The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2019, 11:18 AM   #1
SVine
Ring of Famer

Broncos 2017!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default The Green New Deal

Proposed legislation supported by the progressive left that would have sweeping long term changes aimed at preserving the health of our planet, while also keeping the economic impacts of the lower class in mind...

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...w-Deal-FAQ.pdf

I love it and think the health of our planet, and ultimately, the health of our economy long term depends on it.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A bartender got together with her trial lawyer buddies to reimagine the world's largest economy.

What could go wrong.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
Fear the Hawk
Ring of Famer

Proud member of the Deep State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
A bartender got together with her trial lawyer buddies to reimagine the world's largest economy.

What could go wrong.
A clueless con man who thinks global warming is a Chinese hoax gets elected president. What could go wrong?
Fear the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #4
ShaneFalco
Infamous

imagine being that stupid.....to embrace currency manipulation just so you can finance your "dream".
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #5
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

What could go wrong.
A corrupt so called business man who has filed chapter 13 4 times and turned reality tv star because people like how he said 'you're fired' became the POTUS. I guess anything is possible.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Make the NFL Great Again

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

OCASIO-CORTEZ: FIXING GLOBAL WARMING REQUIRES ‘MASSIVE GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION’

The Green New Deal

Democrats’ plans to counteract climate change will involve “massive government intervention” into Americans’ lives, one of the chief proponents admitted in an interview Thursday morning.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she has no qualms about acknowledging a so-called “Green New Deal” will mean unprecedented governmental intrusion into the private sector. Appearing on NPR, she was asked if she’s prepared to tell Americans outright that her plans involve “massive government intervention.”
“It does, it does, yeah, I have no problem saying that,” Ocasio-Cortez quickly replied.

https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasi...assive-governm
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #7
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
OCASIO-CORTEZ: FIXING GLOBAL WARMING REQUIRES ‘MASSIVE GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION’

The Green New Deal

Democrats’ plans to counteract climate change will involve “massive government intervention” into Americans’ lives, one of the chief proponents admitted in an interview Thursday morning.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she has no qualms about acknowledging a so-called “Green New Deal” will mean unprecedented governmental intrusion into the private sector. Appearing on NPR, she was asked if she’s prepared to tell Americans outright that her plans involve “massive government intervention.”
“It does, it does, yeah, I have no problem saying that,” Ocasio-Cortez quickly replied.

https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasi...assive-governm
She's not wrong. The market's not going to do **** about it until it's way too late.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #8
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear the Hawk View Post
A clueless con man who thinks global warming is a Chinese hoax gets elected president. What could go wrong?
So double down, amirite?
Old 02-07-2019, 01:01 PM   #9
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
imagine being that stupid.....to embrace currency manipulation just so you can finance your "dream".
But people mentioning Venezuela are off their rockers.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #10
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

We shouldn't get rid of Nuclear energy and no carbon taxes.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #11
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
How’s bit coin working for you?
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #12
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
We shouldn't get rid of Nuclear energy and no carbon taxes.
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a carbon tax in base theory.

I've just never seen a proposal that would do anything but line the pockets of preferred friends and contributors.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #13
Fear the Hawk
Ring of Famer

Proud member of the Deep State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
She's not wrong. The market's not going to do **** about it until it's way too late.
I disagree. Solar and wind power are getting progressively cheaper and better. Soon, they will produce electricity cheaper than fossil fuels.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dominic.../#10ef98874ff2

Tesla has proven that EVs can sell, and the battery tech is also getting better and cheaper. I believe by the mid 2020s EV tech will rival ICE cars in cost and convenience, and thereafter surpass gas guzzlers in value, safety, and other measures.

And Tesla's energy storage packs will likely replace gas peakers. They are already saving millions of dollars in Australia with better performance.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/02/07...r-gas-peakers/

Really, all we need is Rump and idiot conservatives with a hardon for coal to get out of the way.
Fear the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #14
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a carbon tax in base theory.

I've just never seen a proposal that would do anything but line the pockets of preferred friends and contributors.
The problem with saying you'll get rid of nuclear energy is that in human history the sun (in the case of solar) has not always be available. So one of my many tasks in my work history is designing disaster recovery and business continuity plans. You have to plan for the contingencies. As far as our energy is concerned, we should not solely rely on any one thing. We should diversify our energy sources. So that means relying on renewable and non-renewable sources with an emphasis on renewable sources.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #15
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Make the NFL Great Again

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
The unanswered question is who pays for massive government intervention when the government is already 21 plus trillion dollars in debt?
Old 02-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #16
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The problem with saying you'll get rid of nuclear energy is that in human history the sun (in the case of solar) has not always be available. So one of my many tasks in my work history is designing disaster recovery and business continuity plans. You have to plan for the contingencies. As far as our energy is concerned, we should not solely rely on any one thing. We should diversify our energy sources. So that means relying on renewable and non-renewable sources with an emphasis on renewable sources.
No, I'm a big fan of nuclear. If these kids were serious about anything resembling their claimed goals, they'd be doubling down on it. Not shuttering it. But in reality what they're looking for is corporate blood more than "saving the planet."
Old 02-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #17
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Quote:
The unanswered question is who pays for massive government intervention when the government is already 21 plus trillion dollars in debt?
You realize that if we don't mitigate climate change, the national debt will be the least of our problems.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #18
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
What does that have to do with getting rid of nuclear energy? My work history also includes business continuity and DR. You don’t plan every contingency scenario because you can’t fund or execute them all.

Nuclear doesn’t necessarily make or not make the cut. Plus as further advances are made some contingencies are rendered obsolete. Given that nuclear has the worst byproduct it would be the first thing I’d try to eliminate given our disposal options now.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #19
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
What does that have to do with getting rid of nuclear energy? My work history also includes business continuity and DR. You don’t plan every contingency scenario because you can’t fund or execute them all.

Nuclear doesn’t necessarily make or not make the cut. Plus as further advances are made some contingencies are rendered obsolete. Given that nuclear has the worst byproduct it would be the first thing I’d try to eliminate given our disposal options now.
Agreed...we do not fund every contingency, bit we should plan this. But since Nuclear power already exists and it serves a large number of people it should always be on the road map until there is something better. If you eliminate Nuclear power, what is the alternative in the is not wind, solar, or hydro-electric?

Also, Nuclear has arguably the worst by-product, but we can manage that. It's not like we are talking about a nuclear plant in every home.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You realize that if we don't mitigate climate change, the national debt will be the least of our problems.
Actually, the economic impacts will be horrific as well (and already are). The defense department already considers climate change a major threat to national security. We have 30% of the population (the idiots) who have control of the wheel and are actively trying to drive the ship onto the rocks.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #21
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Actually, the economic impacts will be horrific as well (and already are). The defense department already considers climate change a major threat to national security. We have 30% of the population (the idiots) who have control of the wheel and are actively trying to drive the ship onto the rocks.
Yep.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #22
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Make the NFL Great Again

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
So what’s your priority, affordable healthcare, crumbling infrastructure, education overhaul or global warming?
Old 02-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #23
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Quote:
So what’s your priority, affordable healthcare, crumbling infrastructure, education overhaul or global warming?
They're inter-related.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...4&postcount=12
Old 02-07-2019, 02:13 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Climate change is number one. If you don't fix that, the rest don't matter.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:14 PM   #25
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

The correct answer is: it's too hard to decide so let's just give the money to rich people
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote