The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2019, 11:54 PM   #1
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default Marianne Williamson Announces Her Candidacy for the Presidency

All of you knee jerk reactionaries and whiners and me first libertards need to watch this feisty woman tell it the way it is. The truth about America ain't pretty. But only by recognizing the reality can we transform this place.

Marianne Williamson Announces Her Candidacy for the Presidency

Marianne Williamson is best known as a self-help, spiritual author who has sold three million books. She ran as an independent for Congress in California in 2014. Now, she is running for president as a Democrat.

Standing in front of an enormous American flag, Williamson gave a forty-minute, emotionally-charged speech. Besides her gathered supporters in the 2,500 seat arena, roughly 3,300 viewers watched the speech via live streaming.

Speaking without notes or apparently any teleprompter, Williamson spoke extensively about her parents and the inspirational advice she received from them.

“My father never let us forget to really see. He would always say don’t just look, really see,” she said.

Encouraging American voters to change their perceptions and “really see” became a central theme of the speech in its second half.

“I don’t want to do this to waste my time and I don’t want to do this to waste your time,” she explained. “Something bigger has to happen than just electing someone president.

“I’m asking for you to join with me for a year of talking about things that matter.

“Let’s talk about waging peace and not just prepare for war.

“Let’s talk about what it means to have a massive realignment in the direction of America’s children.

“Let’s talk about what it means…to wage economic and racial justice in America.

“Let’s talk about what it would actually end mass incarceration.

“Let’s talk about what it would actually mean to fight climate change.

“And let’s take responsibility for the fact that none of that’s going to happen unless all of us rise up.”
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2019, 05:49 AM   #2
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends

Livin' The Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Basically the same as any other announcement speech, but the fact that she's a "self-help, spiritual author" means she makes a living selling snake oil to vulnerable people.

That's a hard no.
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:51 AM   #3
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

She sold three million books.

der traitor gaffo-troll has sold 30.

He's envious.

PS - She's Jewish. Ooops.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:22 AM   #4
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Pass
OleNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default talking to the smartest person in the room...

I see I triggered some of you.

I came on this board back in 2006 because it was apparent that most of you needed someone to get in his face -- with the inconvenient facts about our nation. I took on that thankless role... and why? Well probably in part because I'm a glutton for punishment.

All joking side, I like what this woman is saying. She's talking the inconvenient truths that you need to hear.

The women are on the march in our country. Can you handle it?

Here is a posting rom Ms Williamson's website: Marianne2020

These are noble words...

People think politics is so ugly, and part of it is. But there is something else there too, when we allow it to unfold. Something noble and very meaningful. As someone who has been speaking to audiences consistently for thirty-five years, I have seen something wonderful happens when people sit together in a room and consider the most significant questions about their common existence.

My father was a lawyer, and he always said that you should speak to the smartest person on the jury. I have had the good fortune in my career of seeing people at their best— not necessarily when they were at their happiest, but when they were at their deepest and most real. Whether counseling a single person or a couple or talking to a large audience, I have been with people in that place—everyone knows it, we’ve all been there—where life is serious and hushed and true, even when painful. Gandhi said that “politics should be sacred,” and I agree. We should participate in politics with the same level of consciousness we bring to love and therapy, parenting and all of our most important and meaningful pursuits. We should bring all of ourselves to politics. We should bring our hearts and minds and deepest dedication to something bigger than ourselves. Politics is very, very serious business in a country as big and powerful as ours; when we get it right, it can be a beautiful thing, but when we get it wrong, it can be a terrible thing. And we are all responsible for that. With every election, with every campaign, we are deciding something extremely important. We are deciding what is possibly the fate of millions, the fate of the earth, even perhaps the fate of humanity. If that is not a sacred charge, I cannot imagine what is.

Americans are a good and decent people, no different than people anywhere else. Although fear and bigotry have been harnessed for political purposes, we have love and decency we can harness too. But first we must find and harness it within ourselves. We all have to look at ourselves and check our judgments at the door now. A smug, self-righteous, intolerant left-winger is no less dangerous to the emotional fabric of this nation than a smug, self-righteous, intolerant right-winger. A non-violent revolution begins with facing, and surrendering, the violence within ourselves.

What’s going to save this country is a massive revival of spirit among the American people. We must be willing to love our country and to love each other. I’ve seen how the energy in a room can change profoundly when we drop into our hearts for a meaningful, sober, sincere conversation about things that matter most. The political atmosphere shifts when the spiritual atmosphere shifts, and that is as true among the masses as it is in a small room. On the level of the heart, there is no separation. There is only love. I have witnessed and experienced what happens when love has joined two people’s hearts together. I have also witnessed and experienced what happens when love has joined two thousand.

That is the kind of social movement that America needs now; not a community of hate but a community of love. All the great social justice movements in America’s history have been born out of religious and spiritual communities, because that which is truly spiritual takes love seriously. Abolition arose from the early Evangelicals and Quakers; the civil rights movement was founded by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a Baptist preacher and leader of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Catholics and Jews and others have been profound supporters throughout our history of the causes that uplift humanity. Today’s religious and spiritual communities should not be standing on the periphery either, but rather we should be the biggest grownups in the room. We should address social, political, and economic issues from a higher level of consciousness. If you know how to heal one heart, then you’re the one who knows how to heal the world.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends

Livin' The Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
I see I triggered some of you.

I came on this board back in 2006 because it was apparent that most of you needed someone to get in his face -- with the inconvenient facts about our nation. I took on that thankless role... and why? Well probably in part because I'm a glutton for punishment.

All joking side, I like what this woman is saying. She's talking the inconvenient truths that you need to hear.

The women are on the march in our country. Can you handle it?

Here is a posting rom Ms Williamson's website: Marianne2020

These are noble words...

People think politics is so ugly, and part of it is. But there is something else there too, when we allow it to unfold. Something noble and very meaningful. As someone who has been speaking to audiences consistently for thirty-five years, I have seen something wonderful happens when people sit together in a room and consider the most significant questions about their common existence.

My father was a lawyer, and he always said that you should speak to the smartest person on the jury. I have had the good fortune in my career of seeing people at their best— not necessarily when they were at their happiest, but when they were at their deepest and most real. Whether counseling a single person or a couple or talking to a large audience, I have been with people in that place—everyone knows it, we’ve all been there—where life is serious and hushed and true, even when painful. Gandhi said that “politics should be sacred,” and I agree. We should participate in politics with the same level of consciousness we bring to love and therapy, parenting and all of our most important and meaningful pursuits. We should bring all of ourselves to politics. We should bring our hearts and minds and deepest dedication to something bigger than ourselves. Politics is very, very serious business in a country as big and powerful as ours; when we get it right, it can be a beautiful thing, but when we get it wrong, it can be a terrible thing. And we are all responsible for that. With every election, with every campaign, we are deciding something extremely important. We are deciding what is possibly the fate of millions, the fate of the earth, even perhaps the fate of humanity. If that is not a sacred charge, I cannot imagine what is.

Americans are a good and decent people, no different than people anywhere else. Although fear and bigotry have been harnessed for political purposes, we have love and decency we can harness too. But first we must find and harness it within ourselves. We all have to look at ourselves and check our judgments at the door now. A smug, self-righteous, intolerant left-winger is no less dangerous to the emotional fabric of this nation than a smug, self-righteous, intolerant right-winger. A non-violent revolution begins with facing, and surrendering, the violence within ourselves.

What’s going to save this country is a massive revival of spirit among the American people. We must be willing to love our country and to love each other. I’ve seen how the energy in a room can change profoundly when we drop into our hearts for a meaningful, sober, sincere conversation about things that matter most. The political atmosphere shifts when the spiritual atmosphere shifts, and that is as true among the masses as it is in a small room. On the level of the heart, there is no separation. There is only love. I have witnessed and experienced what happens when love has joined two people’s hearts together. I have also witnessed and experienced what happens when love has joined two thousand.

That is the kind of social movement that America needs now; not a community of hate but a community of love. All the great social justice movements in America’s history have been born out of religious and spiritual communities, because that which is truly spiritual takes love seriously. Abolition arose from the early Evangelicals and Quakers; the civil rights movement was founded by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a Baptist preacher and leader of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Catholics and Jews and others have been profound supporters throughout our history of the causes that uplift humanity. Today’s religious and spiritual communities should not be standing on the periphery either, but rather we should be the biggest grownups in the room. We should address social, political, and economic issues from a higher level of consciousness. If you know how to heal one heart, then you’re the one who knows how to heal the world.
What a pompous post. You're not here for anyone of us. You're here because you love not only to be right, but to be the only one who is right. You love to be the guy with the super secret inside knowledge that you gleaned from your super smart and insightful research. Bull****. You're a charlatan.
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
What a pompous post. You're not here for anyone of us. You're here because you love not only to be right, but to be the only one who is right. You love to be the guy with the super secret inside knowledge that you gleaned from your super smart and insightful research. Bull****. You're a charlatan.
Not to mention, a Putin troll.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #8
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

The unappreciated Messiah act of der traitor gaffo-troll's.

Seen it.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:20 PM   #9
orinjkrush

When in doubt....jump!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mcmanus

I want the superior intellects in the world to tell me what to do. WIN!
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:37 PM   #10
SVine
Ring of Famer

Broncos 2017!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Does she support universal health care? Does she support education for all from pre-k through the first two years of college? Does she support a progressive tax system that would be necessary to pay for needed services? Does she believe climate change has dire consequences for the entire world as is largely influenced by humans?

Stop with the bull**** and answer the real questions.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #11
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
Does she support universal health care? Does she support education for all from pre-k through the first two years of college? Does she support a progressive tax system that would be necessary to pay for needed services? Does she believe climate change has dire consequences for the entire world as is largely influenced by humans?

Stop with the bull**** and answer the real questions.
Yes.

Watch the video!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:37 AM   #12
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
No, I'm here to get in your face with shyte you can't handle.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #13
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
No, I'm here to get in your face with shyte you can't handle.
What's Venus?

(Shyte you can't handle).