The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #101
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
a woman who was bartending until very recently.
You can't simultaneously play this card and then defend her idiotic "ideas" in the same thread.

We need serious people with serious ideas about how to improve. There are no magical solutions

I mean I'd tolerate some hyperbole from a scientist who told us we were on the brink of a fusion revolution or something.

But people believing we can be zero emissions by 2030 because a bartender told them so? Yeah, the world's better off without.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #102
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
It was an incorrect statement. Now get back to me when you start applying this level of fact-checking to the endless bull**** that comes out of the White House. In case you aren't aware that's a little more important than what a solitary congresswoman is saying.
Please this isn't about the WH its about this dim wit telling lies to the American people now answer this.

Quote:
“There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right,”

Is this statement dangerous? yes or no
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #103
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Please this isn't about the WH its about this dim wit telling lies to the American people now answer this.

Is this statement dangerous? yes or no
Is it dangerous? Jesus, you Trumpkins are ****ing retarded...

Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #104
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
Is it dangerous? Jesus, you Trumpkins are ****ing retarded...

Ok when a person says the facts don't matter and just so your on the side of morality the facts don't matter doesn't register on your radar? you're being dumb or disingenuous calling me names doesn't change that fact just so you know.

Now you have a chance to make things right is it a dangerous statement to be putting out there to the American people? yes or no?
Old 01-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #105
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

We need more like her.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #106
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why would that even matter? You've stated that something is impossible when it categorically isn't. Just admit you overstated the matter, and that you actually meant improbable or impractical. That's all you need to do Beavis.
You're shifting a lot of straw goal posts around to arrive here.

I said carbon neutrality by 2030 was impossible. You've done nothing to even address that point.

You turned it into whether we could replace every vehicle. Which in anything resembling our existing economy, we can't. We'd actually have to significantly outproduce ourselves in WWII to have a chance. We don't have that manufacturing base anymore. Or the impetus to completely take over the economy in that way. In practical reality... impossible.

But that's mostly irrelevant anyway. Because it still wouldn't deliver anything resembling "carbon neutral." With the side effects of an effort that would produce an unprecedented carbon footprint all its own.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #107
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You can't simultaneously play this card and then defend her idiotic "ideas" in the same thread.

We need serious people with serious ideas about how to improve. There are no magical solutions

I mean I'd tolerate some hyperbole from a scientist who told us we were on the brink of a fusion revolution or something.

But people believing we can be zero emissions by 2030 because a bartender told them so? Yeah, the world's better off without.
Sigh. It was clear she was talking more about setting goals than saying it would happen. And it was clear she was talking about emissions from automobiles, not all emissions. You're being ridiculous, as always. Anyway, I still find it hilarious that you right wing dip****s are paying so much attention to this woman. I like her attitude and her values, but she's clearly as green as fresh cut grass and has no business setting national policy. She needs to learn and grow as a legislator first. That said, who else is revealing stuff like this about the inner workings of the corporate sellout that is D.C.:

Old 01-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #108
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ok when a person says the facts don't matter and just so your on the side of morality the facts don't matter doesn't register on your radar?
It's basically religion when you think about it.

Ag's replaced God with a clueless 29-year old bartender from the Bronx.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #109
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Its a recipe for tyranny which is what progressivism is.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #110
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
You're shifting a lot of straw goal posts around to arrive here.

I said carbon neutrality by 2030 was impossible. You've done nothing to even address that point.

You turned it into whether we could replace every vehicle. Which in anything resembling our existing economy, we can't. We'd actually have to significantly outproduce ourselves in WWII to have a chance. We don't have that manufacturing base anymore. Or the impetus to completely take over the economy in that way. In practical reality... impossible.

But that's mostly irrelevant anyway. Because it still wouldn't deliver anything resembling "carbon neutral." With the side effects of an effort that would produce an unprecedented carbon footprint all its own.
As I recall, Anderson Cooper was the one who said "zero carbon emissions". Her mistake was not correcting him on that point. Anyway, it's clear that you are set on nitpicking everything she says in attempt to marginalize what she represents: a move back towards the FDR model of doing things. Have fun with that. You're just a tool for the wealthy, and you don't even know it.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #111
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
It's basically religion when you think about it.

Ag's replaced God with a clueless 29-year old bartender from the Bronx.

Standing up for her a bit now equates worship? I don't even see her as a particularly important political figure at this time, and I don't think she's qualified to set national policy at all. At least not yet. She actually just seems to be the designated target of you right wing chods because of her lack of experience and savvy in political matters.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #112
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Quote:
As I recall, Anderson Cooper was the one who said "zero carbon emissions". Her mistake was not correcting him on that point. Anyway, it's clear that you are set on nitpicking everything she says in attempt to marginalize what she represents: a move back towards the FDR model of doing things. Have fun with that. You're just a tool for the wealthy, and you don't even know it.
Beav is just a tool, no qualifiers.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #113
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Its a recipe for tyranny which is what progressivism is.
Says the guy who avidly supports an actual wannabe tyrant.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #114
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Cars sit idle 90% of the day. When they nail autonomous driving those cars can be hired out to ferry people elsewhere, get your groceries etc.

We actually have more cars than we need right now.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:35 PM   #115
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

The sad part is she appeals to her generation doesn't care or doesn't know and wont know that shes wrong and wont hear the news broadcast saying shes wrong ( cause there isn't one) and all they hear is she wants good things for more people.

That's beyond dangerous and any sane person with can see this and if you ask me the fact shes not being called out for this more is flat sad whats even sadder is she gets to pump out this BS on national tv shows with nobody questioning her comments.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #116
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Standing up for her a bit now equates worship? I don't even see her as a particularly important political figure at this time, and I don't think she's qualified to set national policy at all. At least not yet. She actually just seems to be the designated target of you right wing chods because of her lack of experience and savvy in political matters.
No, your setting aside logic and reason in the name of morality is where your religion begins.

The world is as it is, regardless of any perceived moral imperative to hope otherwise.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #117
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
The sad part is she appeals to her generation doesn't care or doesn't know and wont know that shes wrong and wont hear the news broadcast saying shes wrong ( cause there isn't one) and all they hear is she wants good things for more people.

That's beyond dangerous and any sane person with can see this and if you ask me the fact shes not being called out for this more is flat sad whats even sadder is she gets to pump out this BS on national tv shows with nobody questioning her comments.
You aren't a sane person Trumpkin.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:42 PM   #118
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

yes or no AG?
Old 01-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #119
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He said it because that's what they're proposing.

But it's fun to watch you resort to the "Fake News" angle as quickly as required.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #120
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
No, your setting aside logic and reason in the name of morality is where your religion begins.

The world is as it is, regardless of any perceived moral imperative to hope otherwise.
When did I say anything about morality? We either start taking extreme measures to fix the climate or human civilization is toast. Does it have to conform to Ocasio-Cortez's ideas? No, but it's going to need to be extreme to work, because we are quickly approaching the point of no return. That's the world as it is, and you people who believe in a magic man in the sky are the ones living in denial.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #121
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
He said it because that's what they're proposing.

But it's fun to watch you resort to the "Fake News" angle as quickly as required.
Did she actually say zero emissions? I only saw clips of the interview, so I honestly don't know.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #122
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
When did I say anything about morality? We either start taking extreme measures to fix the climate or human civilization is toast. Does it have to conform to Ocasio-Cortez's ideas? No, but it's going to need to be extreme to work, because we are quickly approaching the point of no return. That's the world as it is, and you people who believe in a magic man in the sky are the ones living in denial.
Your girl says being "morally right" trumps (heh) factual accuracy (or apparently anything resembling it)

You seem to be backing up that assertion fairly enthusiastically. Or are you finally going to admit she needs to step back and reevaluate her approach?
Old 01-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #123
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
You aren't a sane person Trumpkin.
Sooooooo you lost the debate and avoided answering the simple question I asked and resorted to name calling you're exactly what people think you are.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #124
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Did she actually say zero emissions? I only saw clips of the interview, so I honestly don't know.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexand...pt-2019-01-06/

Quote:
For Ocasio-Cortez, it was an early lesson in congressional politics. And another one came when she defied Pelosi and voted against the speaker's new House rules, but was not joined by many other progressive Democrats. Ocasio-Cortez told us she's determined to keep fighting for what's being called a "Green New Deal" — a highly ambitious, some would say "unrealistic," proposal that would convert the entire U.S. Economy to renewable sources of energy in just 12 years, while guaranteeing every American a job at a fair wage.

Anderson Cooper: You're talking about zero carbon emissions— no use of fossil fuels within 12 years.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: That is the goal. It's ambitious. And...

Anderson Cooper: How is that possible? Are you talking about everybody having to drive an electric car?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: It's going to require a lot of rapid change that we don't even conceive as possible right now. What is the problem with trying to push our technological capacities to the furthest extent possible?
Such a child. How she gets this kind of air time? I don't know. Does speak to how broken our media truly is.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:50 PM   #125
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Sooooooo you lost the debate and avoided answering the simple question I asked and resorted to name calling you're exactly what people think you are.
I answered your question, and I definitely didn't lose the "debate" if that's what you want to call it.