The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #5076
v2micca
This is the Water
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
and this is the well.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Seattle has a tried and true winning formula and I'm shocked, shocked that more teams don't follow this rather simple winning fromula--including the Broncos.

1. Fanstastic defense (shuts other team down, creates turnovers)
2. Excellent running game (gets first downs, scores TDs in redzone)

That's pretty much it.
.

Yep, it was the same formula that New England rode to 3 superbowl championships back in the early part of the century. People forget, Tom Brady didn't really begin to morph into TOM BRADY until around the '05 season. Before that, he was much like Russell Wilson, a smart effective game manager that added enough value to a good team to put them over the top.

Its not the only way to win a Superbowl, but it is one of the proven effective methods.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #5077
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,339

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Alex smith produced 4 3 and outs in that same 1st half.

I guess the SD pass rush was responsible for that too?
No it was Charles got hurt, Smith had a backup he couldn't hit because he had no practice with him(only applies to Alex Smith), WR dropped many balls and the ravens 2000 2.0 defense sucked which meant Alex got tired. It's everyone else's fault.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #5078
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
1. Fanstastic defense (shuts other team down, creates turnovers)
2. Excellent running game (gets first downs, scores TDs in redzone)

That's pretty much it.
That's all?
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #5079
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
No it was Charles got hurt, Smith had a backup he couldn't hit because he had no practice with him(only applies to Alex Smith), WR dropped many balls and the ravens 2000 2.0 defense sucked which meant Alex got tired. It's everyone else's fault.
Yeah it's Alex's fault the defense gave up a 28 pt lead. Stick with that.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #5080
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Didnt seem to help. But it's only because of who wasn't on the field right? 6 defensive starters out for Denver. But that's no excuse eh?
The Broncos lost by 35 points and got ass raped mentally and physically. The Chiefs lost by one point.

Your starters wouldn't have made that much of a difference that game.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #5081
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 27,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Broncos lost by 35 points and got ass raped mentally and physically. The Chiefs lost by one point.

Your starters wouldn't have made that much of a difference that game.
and chargers still would've swept.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #5082
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
and chargers still would've swept.
Facts say otherwise. But you're not really into facts that cripple your argument.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #5083
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 27,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Facts say otherwise. But you're not really into facts that cripple your argument.
You're going off what ifs!!


Fact is your team isn't good enough to overcome a non QB injury.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-09-2014 at 03:18 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #5084
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
You're going off what ifs!!


Fact is your team isn't good enough to overcome a non QB injury.
You're an idiot who can't respond to the facts presented bc you know you're wrong.

Fact is your team got raped and no amount of starters you gained back that day would have changed that fate.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #5085
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,393

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You're an idiot who can't respond to the facts presented bc you know you're wrong.

Fact is your team got raped and no amount of starters you gained back that day would have changed that fate.
I don't think this word means what you think it means.

Conjecture - that's the word you are looking for.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #5086
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure is an Option for VJ

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 51,987

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Broncos lost by 35 points and got ass raped mentally and physically. The Chiefs lost by one point.

Your starters wouldn't have made that much of a difference that game.
Only because they ran out of time, the way that was going the ass raping wouldn't have stopped.

Teams are supposed to win with a 28 point lead deep into the 3rd quarter. One point or 35, doesn't make a difference.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #5087
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 27,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You're an idiot who can't respond to the facts presented bc you know you're wrong.

Fact is your team got raped and no amount of starters you gained back that day would have changed that fate.
See now you're just mad.

Keep whining and crying boy!


Maybe one day your team can beat manning and the broncos. Till then keep punching your keyboard with hysterics.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-09-2014 at 03:34 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #5088
boltaneer
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I agree. Hopefully your team can bank on playing our backups so they can beat us like both times we faced you last year.

People make fun of the Chiefs for playing backup QB's. You barely beat us both times with backups at the most important positions on our team in both games.
I guess the Chargers had all 22 starters for both games, right?
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #5089
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure is an Option for VJ

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 51,987

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You're an idiot who can't respond to the facts presented bc you know you're wrong.

Fact is your team got raped and no amount of starters you gained back that day would have changed that fate.
You are wrong there. We may have still lost but it would not have been a blowout.

After the 1st 3 scoring drives the Seathugs had only 8 points to show for it. With Von Miller, Chris Harris, Moore, Wolf, and the others we would have been able to get stops on D and keep guys fresh giving the O more touches to figure things out.

Finally if you think that the Broncos didn't miss Ryan Clady in the SB you are a bigger fool than I figured you for.

A couple of those turnovers likely wouldn't have been forced. Manning would have had more time and only one side to worry about the rush from.

This would have been a totally different game if Denver had their full complement.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #5090
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 15,681

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I would love to draft a first round QB, but good one's rarely come around. There doesn't appear to be one worth the pick the last 2 years.

Maybe JFF, but idk.
Teddy Bridgewater.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #5091
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 15,681

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You're an idiot who can't respond to the facts presented bc you know you're wrong.

Fact is your team got raped and no amount of starters you gained back that day would have changed that fate.
They probably still lose but it's much closer with all the injured guys healthy in there.

I dont know if Wilson was hit that game, he could take a **** and still throw the ball.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #5092
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I guess the Chargers had all 22 starters for both games, right?
Yeah, no kidding.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #5093
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 
Deadbeat Coach

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Broncos lost by 35 points and got ass raped mentally and physically. The Chiefs lost by one point.

Your starters wouldn't have made that much of a difference that game.
And we can sit here and say, you are probably correct that it wouldn't have mattered that day.

See there's the difference between us and you.


Fact, Denver has swept KC 2 years running now. Fact, KC only beat one team in the AFCW.......the Faiders........ Fact, Alex Smith is only a mediocre QB on a mediocre team. Fact, I hope to hell that KC ponies up 20+ million a year for Alice.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #5094
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
See now you're just mad.

Keep whining and crying boy!


Maybe one day your team can beat manning and the broncos. Till then keep punching your keyboard with hysterics.
Maybe one day you can not get your asses raped by the Seahawks. But keep crying!



"um um starters would have made the 35 point difference!"
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #5095
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 
Deadbeat Coach

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I guess the Chargers had all 22 starters for both games, right?
It doesn't count. You're not the KC CantBeChiefs.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #5096
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I guess the Chargers had all 22 starters for both games, right?
They certainly didn't start their entire B team like we did and still struggle to win after a missed FG.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #5097
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 
Deadbeat Coach

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
They certainly didn't start their entire B team like we did and still struggle to win after a missed FG.
, now it goes from just the edge rushers to the entire starting team being out.


You just can't make this shlt up everyday and not be a quief fan.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #5098
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I guess the Chargers had all 22 starters for both games, right?
let's play your game!

"I guess the Chiefs had all 22 starters for the games they beat back up QB's, right?"
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #5099
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 
Deadbeat Coach

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
let's play your game!

"I guess the Chiefs had all 22 starters for the games they beat back up QB's, right?"
, now dud is throwing a hissy fit.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #5100
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Let's Go Broncos!!!

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: filling the cups... lol
Posts: 35,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Maybe one day you can not get swept by the Chargers. But keep crying!



"um um starters would have made the difference!"
Fixed your post.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Denver Broncos