The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2018, 12:10 AM   #151
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverBroncoFan View Post
What value is that? Another landing ground for the worlds excess liquidity need not apply....
Triple entry ledger. The value of cryptocurrency vs. a standard greenback is the built in ledger. It can do tricks that dollars could never hope to do. Automation is the future, and dollar bills aren't invited to the party.

Quote:
The tech bubble of the late 90's was at least partially good, insofar as it financed the build out of an enormous fiber network and semiconductor manufacturing capacity (not to mention massive R&D budgets).

"crypto" could be gone tomorrow and 99.9% of people wouldn't notice or care. Take away the internet and people would probably notice.
Nonsense. This is dinosaur talk of the people who said things like "nobody will want a computer in their house." Yes. Crypto could be gone tomorrow and the majority of people who don't know or understand the technology wouldn't miss it. That's not a big revelation. That's like saying the Internet could disappear in 1992 and no one would miss it. But eliminate the Internet in 1999, and people would freak out.

Cryptocurrencies are not going away any more than the Internet went away. And just like the Internet, every business will eventually want to have their own blockchain and their own currencies. You already have a form of this with things like Safeway Rewards cards. They'll pull the same thing - grocery stores will adopt currencies and give customers big discounts for using them in store, and they will be able to build hyper accurate real-time analytical models that ensure they operate the most profitable, customer-friendly businesses possible.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:53 AM   #152
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
what is stopping people from cashing out?

I swear some people are just retarded.
I was responding to the post above that stated you canít convert to cash.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:09 AM   #153
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

They need to solve the hackability of transfer sites and wallets and they need have a better standard for minimizing value manipulation. There are too many groups out there right now manipulating the value of different crypto currencies by buying and selling from themselves. The only long term solution is to have a currency so big that any trade an individual or group can make is going to be entirely irrelevant to the value.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:12 AM   #154
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Watch out for the bottom and HODL your stashes, fellow cryptoers.

Gonna be some good deals after this dip.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #155
Meck77

Ok "easy money" Shane flaco. What's your call? Where is the price of btc heading from here. Higher highs or lower lows? Anybody's guess? About the same as the Broncos!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:38 AM   #156
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow, looks like all you folks that thought they were smarter than Warren Buffet were totally correct! Bitcoin is trading at record highs and isn't going anywhere! Oh wait...
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #157
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
Wow, looks like all you folks that thought they were smarter than Warren Buffet were totally correct! Bitcoin is trading at record highs and isn't going anywhere! Oh wait...
the professionals got involved and the amateurs lost their ass and will continue to lose ass.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:59 AM   #158
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Fourth annual mid-January, pre-Chinese new year sell off.

I might actually do some dumpster diving on ETH and BTC after this fire sale.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #159
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

It's not raining today so we must be in a drought...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #160
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

Bitcoin Falls Below $10,000

Bryan Menegus
Yesterday 6:20pmFiled to: NORMAL BITCOIN STUFF

Following a meteoric rise to just shy of $20,000 per coin less than two months ago, Bitcoin, the oldest and most valuable cryptocurrency, fell below $10,000 on both the Coinbase and Bittrex exchanges for the first time since early December. Itís far from the only digital token plummeting.

Nearly every cryptocurrency is down, most by double digit percents, according to Coin Market Cap. The crash seems driven by fear of looming regulations from Germany, stricter laws in South Korea, and an increasing involvement by the SEC. Reddit community r/CryptoCurrency is directing US-based community members to the Suicide Hotline while panic ensues.

complete article
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #161
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Meanwhile.... https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BRKa?ltr=1

Yep, if only Warren Buffet knew half as much about investing as Burrito John or whatever...
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #162
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Looks like the 'dump' part of pump and dump. We'll see if it can recover or if that dead cat bounces.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #163
Meck77

Well like I said a week or so ago. Always nice to lock in some profits for some hard assets.

I've yet to see a parabolic spike survive. As great as the run was some people really lost their asses on this one!

5k, 8k, or is going to be 15k again?

Oh so predictable some said. Lol
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #164
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Take advantage of the recent fall in prices on high quality REITs.

Ventas and Welltower are in the mid to high 50s. Those are great prices for Health care REITs that own scores of hospitals, medical clinics, assisted living facilities, etc. Our population is aging and the boomers are retiring. Demand is gonna only go up for those places in the next 15-20 years with our demographics.

Realty Income is in the low 50s. That's a bargain for a gold standard stock.

Tax changes also have now reduced your tax liability for REIT dividend income from the normal marginal tax rate as a result of getting a 23% credit.

Focus on high quality things trading at a discount. Getting "rich quick" on speculative investments is risky business.

Be patient and accumulate real, savage assets and do it over time. Johnson and Johnson will always be a goldmine cause people always buy Tylenol and Band-Aids and they have an empire of cutting edge medical drugs and health care products. You think people are gonna just magically stop using Tide laundry detergent or Crest toothpaste, or Gillette razors or Pampers diapers? P&G will always be there to cut you a check. And by spending 2 billion a year on R&D they'll come up with more stuff that's consumer popular, like Swiffer. You think AT&T is going anywhere? Hell, they are branching out now to try and create a media empire, they aren't satisfied with being old Ma Bell anymore. Find big companies that churn out cash rain or shine and whose stuff people always have to use and keep adding to your position..... a little every month and soon as your dividends roll in, and after a few years of dogged patience the damn thing will be feeding itself more each month as you keep reinvesting them back into the pot than what you are putting in as fresh new capital. A snowball will turn into an avalanche by the time you retire. I don't want to have to check the prices of a Bitcoin everyday. That would make me go crazy. What I want is to supplement my retirement plan from work with a bunch of big checks that come in every month from large multibillion dollar companies.

Patience and incrementalism is the key, not speculation and risk. I don't doubt some of you will cash in big time on Bitcoin and the like. But I bet the majority will be burned badly. Be careful and if you are gonna play that game at least diversify your portfolio so that cryptos are just a small fraction of your investments.

JMO.....I'm not here to give you professional advice cause I'm not a professional investor. I'm just a lawyer who wanted to figure out where to put my money. Do your own research. But this does work for me. You just have to be patient and take advantage of the magic of the compounding of reinvested dividends and also dividend increases. It takes time, but it does work.
3B. Marcell Ateman, WR Oklahoma State
4A. Parry Nickerson, CB Tulane
4B. Oren Burks, S/"Big Nickel"/OLB/Star Vanderbilt (MUG's No. 1 overall prospect)
5. Josh Adams, RB Notre Dame
6. Matthew Thomas, OLB Florida State
7A. Cole Madison, G Washington State
7B. Natrell Jamerson, FS Wisconsin

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-17-2018 at 10:37 AM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #165
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

i sold all my BC jan 6th. At 16k per.

Going to buy again after the crackdown fears in Asia subside.

Its already above 10k again.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 01-17-2018 at 11:08 AM..
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #166
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Well like I said a week or so ago. Always nice to lock in some profits for some hard assets.

I've yet to see a parabolic spike survive. As great as the run was some people really lost their asses on this one!

5k, 8k, or is going to be 15k again?

Oh so predictable some said. Lol
Quote:
Meanwhile.... https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BRKa?ltr=1

Yep, if only Warren Buffet knew half as much about investing as Burrito John or whatever...

So much salt for people who dont own BC and just want to say "i told you so".

A 5K swing isnt out of the norm for BC. 3k swings almost every week.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 01-17-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Old 01-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #167
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Now nearing 11k.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #168
srphoenix
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

it does this kind of stuff all the time, just need to be patient and sell when its good. The crypto markets are so fickle and swing so largely based on small bits of information that patience is the key virtue of doing anything with it.

That being said, I'm much happier mining the stuff and waiting to sell when it's high vs. buying and then selling. My equipment is all paid off at this point so I'm no longer playing with my own livelihood at all with it. Granted I'm sure I'm about the smallest fish in the pond with cryptos. I just enjoy it because it's a way for my one of my hobbies to pay for itself (something that rarely ever is the case).
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #169
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
it does this kind of stuff all the time, just need to be patient and sell when its good. The crypto markets are so fickle and swing so largely based on small bits of information that patience is the key virtue of doing anything with it.

That being said, I'm much happier mining the stuff and waiting to sell when it's high vs. buying and then selling. My equipment is all paid off at this point so I'm no longer playing with my own livelihood at all with it. Granted I'm sure I'm about the smallest fish in the pond with cryptos. I just enjoy it because it's a way for my one of my hobbies to pay for itself (something that rarely ever is the case).
what is your mining setup?

And what are program are you mining from?
Old 01-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #170
srphoenix
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

EWBF on my nvidia machine, I'll post a picture, but 3 1080ti's all with a full custom watercooled loop in a 900d case.

On the amd machine I forget the program, but it's the one everyone uses. That case is a 750d with 2 290x's on closed loop coolers, and a 580 on the bottom with it's regular fans. I rent an office and don't pay for power so having open racks would look a bit suspicious lets say lol.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #171
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
EWBF on my nvidia machine, I'll post a picture, but 3 1080ti's all with a full custom watercooled loop in a 900d case.

On the amd machine I forget the program, but it's the one everyone uses. That case is a 750d with 2 290x's on closed loop coolers, and a 580 on the bottom with it's regular fans. I rent an office and don't pay for power so having open racks would look a bit suspicious lets say lol.
yea i havnt gotten into mining.

just trading.

curious about mining tho.

Do you mine etherum then trade for BC?
Old 01-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #172
srphoenix
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

The building I'm in is nice, but super old and incredibly cold during winter so I used to have to run 2+ heaters at over a 1000W each just to get the temps into the 60's at times. So I'm really not using any extra power as I really want the heat from the mining. Just didn't want the noise of all the air coolers.

Here's the 900d nVidia machine:

And the 750d amd build (much older parts):

edit, figured out how to get photos up again.

Last edited by srphoenix; 01-17-2018 at 12:41 PM..
Old 01-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #173
srphoenix
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

I mine zcash on the nvidia machine, the 3 cards put out about 2300 sols which right now after this latest market crash is something like $450-$500 a month, the amd machine mines ETH at a hashrate of like 75 which is like $175-$200 a month.

When I sell I just change everything into ETH and sell it through Coinbase. There's fees here and there but it's easy.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #174
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

pretty cool, i may pester you with questions if i decide to set up one of my own,

is setting up the program hard to do?
Old 01-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #175
srphoenix
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
pretty cool, i may pester you with questions if i decide to set up one of my own,

is setting up the program hard to do?
Yeah of course! Send me a pm whenever you're ready. Not too bad, typically you just figure out what pool you want to mine from. I'm a big fan of flypool and ethermine and they have instructions on there. Sometimes it's not totally clear on certain parts though.

Back before this last crash I was up to about $1100 a month in profit from the two machines. Crashes are good for mining though, keeps floods of new people out.

Honestly a crackdown in China and Korea would be the best thing possible for miners in the US. People over there could still find ways to buy the coins, but mining is tougher to hide and many of the companies that are the big players in mining run huge operations in China due to cheap power.

If they are blocked out it means the difficulty rate goes exponentially lower and makes all the personal miners that much more effective. The output is algorhythmically fixed to adjust so that everyday there is the same amount of coins generated. The more machines mining the less each person gets. The less machines mining the more each one is worth. Remove the largest players in China and the rest of us immediately earn much much more.

Last edited by srphoenix; 01-17-2018 at 12:47 PM..