they paid a price, not enough of a price according to most.

I always come back to the other owners not standing up as a group and standing up for their rights if they were so worried about it.

Hell, the Pats won the Lombardi in '02, '04, '05, Div Titles every year, winning playoff games. But the other owners just passively let Goodell and Kraft run roughshod over their hopes by colluding to get the golden franchise on podiums all the time?

I'm astounded there wasn't more active kicking and screaming by the other owners.
Cito logic on display....

Yeah, you're not going to be allowed to videotape from the stands (NFL licensing agreements).

Especially with the equipment they were using. "Hey buddy, would you mind putting that 50 lb camera down for a moment so I can see the next play?" It also would prohibit them from quickly using such footage, which they have acknowledged happened (aka halftime adjustments).
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #144
Targaryen
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
One other thing I noticed was that Goodell himself was on ESPN this morning denying that the league ever ordered the Patriots to fire or suspend the Deflator squad.

Apparently the team made that move on their own.

Why did the Pats suspend them?

Luvva? Targaryen sister ****er? Anyone?
If you read Judge Berman's verdict you would have seen in black-and-white that the NFL did in fact order their suspension and they aren't allowed back without NFL approval.

Another Roger Goodell lie for the haters to masturbate over.
Targaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #145
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
At the cost of Div Titles, Conference Championships, Lombardis? The owners prefer to let one franchise kick butt through cheating?

Good ol' boy Tagliabue was the commish til 2006 and the rumors and competition committee discussions were supposedly rampant from 2001-2005 so how does that fit in? I don't know, you tell me.

All I know is the Pats got nailed for blatantly ignoring the directive to stop SIDELINE videotaping. I bet they still video everything they can from the stands or a booth, and I bet every other team does also. If they don't, they're pretty stupid. It's worth trying - that's what scouts are for.
STOP SAYING THIS.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #146
Cito Pelon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
You do not see a difference between trying to decode that during a game and having them all mapped out and coincided with video and picture evidence ahead of time? Of course you do not.

But by all means keep up with the moon bat and laser beams schtik. As I said earlier, your team is burning. It is happening right before your eyes. You acting like a dumb fool, or maybe its not an act, only makes things all the better for us. Burn baby burn. Burn burn burn.
Actually there isn't much difference. I bet Shanahan had someone trying to correlate ingame signals from tapes of previous Patriot games and even practices trying to match taped signals to game signals. Shanahan was a smart dude, and smart coaches and organizations absolutely would do that.

Within the rules of course. The rule about videotaping only applies to SIDELINE videotaping, don't you guys get that yet?

Let me repeat - the rule about videotaping only applies to SIDELINE videotaping.

Videotaping from anywhere else is fine. Any team that doesn't make an attempt to steal signals is one duuuuuuumb team.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #147
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I haven't taken their regime, their "accomplishments", or their fans seriously for quite some time.

I suggest you guys do the same.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #148
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

I suggest Cito buy a ticket and try to take a professional video camera into the stands to film.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #149
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Really? You think it's "intriguing?"

You think it's a coincidence that on the very same day Roger Goodell goes on Mike&MIke, the NFL's lapdog ESPN comes out with this gibberish, on the very same day the NFL's other lapdog, SI, comes out with a lengthy piece about Patriots sneaking into locker rooms and jamming radio signals?

lol

Are we this inexperienced with blatant propaganda?

Keep licking those Roger Goodell boots. Your heroes in the league office are corrupt, lying scoundrels.

You lunatic fringe conspiracy theorist types make me laugh
You seem an expert on coincidence unless it applies to the Cheatriots.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #150
maggnus
Pro Bowler

maggnus is offline   Reply With Quote