The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2018, 08:01 AM   #601
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Man, there is no denying Lynch physical talent. That throw running left and down the field 25yrds for a TD was effortless. He has a quick release. I think he has the smarts, he is just immature. He doesn't realize what it means to be a NFL QB. When he matures, he will be a pretty good QB. Too bad it wont be with the Broncos
I swear I have no clue how anyone looks at his performance and thinks "what a smart, physical marvel"

He spent basically the whole game throwing laterally and that throw you mention was his first read and wide open. He threw three decent balls last night.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:06 AM   #602
CEH
Ring of Famer

Griese has insight and tells it like it is. A lot of his analysis would be more for a seasoned pro than basically a rookie. I'm surprised Elway invited him back this year.
Elway likes fluff.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:06 AM   #603
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
It will take some time for him to reach JaMarcus Russellís success, but heís already made it halfway to the heights reached by Johnny Manziel.
, i hope he makes the roster just so you guys can implode. especially lolcopter.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #604
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I swear I have no clue how anyone looks at his performance and thinks "what a smart, physical marvel"

He spent basically the whole game throwing laterally and that throw you mention was his first read and wide open. He threw three decent balls last night.
Musgrave designed a watered down spread offense for Lynch. Kudos to Musgrave. Not the type of offense that will win games in the NFL.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:14 AM   #605
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:

When did i ever say he was a physical marvel?

Are you telling me Paxton is not physically talented?

Whether he is smart enough is debatable. From the reports, Paxton is immature. He is not putting in the time off the field to be a QB in the NFL.

I can tell you Tebow was not smart enough to be a QB in the NFL. Tebow spent time off the field and still couldn't read defenses.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #606
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
When did i ever say he was a physical marvel?

Are you telling me Paxton is not physically talented?

Whether he is smart enough is debatable. From the reports, Paxton is immature. He is not putting in the time off the field to be a QB in the NFL.

I can tell you Tebow was not smart enough to be a QB in the NFL. Tebow spent time off the field and still couldn't read defenses.
I'm saying for all the talk about his great arm, I've never seen him use it. The next throw he fits into a tight window will be his first.

I'm also fairly convinced that if Paxton's first read is covered, he forgets where everyone else is. Just like Timmy did.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:24 AM   #607
4HorSeimian
Ring of Famer

It's all up from here boys!

i'm now hoping he makes the roster so we can get something !anything! for him.

musgrave really is a sneaky son of a gun with all those quick outs.
4HorSeimian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:35 AM   #608
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Lynch actually looked good last night. Still late on reads some plays, but you can tell he has physical ability with his arm and also his legs. Probably too little too late. He played last night with no fear against scrubs and it would have been good to see hat 2-3 years ago.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:40 AM   #609
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

He played well last night but both sides need a fresh start for the better.

Hope Elway can find a trade partner.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:40 AM   #610
CEH
Ring of Famer

Remember Lynch used to run an offense in college where Winnie the Pooh was a play card.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:43 AM   #611
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Lynch actually looked good last night. Still late on reads some plays, but you can tell he has physical ability with his arm and also his legs. Probably too little too late. He played last night with no fear against scrubs and it would have been good to see hat 2-3 years ago.
To be fair, Lynch looked pretty confident and effective in his rookie preseason. Not brilliant, obviously, but he could sustain drives and score.

Then some unknown event happened that destroyed his confidence.

Still, I would move on. Lynch has shown he can get down on himself for long stretches, and that IMO is the worst quality in a QB.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:45 AM   #612
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
To be fair, Lynch looked pretty confident and effective in his rookie preseason. Not brilliant, obviously, but he could sustain drives and score.

Then some unknown event happened that destroyed his confidence.
I doubt it was some unknown event so much as just being forced to take on more of what's expected for an NFL QB.

They keep it simple for you out of the gates, and then gradually weigh you down with more and more responsibility. Some guys can take it. Some aren't equipped.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:58 AM   #613
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
I'm saying for all the talk about his great arm, I've never seen him use it. The next throw he fits into a tight window will be his first.

I'm also fairly convinced that if Paxton's first read is covered, he forgets where everyone else is. Just like Timmy did.
I'd say that Lynch has a big arm, but he can't utilize it because he can't read a defense. He can't make the right decision, so he just throws short. It's the safest thing that he can do.

A guy like Kelly, and most legit QBs, they'll have no fear in driving the ball down field because they know what they're doing. Lynch is just lost, especially after his first read isn't open.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:02 AM   #614
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Lynch has no vision and anticipation. He just looks for guys to get open then makes the decision. He did that last night. Wasting the small open windows that other QBs take advantage of. You fail in this league that way.

Kelly throws with vision and anticipation. The ball is out before the target is open, and it hits the spot when the open window comes into play. That is a sign of a legit QB. Lynch isnít legit.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:07 AM   #615
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I'd say that Lynch has a big arm, but he can't utilize it because he can't read a defense. He can't make the right decision, so he just throws short. It's the safest thing that he can do.

A guy like Kelly, and most legit QBs, they'll have no fear in driving the ball down field because they know what they're doing. Lynch is just lost, especially after his first read isn't open.
One of the other clear indicators of a promising, legit QB is the ability to throw under any circumstances over the middle of the field. Kelly did it last night a number of times. He seems to have no fear whatsoever putting the ball into tight windows over the middle, usually for big gains.
I can't recall Paxil throwing over the middle. He's always drifting to one side or the other and he only seems to be a perimeter player. Everything is to the sidelines, if he isn't sacked 1st.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:10 AM   #616
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

One ok game against guys who are headed to the street isn't going to make Lynch stick. The only thing that he may stick for is his cap hit.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:12 AM   #617
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
One ok game against guys who are headed to the street isn't going to make Lynch stick. The only thing that he may stick for is his cap hit.
Denver loses 3 mil in cap if he's cut, barely anything if traded. Need to find a trade partner.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:46 AM   #618
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Denver loses 3 mil in cap if he's cut, barely anything if traded. Need to find a trade partner.
Exactly, which is why we should be happy that he looked competent in the final preseason game. Lets hope it was enough to convince another front office to take a chance on him. It's less about the pick we get in return, and more about mitigating the cap hit to remove him from the 53 man roster.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote