The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #26
jacob2125
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yes. You need to be able to do it but should not be the focal point of your offense because you have a ****ty QB.

Thatís the exact reason it should be the focal point of our offense.
jacob2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #27
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Everyone looks at our ypc and says run it more, but thats just not going to work. We arent a power run team. We cant enforce our will. Our big run plays come from timely play calling.

We need to be able to pass the ball.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:19 PM   #28
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You definitely want to try to control the tempo with running in a game like this. And force them to run as much as possible as well.

When you're outgunned on offense, obviously you aim for fewer possessions. Even if you gotta let Hunt get his.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #29
Dr.10-307
Legendary Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Yes, running is now overrated. It shouldn't be though. The running game has become less important as the NFL implements new rules to increase scoring and drive the fantasy football craze. It's a pass happy league with rules that make DBs play with one hand tied behind their back. Running the ball is a necessary evil for clock management, but I don't think it's make or break anymore to have a dominating running game. Very few RBs play all three downs, more passes 1st and 2nd down, and a ton RBs are catching passes out of the backfield almost as much as they're rushing.

I never likes arena football and that's what the NFL is turning into.

80's & 90's NFL > Current NFL
Dr.10-307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #30
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
We have given up big yards on the ground to both the Rams and the Chiefs. In each of those games we held those teams to their lowest offensive output of the season. Is our overplaying the pass and giving up a lot of yards on the ground a little of a catch 22? Obviously you want a team who can do both. And maybe that still exists but in todays NFL where a team is dropping 40 points every weekend its going to be difficult.

Look at the Jets Game-Their we gave up monster pass yards and Run Yards. If we slow down the pass in that game and still give up big rush yards we probably keep it with in a score.

Its sad how far my expectations have dropped. Hoping to keep it with in a score-FMT
VJ said this
You have to throw the ball to score
This thread Just another great example this is true in todayís
NFL
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:20 AM   #31
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.10-307 View Post

80's & 90's NFL > Current NFL
Agree. I used to love a good field position battle (and I'm being serious). I loved the strategy and style of a good defensive battle where flipping field position was a successful drive. We won't ever get back to that, Steelers vs Ravens (in the Bettis years) were the last of those types of games.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote