The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #101
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
L0L!

Following your logic, you would have to believe the same thing about gravity, i.e., “I can’t see it, so it must not exist.”
I can see why you would get confused by the way they talk about it as fact. But nope. No evidence whatsoever. --Might as well say the occurrence is caused by distant alien life.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:14 AM   #102
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
A youtube video against a mainstream professors!? Conspiracy theory much?
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:32 AM   #103
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends
 
STBumpkin's Avatar
 
Livin' The Dream

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
A youtube video against a mainstream professors!? Conspiracy theory much?
Which is it? Is he a mainstream professor, or is he a maverick bucking the system? You can't have it both ways.
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #104
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
Which is it? Is he a mainstream professor, or is he a maverick bucking the system? You can't have it both ways.
Good catch.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:18 AM   #105
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
Which is it? Is he a mainstream professor, or is he a maverick bucking the system? You can't have it both ways.
Like a scientific black hole. He's whatever I want him to be.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #106
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends
 
STBumpkin's Avatar
 
Livin' The Dream

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
Like a scientific black hole. He's whatever I want him to be.
I can't tell if you're just intellectually dishonest or you don't understand what a black hole is. I'm going to guess willful ignorance.
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:53 AM   #107
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
I can't tell if you're just intellectually dishonest or you don't understand what a black hole is. I'm going to guess willful ignorance.
A black hole cannot be proven. There's far more evidence to support God than there is a black hole. (Man wrote the bible, man wrote about black holes) What is so hard for you to understand about it? Millions more people believe in religion than they do black holes. Untold number of people have claimed to see Gods/Aliens. Nobody has seen black holes.

You tell me who is intellectually dishonest.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #108
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends
 
STBumpkin's Avatar
 
Livin' The Dream

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
A black hole cannot be proven. There's far more evidence to support God than there is a black hole. (Man wrote the bible, man wrote about black holes) What is so hard for you to understand about it? Millions more people believe in religion than they do black holes. Untold number of people have claimed to see Gods/Aliens. Nobody has seen black holes.

You tell me who is intellectually dishonest.
Educated men and women standing on the shoulders of giants wrote about black holes, while uneducated Bedouins established the world's dominant religions.

Ad pupulum fallacy (right because it's popular) doesn't do it for me.

I don't care what people claim to see-that's not proof or data. What people perceive and think they see is often explained to be something else.

By it's nature, it is impossible to "see" a black hole since no light escapes it; similarly, you can't see wind. You can see both of their effects, though; stars orbiting a black hole like object, and leaves/dust blown by wind.

You aren't interested in even entertaining an idea that goes against your indoctrinated faith. It's a part of you and your identity and it is physically painful to go against that part of you. I get it, and there's no arguing with it so I'll stop.
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #109
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
A black hole cannot be proven. There's far more evidence to support God than there is a black hole. (Man wrote the bible, man wrote about black holes) What is so hard for you to understand about it? Millions more people believe in religion than they do black holes. Untold number of people have claimed to see Gods/Aliens. Nobody has seen black holes.

You tell me who is intellectually dishonest.
Before Uranus was discovered via prediction and telescopic observation, did it exist?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #110
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,493

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Before Uranus was discovered via prediction and telescopic observation, did it exist?
Depends on how old he is.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #111
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
1- Educated men and women standing on the shoulders of giants wrote about black holes, while uneducated Bedouins established the world's dominant religions.

2- Ad pupulum fallacy (right because it's popular) doesn't do it for me.

3- I don't care what people claim to see-that's not proof or data. What people perceive and think they see is often explained to be something else.

4- By it's nature, it is impossible to "see" a black hole since no light escapes it; similarly, you can't see wind. You can see both of their effects, though; stars orbiting a black hole like object, and leaves/dust blown by wind.

5 -You aren't interested in even entertaining an idea that goes against your indoctrinated faith. It's a part of you and your identity and it is physically painful to go against that part of you. I get it, and there's no arguing with it so I'll stop.
1- Giants!? Freudian slip

2- You sure. Black holes are only really popular in the scientific community.

3- Yet observation is the required proof. See how that works.

4- Why do people keep saying you can't see wind. Try using smoke. Or better yet look at the trees.

5- Nope. Just apply the same stringent requirements across the board. I could see that would be a problem for guys writing for paychecks.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #112
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Before Uranus was discovered via prediction and telescopic observation, did it exist?
Have you seen Uranus?
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #113
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
1- Giants!? Freudian slip

2- You sure. Black holes are only really popular in the scientific community.

3- Yet observation is the required proof. See how that works.

4- Why do people keep saying you can't see wind. Try using smoke. Or better yet look at the trees.

5- Nope. Just apply the same stringent requirements across the board. I could see that would be a problem for guys writing for paychecks.


Just out of curiosity, what do you think this is?

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-.../#.XFxjxrh7nIU

Obviously its not a giant invisible toilet sucking down a star.
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:06 AM   #114
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends
 
STBumpkin's Avatar
 
Livin' The Dream

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
Giants!? Freudian slip
It's a common saying that means building on past discoveries and knowledge. Perhaps you should check your own understanding of something before jumping to the conclusion that someone else made a mistake. It seems to be a pattern of behavior for you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standi...ders_of_giants
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #115
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
Have you seen Uranus?
Through a telescope, yes. The ancients had no idea it existed - or, if they had seen it, did not recognize it as a planet.

Kinda puts the spanner into your claims.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #116
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,493

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Through a telescope, yes. The ancients had no idea it existed
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #117
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Through a telescope, yes. The ancients had no idea it existed - or, if they had seen it, did not recognize it as a planet.

Kinda puts the spanner into your claims.
How so? Are you comparing planets in our solar system to black holes in the depths of the universe? Nobody needs a planet to explain huge missing gaps in BS theory.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:22 AM   #118
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
How so?
If something is "seen", you believe it real.

If something is not "seen", it cannot be real.

Uranus is something very real that wasn't seen until 1781.

Do you get the problem with your argument yet?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #119
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
If something is "seen", you believe it real.

If something is not "seen", it cannot be real.

Uranus is something very real that wasn't seen until 1781.

Do you get the problem with your argument yet?
What the hell are you talking about I must have just discovered wind for the world to see.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:35 AM   #120
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

This thread has gone into the ****ter.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #121
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
This thread has gone into the ****ter.
I wasn't the one that said you can't see wind. And I don't remember my stance against black holes is because you can't see them.

Black holes require faith. As one guy puts it..you really have to believe in those shoulders you're standing on.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #122
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,493

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
This thread has gone into the ****ter.
Actually the part where you took pride in finding Uranus with a telescope was pretty golden.

But that was probably just me.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #123
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends
 
STBumpkin's Avatar
 
Livin' The Dream

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
Black holes require faith. As one guy puts it..you really have to believe in those shoulders you're standing on.
No faith, just knowledge and understanding. You have to understand the knowledge and discoveries that came before. It's cool if you don't understand the science behind cosmology, but don't try to say that my understanding of it is faith. Faith is a crutch used when ideas can't stand on their own merits.

"Where there is evidence no one speaks of faith. You only invoke faith when substituting emotion for evidence (Bertrand Russell I think)."
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:17 PM   #124
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
No faith, just knowledge and understanding. You have to understand the knowledge and discoveries that came before. It's cool if you don't understand the science behind cosmology, but don't try to say that my understanding of it is faith. Faith is a crutch used when ideas can't stand on their own merits.

"Where there is evidence no one speaks of faith. You only invoke faith when substituting emotion for evidence (Bertrand Russell I think)."
Your logic is so full of irony. And to believe faith is fact... Enjoy trying to spot wind my friend.

Last edited by OmegaBronco13; 02-07-2019 at 12:51 PM..
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:19 PM   #125
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Actually the part where you took pride in finding Uranus with a telescope was pretty golden.

But that was probably just me.
Truly his eureka moment. It would have been awesome to see the checkmate in his mind.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Denver Broncos