The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM   #126
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 17,425

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley
Default

There are exceptions to the rule, but I would not make this one. If Murray had 3 years experience, dominating, making progressions in the passing game, taking some hits, getting up, I'd feel a lot more comfortable about it. There are busts all the time coming from the big 12, the weakest defensive league of all P5 conferences. Kyler is short, albeit very talented with arms and legs, but we don't know how much of a nuanced passer he is and I wouldn't take that chance.

That being said, Lock seems to have a lot of talent but not sure if he is the answer either.

If I was Elway, I'd listen hard to Fangio, how he see's building this team. Seems to have a good head with loads of experience on how to best move forward and if he would jump on a weapon like Kyler at QB, he'd know how to best challenge good defenses.

I would be just as happy with the NC State kid or Duke QB in rd 2-4 if we feel good about them. Tom Brady just won his 6th SB. 6th round pick. You have to play the long game and build a good team. It's not all about how hard they throw or fast they run. So much in between that. Plus, the fact that somebody like him has never succeeded at the QB position speaks volumes. I'd follow the percentages on this one.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #127
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
There are exceptions to the rule, but I would not make this one. If Murray had 3 years experience, dominating, making progressions in the passing game, taking some hits, getting up, I'd feel a lot more comfortable about it. There are busts all the time coming from the big 12, the weakest defensive league of all P5 conferences. Kyler is short, albeit very talented with arms and legs, but we don't know how much of a nuanced passer he is and I wouldn't take that chance.

That being said, Lock seems to have a lot of talent but not sure if he is the answer either.

If I was Elway, I'd listen hard to Fangio, how he see's building this team. Seems to have a good head with loads of experience on how to best move forward and if he would jump on a weapon like Kyler at QB, he'd know how to best challenge good defenses.

I would be just as happy with the NC State kid or Duke QB in rd 2-4 if we feel good about them. Tom Brady just won his 6th SB. 6th round pick. You have to play the long game and build a good team. It's not all about how hard they throw or fast they run. So much in between that. Plus, the fact that somebody like him has never succeeded at the QB position speaks volumes. I'd follow the percentages on this one.
Murray also played behind the best O line in college football.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #128
505bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
505bronco's Avatar
 
ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Baker and Russ had NFL bodies, Murray is the same size as Cole Beasley.
Except Kyler has almost 3 inches on cole and 20 lbs.
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #129
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Except Kyler has almost 3 inches on cole and 20 lbs.
Beasly is 5’4”?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #130
505bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
505bronco's Avatar
 
ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Is that standing in the pocket or running around find a passing lane?
You know facts...your bias is hanging out again
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #131
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 13,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Except Kyler has almost 3 inches on cole and 20 lbs.
Looks like they are the same height.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #132
505bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
505bronco's Avatar
 
ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson
Default

[QUOTE=socalorado;5448324]Beasly is 5’4”? [/QUOTEha
I knew that tingle your vagina..
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #133
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20,963
Default

[QUOTE=505bronco;5448327]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Beasly is 5’4”? [/QUOTEha
I knew that tingle your vagina..
Murray could be a tampon. He’d easily fit into any standard vag.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #134
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 41,024
Default

We can dance around this all day and complain or argue the merits of the situation.

Kyler Murray as a prospect is better than anything we have at QB. I don't really care who we take.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #135
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 21,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Except Kyler has almost 3 inches on cole and 20 lbs.
5-11 194- Kyler vs 5-8 170ish- Beasley

Still not a huge difference either way.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #136
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 21,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
We can dance around this all day and complain or argue the merits of the situation.

Kyler Murray as a prospect is better than anything we have at QB. I don't really care who we take.
#QBNoMatterWhat
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #137
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 21,035
Default

Quote:

If only he said right now, that would cause more speculation but gonna be a wild 2 months heading into the draft.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #138
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 13,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
We can dance around this all day and complain or argue the merits of the situation.

Kyler Murray as a prospect is better than anything we have at QB. I don't really care who we take.
That’s not saying a lot. At the end of the day I don’t see Elway drafting Murray.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #139
505bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
505bronco's Avatar
 
ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson
Default

[QUOTE=socalorado;5448329]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post

Murray could be a tampon. He’d easily fit into any standard vag.
Especially one that gapes like yours does.....
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #140
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lucas TX
Posts: 3,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverdude View Post
Philip Lindsay, 5'8 190 lbs. He is still alive / Pro Bowler

Julian Edleman, 5'10 195. He is still alive. /Super Bowl MVP

Both of those players are hit hard, and A LOT.

This whole ''he is too small and will die" take is getting really old.
Lindsay, injured his hand??

I think there is a difference between lowering your body and anticipating a hit versus standing straight up making a pass and getting hammered by a DT going full steam.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #141
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20,963
Default

[QUOTE=505bronco;5448338]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post

Especially one that gapes like yours does.....
He could have a career on his little hands cleaning vags though.
If his daddy lets him.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #142
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 37,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
5-11 194- Kyler vs 5-8 170ish- Beasley

Still not a huge difference either way.
Murray is 5-11? If so, I guess the controversy is mostly over.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:32 PM   #143
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 21,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverdude View Post
Philip Lindsay, 5'8 190 lbs. He is still alive / Pro Bowler

Julian Edleman, 5'10 195. He is still alive. /Super Bowl MVP

Both of those players are hit hard, and A LOT.

This whole ''he is too small and will die" take is getting really old.
Difference in being a RB/WR that size, and a QB, like a massive ****ing difference.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #144
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 37,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverdude View Post
Philip Lindsay, 5'8 190 lbs. He is still alive / Pro Bowler

Julian Edleman, 5'10 195. He is still alive. /Super Bowl MVP

Both of those players are hit hard, and A LOT.

This whole ''he is too small and will die" take is getting really old.
Yeah, but those guys weren't drafted with top 10 draft picks and paid lots of money to be franchise QB's. Edelman was a 7th round pick, Lindsay wasn't drafted. Just a little more risk taking Murray.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #145
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 13,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
5-11 194- Kyler vs 5-8 170ish- Beasley

Still not a huge difference either way.
5’11”?!, he’ll be 6’4” come draft day.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usa...-oakland-a/amp

Quote:
Well, Mike Houck, Oklahoma’s assistant athletics director for strategic communications, took issue with that, and he tweeted Murray’s exact measured height from the beginning of the 2018 college football season, which is 5-foot-9 and 7/8 inches in socks.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #146
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 21,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Murray is 5-11? If so, I guess the controversy is mostly over.
Im going off google but.

Wikipedia has him 5-10, ESPN has him 5-10, and 247 recruiting site have him 5-10.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:15 PM   #147
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 34,124

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Im going off google but.

Wikipedia has him 5-10, ESPN has him 5-10, and 247 recruiting site have him 5-10.


He’s 5’9” IMO...people counting his hair length or what. That “7/8s” is stretching out that tape a bit. Thick socks.


Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #148
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 11,369
Default

pretty sure if he is under 5 10 they are going to take away his Heisman.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #149
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 37,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Im going off google but.

Wikipedia has him 5-10, ESPN has him 5-10, and 247 recruiting site have him 5-10.
Yeah, which means he's 5-10 or less. And bet the under.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:27 PM   #150
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 34,124

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Pretty funny read by OU fans before last season.

https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/s...yler-murray-is
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Denver Broncos