The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #126
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #127
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post

So why didnít he just make her the successor?
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #128
Meck77

Lets just follow the green pay packer model.

Offer up shares of the team for $5000 each. Offer those shares to the season ticket holders first.

Then because the taxpayers of Denver helped fund the stadium offer shares to them.

Raising $2b in Denver would be easy considering the real estate market there. Most season ticket holders and home owners in Denver have an extra $100k-$300+k in real estate appreciation over the last few years alone! Not to mention their 401ks.

A little house in Denver is now $600k. A decent house is $1M. What's $5,000 to own a piece of the Broncos?

Bowlens get cashed out, the lifeblood of the city can drink himself silly, we can put a real management in team in place based on performance.

Oh we can negotiate some shares to be tossed to orangemane die hards also.

Forget the orange t-shirts taco. We need an orange mane luxury box.

Last edited by Meck77; 06-03-2018 at 08:18 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #129
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

Offer up shares of the team for $5000 each. Offer those shares to the season ticket holders first.

Then because the taxpayers of Denver helped fund the stadium offer shares to them.

Raising $2b in Denver would be easy considering the real estate market there. Most season ticket holders and home owners in Denver have an extra $100k-$300+k in real estate appreciation over the last few years alone! Not to mention their 401ks.

A little house in Denver is now $600k. A decent house is $1M. What's $5,000 to own a piece of the Broncos?

Bowlens get cashed out, the lifeblood of the city can drink himself silly, we can put a real management in team in place based on performance.

Sign me up. This would also guarantee the team would never move.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:13 AM   #130
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

I'm wondering what one needs in order to be "qualified" to own a sports team, beyond a lot of money of course. It would be interesting to find out more about this brewing little family spat.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #131
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

If it's like the Packers model, the shares would be effectively worthless outside of their status as memorabilia. Packers shareholders have no rights.
3B. Marcell Ateman, WR Oklahoma State
4A. Parry Nickerson, CB Tulane
4B. Oren Burks, S/"Big Nickel"/OLB/Star Vanderbilt (MUG's No. 1 overall prospect)
5. Josh Adams, RB Notre Dame
6. Matthew Thomas, OLB Florida State
7A. Cole Madison, G Washington State
7B. Natrell Jamerson, FS Wisconsin
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #132
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

DMac on The Fan made a good point about being qualified to be the lead owner of the Broncos. I'm not about to make a habit of agreeing with him because he seems to just fill in the blanks with his own story a lot, but he was saying that the main qualification to run the Broncos is being one of the Bowlen children. Anybody who doesn't meet that criteria is unqualified. Only seven people meet that qualification. So yes, Beth is qualified to be the lead owner of the team. The question really is, out of the seven, who is the most qualified? And what is the time line to pick one? It doesn't seem like the managers of the trust are going to answer either of those questions.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #133
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
If it's like the Packers model, the shares would be effectively worthless outside of their status as memorabilia. Packers shareholders have no rights.
Why would anyone want to purchase worthless shares of stock for their emotional value? I don't see the Denver situation as similar. Green Bay is the NFL's smallest market, a town with a population the size of Greely, Colorado. I don't see the same kind of folksy homespun small-town kind of appeal working in Denver. The Bronco's/Bowlen trust needs to either settle on one of the Bowlen kids or seek a real owner who is motivated to keep the team in Denver. I'm sure some ski resort mogul or an investor group led by Elway and others could accomplish this.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #134
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
DMac on The Fan made a good point about being qualified to be the lead owner of the Broncos. I'm not about to make a habit of agreeing with him because he seems to just fill in the blanks with his own story a lot, but he was saying that the main qualification to run the Broncos is being one of the Bowlen children. Anybody who doesn't meet that criteria is unqualified. Only seven people meet that qualification. So yes, Beth is qualified to be the lead owner of the team. The question really is, out of the seven, who is the most qualified? And what is the time line to pick one? It doesn't seem like the managers of the trust are going to answer either of those questions.
Who currently has the effective power? Is it Joe Ellis? Just a few years ago this guy was pretty reviled in here. Has he magically gained credibility or is he now perhaps motivated to keep the power in his own hands and those of the trust?

Pat Bowlen is not going to be around much longer, so they need to do something fairly quickly in terms of making some kind of decision.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:55 PM   #135
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
Alfred did a good job of calling dmac out on his provacative takes about the trust. Like Alfred said, itís really none of our business, and Beth made sure this week that sheíll never be chosen to succeed her father.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #136
Broncos23
Seahawks Mock Drafter

4-6, 'They suck'

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derrius Guice

I'll do it. MUG and jebrues would be my scouts.
Broncos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #137
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
None of the Bowlen's are qualified. And it should be noted that Beth Bowlen is heavily involved with DMac's charity.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #138
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

John ****ed this up after his Alzheimer diagnosis by not truly setting things in stone for the future. He had time before he really deteriorated to hammer **** out. What that tells me is that he had no idea which of his kids are truly worth running things, which is a shame - that or he just procrastinated forever.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:32 PM   #139
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Well the Packers do have a history of screwing their fans. SB 32 comes to mind.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #140
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post

The article Renck is referring to here by Woody is a very good read. In addition to the above Brittany reveal, there are a few other tidbits on all the other kids, and a real good point about the trust itself that was voted on by the league and passed 31-0.
Apparently, the genius of the family trust besides the obvious is that it completely avoids the brutal estate tax system. If you want to know what the estate tax can do to a family with a considerable asset like a NFL team look up the Joe Robbie Dolphins, and how the family lost it.

http://gazette.com/woody-paige-battl...rticle/1627026
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #141
pricejj
jungle

Beth is only doing this now to try to preempt Brittany. Brittany would be the choice of the trust, if she becomes qualified.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #142
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Pretty sure the NFL owners have said that the Green Bay situation is unique and will never be repeated.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #143
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Pretty sure the NFL owners have said that the Green Bay situation is unique and will never be repeated.
I'm sure that's the case.

It's a billionaire game now. People are throwing billions around Denver like nothing these days.

Last edited by Meck77; 06-03-2018 at 06:36 PM..
Old 06-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #144
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Beth is only doing this now to try to preempt Brittany. Brittany would be the choice of the trust, if she becomes qualified.
Seems pretty obvious that they are waiting for her to get a little older and a little more experienced, then it's her.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #145
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
None of the Bowlen's are qualified. And it should be noted that Beth Bowlen is heavily involved with DMac's charity.
I'd say that the Bowlen children not being qualified to run an organization like a NFL team is irrelevant, because one of them will be selected. There doesn't appear to be a way around that. So it's up to the trust to figure out who the most qualified is. I wouldn't be surprised if they already know who that is, and they are preparing that person behind the scenes. Clearly, it's not Beth.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #146
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
I'd say that the Bowlen children not being qualified to run an organization like a NFL team is irrelevant, because one of them will be selected. There doesn't appear to be a way around that. So it's up to the trust to figure out who the most qualified is. I wouldn't be surprised if they already know who that is, and they are preparing that person behind the scenes. Clearly, it's not Beth.
It would be Brittany (if she wants it). Looks to me like Brittany has been preparing her entire adult life for it, whereas Beth only started preparing once Pat fell ill.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:39 AM   #147
4Horsemen
Ring of Famer

Just put it in the ole turkey hole!

if he mane is going to be owning this team, i better get out there and starting looking for a QB.

all my mail can be forwarded to Africa for the next year. i will be studying giraffes.
4Horsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:40 AM   #148
4Horsemen
Ring of Famer

Just put it in the ole turkey hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Why would anyone want to purchase worthless shares of stock for their emotional value? I don't see the Denver situation as similar. Green Bay is the NFL's smallest market, a town with a population the size of Greely, Colorado. I don't see the same kind of folksy homespun small-town kind of appeal working in Denver. The Bronco's/Bowlen trust needs to either settle on one of the Bowlen kids or seek a real owner who is motivated to keep the team in Denver. I'm sure some ski resort mogul or an investor group led by Elway and others could accomplish this.
evangelicalism is the first thing that came to my mind!
4Horsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #149
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HorSeimian View Post
if he mane is going to be owning this team, i better get out there and starting looking for a QB.

all my mail can be forwarded to Africa for the next year. i will be studying giraffes.
Be sure to bless the rains down there.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:05 AM   #150
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:

lol. not even close.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote