The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2016, 10:00 PM   #151
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Do the calculation.

Show me you understand the most basic aspects of the science.

So far, you've shown nothing.
Sigh.

Are modern temperatures higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

Is modern sea level higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

Is the rate of change of both higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #152
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Someone told me that WAGS is one of the most intelligent posters on the Mane.... Right up until he types something and then the illusion is gone. I'm starting to understand what was meant by that.
Baby steps first.

At your rate, we'll get to undergrad level sometime late next decade.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:02 PM   #153
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Sigh.

Are modern temperatures higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

Is modern sea level higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

Is the rate of change of both higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?
You're not ready for those answers just yet.

Do the math, please. Simple and quite straightforward.

Demonstrate you get the basics, then we'll move on.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #154
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Baby steps first.

At your rate, we'll get to undergrad level sometime late next decade.
I know baby and kiddo things are what you respond to, but adults like to have honest discussions.

So, the questions you've dodged for two days.

Are modern temperatures higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

Is modern sea level higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

Is the rate of change of both higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

I'm going to bed. But, tomorrow while probably doing nothing at your tax payer funded job, why don't you do a little research and get back to me with the answers to those three questions.

Otherwise, why not step aside and let the adults continue the discussion.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:08 PM   #155
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I know baby and kiddo things are what you respond to, but adults like to have honest discussions.

So, the questions you've dodged for two days.

Are modern temperatures higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

Is modern sea level higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

Is the rate of change of both higher than they've been in the last five inter-glacial periods?

I'm going to bed. But, tomorrow while probably doing nothing at your tax payer funded job, why don't you do a little research and get back to me with the answers to those three questions.

Otherwise, why not step aside and let the adults continue the discussion.
Repeating the same logically-flawed questions doesn't make them correct.

You have a ton of work to do to even begin to appreciate why you're wrong.

I've tried to help you along, but you refuse.

That's not the adult way of doing things.

Man up, read the references I've provided and watch the Alley video, and do your homework.

I'll give you the weekend. That's expecting an awful lot of you, I know, but I'm willing to cut you some slack.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:10 AM   #156
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Repeating the same logically-flawed questions doesn't make them correct.

You have a ton of work to do to even begin to appreciate why you're wrong.

I've tried to help you along, but you refuse.

That's not the adult way of doing things.

Man up, read the references I've provided and watch the Alley video, and do your homework.

I'll give you the weekend. That's expecting an awful lot of you, I know, but I'm willing to cut you some slack.
By definition, a question cannot be logically flawed.

If anyone else wants to have a real discussion on this topic, let me know. This guy has no desire to do so.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #157
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Camaraderie-ship for all

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 53,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel
Default

Discuss: Manmade Climate Change and i will disagree and put fingers in my ears cause i am climate GOD!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #158
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
By definition, a question cannot be logically flawed.
Beg pardon?

You're trying to make the claim that because of past climate change, the current climate change cannot be anthropogenic.

That's the flaw.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #159
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Discuss: Manmade Climate Change and i will disagree and put fingers in my ears cause i am climate GOD!
Yep, dismissal of knowledge and expertise.

Next you'll be telling us that Stephen Hawking's views on cosmology aren't worthy of attention.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #160
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country
 
Cascadia Bronco's Avatar
 
That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 2,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
By definition, a question cannot be logically flawed.

If anyone else wants to have a real discussion on this topic, let me know. This guy has no desire to do so.
Why would anyone try with you because you dismiss any kind of information that isn't *exactly* the info you are looking. You have presented 0 facts or evidence on your side as well. No one wants to "debate" with you, because you won't listen to anything anyone is saying.
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #161
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Beg pardon?

You're trying to make the claim that because of past climate change, the current climate change cannot be anthropogenic.

That's the flaw.
Please show me where I made that claim in a question. You, sir, have a lot to learn about how a DISCUSSION works.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:36 AM   #162
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia Bronco View Post
Why would anyone try with you because you dismiss any kind of information that isn't *exactly* the info you are looking. You have presented 0 facts or evidence on your side as well. No one wants to "debate" with you, because you won't listen to anything anyone is saying.
Ok, what exactly have I not listened to or ignored in this thread?

You guys are so used to shouting past each other than you aren't even open to the idea of having a conversation.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #163
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Please show me where I made that claim in a question. You, sir, have a lot to learn about how a DISCUSSION works.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=154
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #164
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Ok, what exactly have I not listened to or ignored in this thread?
The Alley video.

And your homework.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #165
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

So you know how to post a link. I'm impressed. Now explain to me what claim I made in that post.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #166
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
So you know how to post a link. I'm impressed. Now explain to me what claim I made in that post.
You're claiming that the current changes in the climate system aren't anthropogenic.

You're wrong.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #167
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You're claiming that the current changes in the climate system aren't anthropogenic.

You're wrong.
Where did I claim that? I have not claimed that.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:23 PM   #168
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Where did I claim that? I have not claimed that.
You're angling to prove that.

Watch the Alley video and do your homework. Let's start at square one.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #169
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You're angling to prove that.

Watch the Alley video and do your homework. Let's start at square one.
No, I'm not. I'm "angling" for a real discussion, where people like you don't ASSume what the motives of a question are.

You are an extremely jaded person.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #170
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
No, I'm not. I'm "angling" for a real discussion, where people like you don't ASSume what the motives of a question are.

You are an extremely jaded person.
You think you've already got the answers. You're not being honest.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #171
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You think you've already got the answers. You're not being honest.
You think your God and know what I'm thinking. Newsflash, you aren't God and you are wrong.

You are just so jaded and not used to honest discussions, that you are assuming the worst.

So, do you want to have an open discussion or want to continue to assume, wrong, that you know what I'm thinking.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #172
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
You think your God and know what I'm thinking. Newsflash, you aren't God and you are wrong.

You are just so jaded and not used to honest discussions, that you are assuming the worst.

So, do you want to have an open discussion or want to continue to assume, wrong, that you know what I'm thinking.
It's pretty obvious what you believe based on your comments.

The reference to one of the hacked emails is a dead giveaway.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:06 PM   #173
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,903

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Man you two should just get a room together until yall figure this whole thing out. Then report back to us.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:06 PM   #174
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,858

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
It's pretty obvious what you believe based on your comments.

The reference to one of the hacked emails is a dead giveaway.
And you make a living off everyone believing the world is coming to an end. We all start with our biases, don't we?

I went and got the climate gate emails, which are real and point to less than above board practices, because you were being an insufferable tool.

As I've said, if you want to have an honest discussion, fine. Otherwise, say so, and stop repeating the same stuff over and over.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:07 PM   #175
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Man you two should just get a room together until yall figure this whole thing out. Then report back to us.
It's been figured out, by and large.

Some people refuse to accept that, that's all.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Denver Broncos