The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #101
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I love how the Pats PR guy brags about how awesome and wonderful the owner and QB are as main points supporting the denial. "The Patriots didn't cheat because Tom is terrific and Robert Kraft is rich. Kneel before us and apologize. We promise not to videotape it."
That Pats statement pretty much sums up why every other fanbase loathes them and why the NFL would be better off if they were disbanded and never spoken of again. As an organization they are basically the Lance Armstrong of the NFL. Cheaters, manipulators, and pathological liars.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #102
TonyR
Franchise Poster

"It's totally a coincidence that one of our people went to another team (the Denver Broncos) and got caught doing the same thing we allegedly do! We brought him back and hope he does a better job of not getting caught here!"
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #103
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
An NFL official controls when the headsets are cut off. Let's keep things factual.

Facts are the Pats push the rulebook to its limits, and in the case of Spygate, blatantly ignored the "no videoing on the SIDELINE" rule (which is a joke of a rule since anybody can video from the stands or from a booth - pretty easy and probably common among NFL teams).

They got caught, they paid a price, not enough of a price according to most.

I always come back to the other owners not standing up as a group and standing up for their rights if they were so worried about it.

Hell, the Pats won the Lombardi in '02, '04, '05, Div Titles every year, winning playoff games. But the other owners just passively let Goodell and Kraft run roughshod over their hopes by colluding to get the golden franchise on podiums all the time?

I'm astounded there wasn't more active kicking and screaming by the other owners.
You disgust me.

Also, it would not be difficult to interfere with opposing team signals in your stadium. Radio frequencies. Look it up.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #104
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
An NFL official controls when the headsets are cut off. Let's keep things factual.

Facts are the Pats push the rulebook to its limits, and in the case of Spygate, blatantly ignored the "no videoing on the SIDELINE" rule (which is a joke of a rule since anybody can video from the stands or from a booth - pretty easy and probably common among NFL teams).

They got caught, they paid a price, not enough of a price according to most.

I always come back to the other owners not standing up as a group and standing up for their rights if they were so worried about it.

Hell, the Pats won the Lombardi in '02, '04, '05, Div Titles every year, winning playoff games. But the other owners just passively let Goodell and Kraft run roughshod over their hopes by colluding to get the golden franchise on podiums all the time?

I'm astounded there wasn't more active kicking and screaming by the other owners.
It's mentioned in the article. The owners expected the commissioner to take care of it "in house" and not hurt the NFL brand which would effect them all. Now, they have discovered that Kraft and Goodell probably colluded. Perhaps this ESPN article is the signal that the "kicking and screaming" has begun?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #105
Cito Pelon
No playoff game not happy

Original Wardrobe Malfunction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
"Everybody else cheats, too! We're just better at it, do it to a further extent, do it more often, and keep doing it even after we get caught and are told not to do it anymore! Nothing to see here!"
Pretty much. Let's not pretend every other team didn't steal signs and try to correlate them to a gameday advantage. The Pats were more sophisticated, and damn sure got busted trying to arrogantly continue it.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #106
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The league might turn on them now since they challenged the Deflategate. I feel they gave the Pats a light slap on the wrist for the wallets of all the owners. They swept the spygate under the rug really.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #107
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?

Super Bowl 50 Champs

The gauntlet has been thrown
Calling the Cheaters out for what they are
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #108
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Pretty much. Let's not pretend every other team didn't steal signs and try to correlate them to a gameday advantage. The Pats were more sophisticated, and damn sure got busted trying to arrogantly continue it.
Other teams haven't been busted for it (aside from us when we had a former Pats coach here), so I really want to know where the proof is for such claims.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #109
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The owners expected the commissioner to take care of it "in house" and not hurt the NFL brand which would effect them all.
Apparently it's news to some people that these guys have hundreds of millions of dollars invested in the NFL brand, something they'd prefer increases in value.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #110
NYBroncoManiac
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targaryen View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_NT2LdlIkM

John Madden explaining on air in a 1992 game how all teams video tape signal callers.

You guys are just whiners and nothing else.

They hate us cuz they ain't us
Seriously the dumbest thing ever said or written. First of all, if the "us" you're talking about is you and fans like you, then the statement just "ain't" true. I don't want to be you, so that's not why I "hate" you.

If you are somehow saying we hate all Patriots fans because we "ain't" Patriots fans, then you're delusional again. I'm a Broncos fan. I have absolutely no desire to be a fan of the Patriots.

If, on the other hand, you're actually a member of the Patriots organization, as far as I'm concerned, the Team is a bunch of losers, not because they lost, and not because they couldn't possibly have won without cheating, but because they had so little respect for themselves as a team, they felt it was necessary to cheat, although. it may be possible they feel "entitled" to cheat because they're so, you know, great. So, that's where the hate comes from.
NYBroncoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #111
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?

Super Bowl 50 Champs

"Were on to ring #5, and cheating scandal #17"
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #112
Targaryen
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Your tears are delicious.
Targaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:50 PM   #113
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

how nice of bill simmons to join our board today
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #114
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targaryen View Post
Your tears are delicious.
So are yours.

You care so little for our opinion that you constantly come here to defend your cheating team for cheating when they've been caught again and again.

Pathetic.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #115
Cito Pelon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's mentioned in the article. The owners expected the commissioner to take care of it "in house" and not hurt the NFL brand which would effect them all. Now, they have discovered that Kraft and Goodell probably colluded. Perhaps this ESPN article is the signal that the "kicking and screaming" has begun?
Paul Tagliabue was the commish until Sept, 2006. Why didn't the owners pressure Tag? Just weird how with all the rumors and accusations, it was swept under the rug so to speak. Especially considering NE was kicking ass year after year.

All this about sneaking into locker rooms and hotel rooms, that's easy to correct Security 101. Cheapass owners didn't want to pay a guy to sit in the lockerroom? Dumbasses didn't secure the playbooks/playsheets? Please.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #116
BroncosSR
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #117
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I never thought that deflating footballs by itself was a big deal. I thought that the bigger issue is what are they doing that we don't know about? I view deflating footballs as one of many cons that they are running, and they are probably doing stuff that has a much greater impact on the game that we haven't found out about. They have a cheating culture.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #118
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

The spiral continues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.6 KB, 260 views)
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #119
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Cito, the Pats have been penalized for cheating more than once (see below). It's not like it's been totally ignored. The owners don't push it more because it's a fraternity and they don't want to tarnish their bread and butter. To most of these guys money is by far the most important thing.

Quote:
On September 13, for the "use of equipment to videotape an opposing teamís offensive or defensive signals,"[3] Belichick was officially fined $500,000 ó the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's then-87-year history,[16] and the maximum permitted under league rules. The Patriots were also fined $250,000, and stripped of their first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_N...ng_controversy

Quote:
The team will accept its $1 million fine and two lost draft picks, including a first-rounder in 2016.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...land/27583829/

Let's stop pretending they didn't get serious penalties for serious violations. Many just don't think the penalties were enough, and I'd tend to agree with them.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #120
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Paul Tagliabue was the commish until Sept, 2006. Why didn't the owners pressure Tag? Just weird how with all the rumors and accusations, it was swept under the rug so to speak. Especially considering NE was kicking ass year after year.

All this about sneaking into locker rooms and hotel rooms, that's easy to correct Security 101. Cheapass owners didn't want to pay a guy to sit in the lockerroom? Dumbasses didn't secure the playbooks/playsheets? Please.
I see a clear pattern of behavior that didn't stop even after they were caught the first time. Is the blame on the league owners for deluding themselves into believing it was handled, or on the cheaters who refused to alter their culture of cheating? If this kind of behavior is league-wide, then why were the Broncos so shocked to discover their Pat's transplant, Josh McDaniels, engaging in the behavior against the Niners, for which Bowlen fired him?

Sure, the owners want it to go away, for the sole reason that the scandal negatively impacts their cash flow, and the reputation of the league. Perhaps this new story going public will lead them to determine that enough is enough, and the hammer must come down.

I just wish Bowlen was capable of taking part in this.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 09-08-2015 at 01:12 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #121
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They basically hired themselves a play signal Rainman to try to know what their opponents were going to do. Once you go there, there's not much left you'd be unwilling to do.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:12 PM   #122
Cito Pelon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Apparently it's news to some people that these guys have hundreds of millions of dollars invested in the NFL brand, something they'd prefer increases in value.
At the cost of Div Titles, Conference Championships, Lombardis? The owners prefer to let one franchise kick butt through cheating?

Good ol' boy Tagliabue was the commish til 2006 and the rumors and competition committee discussions were supposedly rampant from 2001-2005 so how does that fit in? I don't know, you tell me.

All I know is the Pats got nailed for blatantly ignoring the directive to stop SIDELINE videotaping. I bet they still video everything they can from the stands or a booth, and I bet every other team does also. If they don't, they're pretty stupid. It's worth trying - that's what scouts are for.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:13 PM   #123
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Cito, the Pats have been penalized for cheating more than once (see below). It's not like it's been totally ignored. The owners don't push it more because it's a fraternity and they don't want to tarnish their bread and butter. To most of these guys money is by far the most important thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_N...ng_controversy

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...land/27583829/

Let's stop pretending they didn't get serious penalties for serious violations. Many just don't think the penalties were enough, and I'd tend to agree with them.
The Patriots are the NFL version of PEDs that baseball lived through.

I think in due time, we will discover more about the Patriots and cheating, this article leading the way.

I believe Goodell is finished and the so will be the current method of determining disciplinary action.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #124
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You disgust me.

Also, it would not be difficult to interfere with opposing team signals in your stadium. Radio frequencies. Look it up.
They didn't use the "official" headset, they were smart enough to get their own burner headsers.

hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #125
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

One other thing I noticed was that Goodell himself was on ESPN this morning denying that the league ever ordered the Patriots to fire or suspend the Deflator squad.

Apparently the team made that move on their own.

Why did the Pats suspend them?

Luvva? Targaryen sister ****er? Anyone?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote