The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2019, 10:23 PM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default Amy Klobuchar Throws Her Hat in the Ring

Obviously not a snow hat.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-video-report

I watched her first interview tonight on RM. She's my early favorite. Why?

1. She really has no negatives that the Trumpsters can throw at her. If she wins the nomination she will obviously get every Democrat vote, she would get the majority of moderate independents (of which there are many), and she would even draw off a considerable number of conservative Republicans (especially women) who see Trump for what he is. I predict a landslide of mega-proportions.

2. Her first mention of issues tonight was climate change. She says that would be her focus on "day one," immediately getting back into the Paris Agreement. She also was raised in a normal, American family (mother was a teacher, father was a journalist with a drinking problem, grandfather worked the iron ore mines of North Minnesota) and she has been a strong supporter of labor her entire career.

3. First woman president (and wouldn't be Hillary ). I listened to her tonight and thought she sounds smart, tough, ready for the fight against the sleaze of Trump, and well versed in foreign policy. She has been a leader in the fight against Big Pharma. She seems a very solid person.

The two keys for me are: "Beat Trump like a drum" and "Seriously get moving on climate change action."

The media is trying to box her up as a centrist. She says she's a progressive and will prove it. I'm on board.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 02-11-2019 at 10:41 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 10:40 PM   #2
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

LETíS GOOOOOOO!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

First we need to see if she survives. That rally yesterday was some William Henry Harrison-level stuff.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:43 PM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
First we need to see if she survives. That rally yesterday was some William Henry Harrison-level stuff.
I think the voters in Wisconsin and Michigan (you know, the people Hillary wouldn't even visit) will appreciate that.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote