The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #276
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Rep. Vincente Gonzalez (D-Texas) tore into President Donald Trump’s fake narrative that U.S. border towns are lawless frontiers, declaring that they’re “safer than any city the president has ever lived in.”

The border town of McAllen, Texas ― population 145,000 ― in Gonzalez’s district didn’t have a single homicide last year, the congressman pointed out in an interview Saturday on MSNBC.

“The reality is McAllen is one of the safest cities in America,” Gonzalez said. “In fact, we’re the seventh safest city in America. We had zero murders the year of 2018.”

He added: “I can assure you McAllen is safer than any city the president has ever lived in. It’s much safer than New York City, it’s much safer than Washington, D.C. I could walk around the middle of the night in the city of McAllen without a single threat. ... This campaign rhetoric that has continued for two years really needs to stop. People need to look at FBI stats and reality.”

Gonzalez encouraged Trump to visit cities that actually have high crime rates, naming Detroit and Little Rock, Arkansas, and to focus “spending efforts to ... lower crime rates in areas that really need it.”

A major report on crime in Texas Monthly in 2015 deemed the border towns of the Rio Grande Valley as “extremely safe.”

Border counties, regardless of population, have lower rates for homicides, violent crime and property crimes than non-border counties in the nation, according to FBI crime statistics for 2017.

Gonzalez first elected to the House in 2016, said Trump’s rhetoric” is based on fallacy that he’s fed to his right-wing base that seem to eat it up.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0eec79b24089a
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #277
TonyR
Franchise Poster

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #278
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

“El Paso Fire Department just told us that Trump’s statement about them allowing 10,000 people inside is incorrect,” wrote Zahira Torres of the El Paso Times. “Spokesman says coliseum holds 6,500 and that is how many were allowed in building.”

At O’Rourke’s rally, on the other hand, police estimated a crowd of “10,000 to 15,000” people.

In other words, the crowd Trump mocked was bigger than his own rally.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #279
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #280
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Old 02-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #281
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

President Donald Trump said Friday that Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has nominated him for a Nobel Peace Prize because Trump said he made Japan “feel safe” after his negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

He “gave me the most beautiful copy of a letter that he sent to the people who give out a thing called the Nobel Prize,” Trump said during his announcement that he was declaring a national emergency at the southern border. “I have nominated you, respectfully, on behalf of Japan, I am asking them to give you the Nobel Peace Prize,” he added, apparently quoting the prime minister.

Trump complained that he didn’t expect to win the award — even though Barack Obama was granted the Peace Prize in 2009. But “that’s OK,” he said.

“They gave it to Obama. He didn’t even know what he got it for. He was there for about 15 seconds and he got the Nobel Prize,” Trump groused in the Rose Garden. “He said, ‘Oh, what did I get it for?’ With me, I probably will never get it.”

The president was nominated for the prize in 2017 and 2018, but the Nobel Committee determined that both nominations were “forged.” Olav Njolstad, secretary of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, said last year that investigators believe the same person assumed the identity of the same qualified nominator in both instances. The information was turned over to local police, Njolstad told The New York Times, and investigators reached out to the FBI. No other details were provided.

HuffPost reached out to the Japanese Embassy in Washington and the consulate in New York, but officials had not responded by late Friday.

An official from the Japanese Embassy in Washington told Kyodo News that there would be no comment, The Japan Times reported. Another embassy official told Japan Today that he had no knowledge of such a letter from Abe.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b033a79942d86d

"...the people who give out a thing called the Nobel Prize."

BTW, I think this is the third time that Trump has strongly hinted that he wants a Nobel.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #282
gob1gred
Grinder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Lol That is a good one. Well done!
gob1gred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #283
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Now it appears that Japan's PM nominated Trump for a Nobel because "Washington" asked him to. And now Trump acts surprised and says, "OMG! I've been nominated for this thing called a Nobel Prize! Imagine that?"

Government sources told Asahi, one of Japan’s oldest and largest national newspapers, that Abe nominated Trump last fall for the peace prize at the “behest of Washington.” The U.S. had “informally” asked Japan to nominate Trump for the accolade following the president’s landmark summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the newspaper said, citing unnamed sources.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/japan...140034783.html