The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2018, 05:46 PM   #26
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Lost one, gained another. I guess today is a good day!
swaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #27
Mecklomaniac
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin

Team Shannahan or McDummy?

Tebow first ballot hall of fame?

Do you know any girls from Myrtle Beach?

Is Sloter the next Elway?

Freeman will break off _______ yards in our system?
Mecklomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #28
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Most heinous
Attached Images

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #29
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Most heinous

You just blew my mind.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #30
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
W
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #31
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Most heinous
Haha the timing is definitely suspect, at the least
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:12 PM   #32
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Most heinous
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:34 PM   #33
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

welcome awhored
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:43 PM   #34
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

welcome

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #35
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

Ever been to Myrtle Beach?
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:41 PM   #36
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobmic View Post
Greetings OrangeMane -
I've been lurking for a very long time. My history says I joined in 2009 and have a total of 5 posts to date. Can't remember the last post I made, but reading another thread about someone leaving the fan base got me to shake the dust off the keyboard.

Disclaimer. I grew up in the 70's in Detroit and the 80's in Spokane/Seattle. Being a Seahawks fan for most of my teenage and young adult years, there was only one team I hated more than the Raiders - and that was the Broncos. I was so sick of watching Elway come into the KingDome in Seattle and torch us year after year (back in the old AFC West days).

As it turns out, I moved to Denver in the early 90's. I tried holding on to my Seattle fandom - I really did. But it lasted one or two weeks into the regular season of my first year in Denver. I remember watching Elway roll out to his right at his own 40, fling the ball across the field hitting some receiver at the 5 who catches it in stride. I distinctly remember thinking, WHY SHOULD I KEEP ROOTING AGAINST THIS GUY Whether it was simply a "if you can't beat em, join em" thing, or simply a recognition of true greatness (remember, I grew up with Eric Hipple, Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg, etc.) - I completely abandoned the Seahawks and became a Bronco faithful - a marriage that has continued now for 27 years.

I bleed Orange and Blue. Having moved out of Denver back in the late 90's,I have been stuck without a fanbase around me. Yet, my fandom has never wavered. I type this from my Bronco-filled mancave. It's time for me to get on board with the Orange Mane.

Looking forward to posting.

Some quick hits:
1) Can't stand VJ's pressers or "presence" on the sidelines. I think a huge component of being a head coach is command presence. He may have it in the locker room (questionable), but he doesn't have it in his pressers or the sidelines. I really want to like him and get behind our coach, but he makes it hard.
2) Worried about Roby. Want to see more consistency.
3) More worried about a lack of attention this offseason on personnel to cover RB's out of the backfield and covering the middle of the field in general. Not sure if we are going to be able to stop those wounds from last year from reopening.
4) Supremely worried about an injury to Keenum. While we can debate whether he is mediocre, good, or possibly great - there is NO debate that if we lose him for anything more than 2 weeks, we lose the season.

Good to be posting...
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #37
D.B.
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendReturns View Post
I have a close friend who teaches at a very prestigious university and does word/linguistic analysis for a side job/hobby. She usually gives "expert testimony" in criminal cases and stuff like that. So cool!

Anyways... I showed this to her and the "Cold City" retires thread and said nothing... first thing she says is... "this is Cold City"

LOFL
I had posted on the CC thread it was unabomber like manifesto and perfect for a profiler case study.
D.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:38 AM   #38
BroncoBuff

Quote:
I distinctly remember thinking, WHY SHOULD I KEEP ROOTING AGAINST THIS GUY Whether it was simply a "if you can't beat em, join em" thing, or simply a recognition of true greatness (remember, I grew up with Eric Hipple, Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg, etc.)
Good call ... and why not? Why fight it? It's not like you're a traitor to your country or anything, people should just follow their instincts and be happy.

We get a steady stream of cheifs fans in here, you can spot 'em a mile away. Symptoms of their 'achievement-deficiency syndrome' are the same as scurvy - Vitamin C deficiency. They stagger in, joints all stiff, gums bleeding, mumble-gushing some staccato bravado about 'next year, next year.' The latest guy - Zerovoltage or whatever, he's got Mahomes in the Hall of Fame and Elway on the unemployment line ... Sometimes I tell these guys 'stop torturing yourself,' we got plenty of oranges here to cure that scurvy, and if not us, pick another team ... no sin giving up on a snakebit franchise.

Seattle's another story though ... we've been up here 12-14 years, and though I'd never budge on my Broncos, the Seahawks are a fun team. They've been so good - 3 Super Bowls in 11 years, and they shouldda won all 3 (refs stole one vs Steelers; Int at the goal line gave away another)... but they make everybody happy. Until this year. Roster's been decimated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMan
Can't stand VJ's pressers or "presence" on the sidelines. I think a huge component of being a head coach is command presence. He may have it in the locker room (questionable), but he doesn't have it in his pressers or the sidelines.

Worried about Roby. Want to see more consistency.

Yeah, I don't get VJ either, not one bit. What does John see in him? His entire makeup and personality seem wrong for a head coach.

Agree on Roby too ... he's gonna be good, but everybody's heaping "good" on his rep too soon. That NFL Network guy - rates the Top 9 CBs every week ... couple-three times in 2016-17 he had Roby in here, smetimes with Talib and Harris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobmic
Supremely worried about an injury to Keenum. While we can debate whether he is mediocre, good, or possibly great - there is NO debate that if we lose him for anything more than 2 weeks, we lose the season.
Ahh, you just blew your cover as a new guy! Couple months here and you'll be yelling for Chad Swag to start .... you'll see.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:01 AM   #39
Arobmic
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Good call ... and why not? Why fight it? It's not like you're a traitor to your country or anything, people should just follow their instincts and be happy.

We get a steady stream of cheifs fans in here, you can spot 'em a mile away. Symptoms of their 'achievement-deficiency syndrome' are the same as scurvy - Vitamin C deficiency. They stagger in, joints all stiff, gums bleeding, mumble-gushing some staccato bravado about 'next year, next year.' The latest guy - Zerovoltage or whatever, he's got Mahomes in the Hall of Fame and Elway on the unemployment line ... Sometimes I tell these guys 'stop torturing yourself,' we got plenty of oranges here to cure that scurvy, and if not us, pick another team ... no sin giving up on a snakebit franchise.

Seattle's another story though ... we've been up here 12-14 years, and though I'd never budge on my Broncos, the Seahawks are a fun team. They've been so good - 3 Super Bowls in 11 years, and they shouldda won all 3 (refs stole one vs Steelers; Int at the goal line gave away another)... but they make everybody happy. Until this year. Roster's been decimated.

Yeah, I don't get VJ either, not one bit. What does John see in him? His entire makeup and personality seem wrong for a head coach.

Agree on Roby too ... he's gonna be good, but everybody's heaping "good" on his rep too soon. That NFL Network guy - rates the Top 9 CBs every week ... couple-three times in 2016-17 he had Roby in here, smetimes with Talib and Harris.

Ahh, you just blew your cover as a new guy! Couple months here and you'll be yelling for Chad Swag to start .... you'll see.
Lol! I was in Seattle for the lean years. Our biggest highlights were Dave Krieg's incessant fumbling, Dan McGwire's tallness mixed with incompetence, and Curt Warner getting hurt way too soon.

I'm a fan of Chad Kelly, but want to see him do it against 2's at least, not to mention 1's before I relax about an injury to Case.

I'm a huge believer that leadership is mostly psychological makeup as long as you are coming in above average in technique/skill. You don't need to be great in skill to be a leader...just good enough. This team needs just good enough at the QB, but a non-negotiable in my book is solid leadership. Even when Siemian was throwing for 300 yards and multiple TD's against the Bengals, we still didn't have command presence with him.
Arobmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #40
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

In Elway I Trust

Quote:

Some quick hits:
1) Can't stand VJ's pressers or "presence" on the sidelines. I think a huge component of being a head coach is command presence. He may have it in the locker room (questionable), but he doesn't have it in his pressers or the sidelines. I really want to like him and get behind our coach, but he makes it hard.
2) Worried about Roby. Want to see more consistency.
3) More worried about a lack of attention this offseason on personnel to cover RB's out of the backfield and covering the middle of the field in general. Not sure if we are going to be able to stop those wounds from last year from reopening.
4) Supremely worried about an injury to Keenum. While we can debate whether he is mediocre, good, or possibly great - there is NO debate that if we lose him for anything more than 2 weeks, we lose the season.

Good to be posting...
spot on, I agree 100%. Thx for posting!
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #41
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Lost one, gained another. I guess today is a good day!
It's a true WINLOSS!!!!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote