The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #51
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mesa AZ til May
Posts: 8,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

I also think that Warren will not make it through the primaries, But I also think that she is honestly a reformer and would be acceptable..

while Med for all, withdrawal from foreign wars, green economy and taxing the rich are all things that I generally approve of, none of those are going to be implemented by a DEM potus without a fight or in the form s being proposed .

There is far too much political and economic capital against those proposals for anything really fully implementing them to occur. The main reason for the Dems to win Potus and the Senate is for Congress to reaffirm their position as the arbiter of the law and remove much of the presidential powers ceded since Nixon, Carter and Reagan. And the district and Supreme Courts which must be cleansed of the political hacks installed by Mcconnell. There are going to be impeachments there.

Frankly I think that Biden will be a moderate that will do healing , and his VP will be someone like Warren or Harris. I would prefer that kind of ticket over any hard left one .
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:45 AM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 80,306

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

I wouldn't vote for Biden under any circumstances. Might as well just run Hillary again.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #53
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I also think that Warren will not make it through the primaries, But I also think that she is honestly a reformer and would be acceptable..

while Med for all, withdrawal from foreign wars, green economy and taxing the rich are all things that I generally approve of, none of those are going to be implemented by a DEM potus without a fight or in the form s being proposed .

There is far too much political and economic capital against those proposals for anything really fully implementing them to occur. The main reason for the Dems to win Potus and the Senate is for Congress to reaffirm their position as the arbiter of the law and remove much of the presidential powers ceded since Nixon, Carter and Reagan. And the district and Supreme Courts which must be cleansed of the political hacks installed by Mcconnell. There are going to be impeachments there.

Frankly I think that Biden will be a moderate that will do healing , and his VP will be someone like Warren or Harris. I would prefer that kind of ticket over any hard left one .
This but Biden is a bottom of the barrel candidate for me.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #54
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mesa AZ til May
Posts: 8,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
This but Biden is a bottom of the barrel candidate for me.
No matter what happens in the primaries the Dems will have a woman on the ticket, and likely Trump will also. Not that a woman Republican is different than a male one as far as that goes..but Trump knows that Pence cannot carry even Indiana now.


I would not be surprised if someone like Warren is the VP candidate for someone like Biden. The problem with most of the Dems Male candidates is they have little to no national experience, and Zero international, or they were Obama appointments and never won an election. Biden has extensive a good experience in international relations and that will be important to rebuild trust with our allies and put certain other allies ( Saudi and others ) on notice. Town mayors...Stop fooling yourselves! The Billionaire club that is running or considering running have zero credibility as supporting the tax changes that are going to be made. Beto is inspiring but he will not win the Potus nomination....yet....maybe VP to someone like Harris. Rumbles about Globuchar being "difficult' and demeaning to staff probably rule her out ( a female Trump?), and Gillibrand has flipped positions too often for me to support her. Tulsi has the anti gay and anti lgbtq comments that mean she is another flipper.

Basically there are not many choices that realistically can take on Trump. Too many small warts and lack of campaign experience. The primaries need to weed out the pretenders early on so the REAL candidates can go to the debates.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #55
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
No matter what happens in the primaries the Dems will have a woman on the ticket, and likely Trump will also. Not that a woman Republican is different than a male one as far as that goes..but Trump knows that Pence cannot carry even Indiana now.


I would not be surprised if someone like Warren is the VP candidate for someone like Biden. The problem with most of the Dems Male candidates is they have little to no national experience, and Zero international, or they were Obama appointments and never won an election. Biden has extensive a good experience in international relations and that will be important to rebuild trust with our allies and put certain other allies ( Saudi and others ) on notice. Town mayors...Stop fooling yourselves! The Billionaire club that is running or considering running have zero credibility as supporting the tax changes that are going to be made. Beto is inspiring but he will not win the Potus nomination....yet....maybe VP to someone like Harris. Rumbles about Globuchar being "difficult' and demeaning to staff probably rule her out ( a female Trump?), and Gillibrand has flipped positions too often for me to support her. Tulsi has the anti gay and anti lgbtq comments that mean she is another flipper.

Basically there are not many choices that realistically can take on Trump. Too many small warts and lack of campaign experience. The primaries need to weed out the pretenders early on so the REAL candidates can go to the debates.
Agreed with this. We are seeing what happens when a narcissistic dumbass with zero experience gets elected.

It’s unfortunate to me that so many are running simply because I remember watching the Republican clown show with 10 people on stage all vying for talking time. Trump proves that if you can win the sound bites then substance doesn’t matter.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:48 AM   #56
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

I’m actually hopeful that the left will churn through the primaries and nominate a sensible candidate. I’m open to voting for a left leaning centrist that opposes Teumps values but if they go way left then I will go Libertarian again m.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #57
gob1gred
Grinder
 
gob1gred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I’m actually hopeful that the left will churn through the primaries and nominate a sensible candidate. I’m open to voting for a left leaning centrist that opposes Teumps values but if they go way left then I will go Libertarian again m.
If Warren was the nominee, would you vote for her?
gob1gred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #58
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I’m actually hopeful that the left will churn through the primaries and nominate a sensible candidate. I’m open to voting for a left leaning centrist that opposes Teumps values but if they go way left then I will go Libertarian again m.
Look at it this way. If Congress is actually functioning then they should provide a balance against any ideas “too radical” so even a too far left leaning candidate is going to get moderated. When Congress isn’t functioning, reference the last two years, you get no moderation of a dumb **** President and his ideas which is how we’ve ended up alienating our allies and in bed with Putin and Kim while filling the swamp and having a presidency of executive time.

So you and the country are still way better off voting liberal Democrat than libertarian.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:21 AM   #59
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Camaraderie-ship for all

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 53,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I’m actually hopeful that the left will churn through the primaries and nominate a sensible candidate. I’m open to voting for a left leaning centrist that opposes Teumps values but if they go way left then I will go Libertarian again m.
Sensible in your mind is somebody that opposes trump values? that's deep, voting 3rd party basically helps the candidate you don't like to win and who exactly is a sensible candidate in your mind? I will assume its a democrat and only a democrat cause that's the sensible thing to do
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #60
gob1gred
Grinder
 
gob1gred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Sensible in your mind is somebody that opposes trump values? that's deep, voting 3rd party basically helps the candidate you don't like to win and who exactly is a sensible candidate in your mind? I will assume its a democrat and only a democrat cause that's the sensible thing to do
Voting Trump is one of the least sensible things for anybody to do (supporting AOC and Bernie may be worse). The guy is essentially working for Putin.
gob1gred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #61
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Camaraderie-ship for all

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 53,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gob1gred View Post
Voting Trump is one of the least sensible things for anybody to do (supporting AOC and Bernie may be worse). The guy is essentially working for Putin.

Hillary was the alternative nuff said and I didn't pick the list of tool bags trump easily brushed aside but given the choice of going hillarys direction for the country and trumps I picked trump.


And we get to watch the establishment pukes lose their minds and expose themselves with endless temper tantrums and the media enabling all of it this really should be a learning moment for people but I fear they're to ****ing stupid to notice whats going on.


The putin comment is weak and baseless and you know it his actions don't even help putin in anyway what does help putin is the medias constant harping on collusion does help putin, so draw any conclusions you want and I will draw mine .
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #62
gob1gred
Grinder
 
gob1gred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Hillary was the alternative nuff said and I didn't pick the list of tool bags trump easily brushed aside but given the choice of going hillarys direction for the country and trumps I picked trump.


And we get to watch the establishment pukes lose their minds and expose themselves with endless temper tantrums and the media enabling all of it this really should be a learning moment for people but I fear they're to ****ing stupid to notice whats going on.


The putin comment is weak and baseless and you know it his actions don't even help putin in anyway what does help putin is the medias constant harping on collusion does help putin, so draw any conclusions you want and I will draw mine .
How is it baseless? Have you been paying attention to our foreign policy decisions under Trump? Every single one benefits Russia. Trump capitulated in Helsinki and held Putin's pocket all the way to the podium and crapped all over our defense/Intel community.
gob1gred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #63
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 37,320
Default

Klobuchar (MN) is more electable than Warren. Her announcement should be soon.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #64
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gob1gred View Post
If Warren was the nominee, would you vote for her?
I honestly don't know.... I certainly don't like what I've heard/seen from her thus far but lets see how she does during an election cycle. My bet is the find a better candidate.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #65
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Sensible in your mind is somebody that opposes trump values? that's deep, voting 3rd party basically helps the candidate you don't like to win and who exactly is a sensible candidate in your mind? I will assume its a democrat and only a democrat cause that's the sensible thing to do
I simply don't identify with your logic and don't vote for the least worst candidate; but for whom I would support as President. I also don't count any vote as wasted.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #66
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 23,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I wouldn't vote for Biden under any circumstances. Might as well just run Hillary again.

I don't understand this line of thought. Biden would at least listen and move the country in direction you want.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #67
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
She could be the “first woman of color president”.


El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #68
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 13,801
Default

Why did Warren want everybody to think she was Native American? It shouldn’t matter either way. Does she think Native Americans are better?

I predict a low turnout if she is nominated. Trump won’t have the same turnout, and Warren doesn’t get the left all excited.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #69
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,634

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I wouldn't vote for Biden under any circumstances. Might as well just run Hillary again.
Biden is probably my last choice (or Howard Schultz), but that "wouldn't vote for any circumstances" sentiment is how we ended up with trump.

We MUST unite behind the dem nominee no matter who it is.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #70
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,634

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I simply don't identify with your logic and don't vote for the least worst candidate; but for whom I would support as President. I also don't count any vote as wasted.
Until the day comes that the USA adopts some sort of an instant run-off format, all 3rd party votes are a complete waste of vote.

Maine used instant-run off voting in the recent election to decide their state-wide races with success.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #71
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,634

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Why did Warren want everybody to think she was Native American? It shouldn’t matter either way. Does she think Native Americans are better?

I predict a low turnout if she is nominated. Trump won’t have the same turnout, and Warren doesn’t get the left all excited.
She doesn't?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabe...es-2019-02-09/
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #72
gob1gred
Grinder
 
gob1gred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
The only people I know that are excited about Warren's candidacy are Trumpets - they know Trump would beat her like a drum.
gob1gred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #73
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
Until the day comes that the USA adopts some sort of an instant run-off format, all 3rd party votes are a complete waste of vote.

Maine used instant-run off voting in the recent election to decide their state-wide races with success.
I have no idea what you just wrote hypnotized by your avatar.


rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #74
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,493

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I wouldn't vote for Biden under any circumstances. Might as well just run Hillary again.
Lolz. Yes you would. And should.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #75
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 38,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I don't understand this line of thought. Biden would at least listen and move the country in direction you want.


No he won't.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Denver Broncos