The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #126
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You don't though. As I just tried to point out to you in my previous post:

You reject the notion that Trump is a liar, a notion that has a lot of evidential support, while saying this, which has none.


You cling to your idealized reality, rather than actual reality.
How so?

Make a substantiated point. Iím willing to discuss...
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #127
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
How so?

Make a substantiated point. Iím willing to discuss...
My "substantiated point" has already been made. There is ample evidence of Trump's dishonesty, and zero evidence of your goofy idea that he's "accepted Jesus". Stop dodging and take your medicine.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #128
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
My "substantiated point" has already been made. There is ample evidence of Trump's dishonesty, and zero evidence of your goofy idea that he's "accepted Jesus". Stop dodging and take your medicine.
Lol...I love it when you guys validate yourselves. That doesnít work.

Have you & I lied in our lives? Yes.

Does that keep you from salvation in Jesus? No.

Do you have lots of CNN shows and articles disparaging Trump? Gee...who would guess that.

Why would President Trump oppose abortion and even come out and say his objective was to overturn Roe v Wade?
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #129
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,590

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Why would President Trump oppose abortion and even come out and say his objective was to overturn Roe v Wade?
To get the support of morons like you.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #130
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Lol...I love it when you guys validate yourselves. That doesnít work.

Have you & I lied in our lives? Yes.

Does that keep you from salvation in Jesus? No.

Do you have lots of CNN shows and articles disparaging Trump? Gee...who would guess that.

Why would President Trump oppose abortion and even come out and say his objective was to overturn Roe v Wade?
Lol @ the whole thing, but particularly the bolded. Do you really not know the answer to this question? If not, you're really out of your depth in this discussion.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #131
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
The thief on the cross made it:

Itís not about good works, itís about faith in Jesus.

Luke 23:39-43 King James Version (KJV)

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
I donít think you have a clue about what you read.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #132
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
To get the support of morons like you.
He would be a net negative on overall support likely.

He is doing it because he believes it is the right thing to do despite the angry opposition.

That shows integrity & courage.
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #133
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Lol @ the whole thing, but particularly the bolded. Do you really not know the answer to this question? If not, you're really out of your depth in this discussion.
You guys love to call names with no validity of argument. Makes me chuckle you would be at that level of frustration already.

If your point is heís done it for evangelical support then you my friend are out of your depth.

He would be at a net negative for this stance.

He is doing the right thing despite the difficulty in doing so.

Resiliency.
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #134
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I donít think you have a clue about what you read.
Iím quite sure I do.

You failed to make a point.
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #135
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
You guys love to call names with no validity of argument. Makes me chuckle you would be at that level of frustration already.

If your point is heís done it for evangelical support then you my friend are out of your depth.

He would be at a net negative for this stance.

He is doing the right thing despite the difficulty in doing so.

Resiliency.
My position has far more "validity" than yours, as I'm now pointing out for the 3rd time. Let me explain, I suggest you read it slowly and carefully: there are dozens and dozens of examples of Trump being dishonest. There are quotes, there is video. I'm not sure why you aren't aware of this. Now, regarding your claim, that he has "accepted Jesus", lol, there is zero evidence. None. You're in denial, Tonyels. I'm not arguing with you here. I'm telling you.

And of course he's doing it for evangelical support. That's a large part of his base. You seriously don't understand this politics thing even a little bit, do you? This is also very clear cut, with no wiggle room for your position.

Last edited by TonyR; 07-12-2018 at 11:32 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #136
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,590

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
He would be a net negative on overall support likely.

He is doing it because he believes it is the right thing to do despite the angry opposition.

That shows integrity & courage.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #137
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,590

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Iím quite sure I do.
Of course you are...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #138
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,590

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson
Default

Tonyels:

Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #139
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 76,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
What is your spiritual belief? Iím not afraid to compare notes.

Tell us about you.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:16 PM   #140
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Due west

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Sure. Trump is a Christian. People are allowed to classify themselves any way they want.

If your question is whether Trump believes in actually following the ways of Jesus.... HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #141
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 83,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Lol @ the whole thing, but particularly the bolded. Do you really not know the answer to this question? If not, you're really out of your depth in this discussion.


He gets that a lot.

Thumperella isn't even bright enough to understand he's embarrassing himself here.

The poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #142
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 83,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
You guys love to call names with no validity of argument.
Your SOP:

You're presented with logically sound arguments.

You respond with "you haven't presented a valid argument."

You ask a question, and receive a comprehensive answer.

You respond with "you never answered my question."

Rinse, repeat...

What's left for your opponent to do except shake his head and say "damn, this guy is a moron?"
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #143
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
My position has far more "validity" than yours, as I'm now pointing out for the 3rd time. Let me explain, I suggest you read it slowly and carefully: there are dozens and dozens of examples of Trump being dishonest. There are quotes, there is video. I'm not sure why you aren't aware of this. Now, regarding your claim, that he has "accepted Jesus", lol, there is zero evidence. None. You're in denial, Tonyels. I'm not arguing with you here. I'm telling you.

And of course he's doing it for evangelical support. That's a large part of his base. You seriously don't understand this politics thing even a little bit, do you? This is also very clear cut, with no wiggle room for your position.
You are endorsing yourself. Maybe you could win a popularity contest here st OM, but that has no bearing on truth.

You say you have many examples. Are they from objective resources? If you have so many, letís just start w one.

Your evangelical vote argument is a poor one. One would not start out with political aspirations and use this strategy to capture the vote. He was many times coached to move to a centrist position.

Here is s poll which shows the public at large against such a measure.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...-supreme-court

Possibly you could argue it plays to his base, but it hurts him more overall from a pure numbers standpoint.

That said, heís doing the right thing to overturn 600,000 murders a year.

Think you President Trump!
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #144
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Sure. Trump is a Christian. People are allowed to classify themselves any way they want.

If your question is whether Trump believes in actually following the ways of Jesus.... HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Since Jesus himself said lust is the same as adultery, and anger the same as murder, this would disqualify everyone.

Thatís the Bibleís point:

Romans 3

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesu
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #145
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post


He gets that a lot.

Thumperella isn't even bright enough to understand he's embarrassing himself here.

The poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect.
I get that from this crew because you donít have valid points.

Persons not having substance require another tactic. They also tend towards Ďgroup thinkí and juvenile tendencies.
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #146
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Due west

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Since Jesus himself said lust is the same as adultery, and anger the same as murder, this would disqualify everyone.

Thatís the Bibleís point:

Romans 3

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesu
I don't think you read very well.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #147
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Due west

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
I get that from this crew because you donít have valid points.

Persons not having substance require another tactic. They also tend towards Ďgroup thinkí and juvenile tendencies.
Man, you really should consider getting that proverbial mirror to look in.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #148
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Your SOP:

You're presented with logically sound arguments.

You respond with "you haven't presented a valid argument."

You ask a question, and receive a comprehensive answer.

You respond with "you never answered my question."

Rinse, repeat...

What's left for your opponent to do except shake his head and say "damn, this guy is a moron?"
You guys validate yourselves. Circular. Invalid.

You call names.

You incorrectly quote scripture out of context.

You donít understand salvation in Jesus.

You generalize things without proof such as ĎTrump lies a lotí oríhe scares meí

These are not objective or valid points. Sorry TP.

You are up to your old games.

Name one valid point. There is not one which hasnít been thoroughly refuted.
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #149
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 17,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Well, I think it's time to move on. This thread is just becoming endless pages of Tonyeles trying to preach his religion.

As I stated before in many posts, I do think most Republicans are fine with most of the policies Trump has adopted since becoming a Republican himself, but don't necessarily like the person who Trump is. He's shown too many times in his past that he's a liar, cheater, scumbag in general and if he wasn't wearing an 'R' on his lapel, I think most Republicans here would have nothing good to say about him. But because he is on team 'R' they feel they have to defend him at some level, I get that part. I don't agree with it, but I do understand it.

I seriously do hope he's out in 2 more years. I hope Democrats can find somebody who's more center viewed than Bernie. And I hope the Republican party can clean out the trash in their party and get candidates that are more centered also. Everybody needs to come closer together, not further apart. Come to the center, it's a nice place to be.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #150
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 83,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
You guys validate yourselves. Circular. Invalid.

You call names.

You incorrectly quote scripture out of context.

You donít understand salvation in Jesus.

You generalize things without proof such as ĎTrump lies a lotí oríhe scares meí

These are not objective or valid points. Sorry TP.

You are up to your old games.

Name one valid point. There is not one which hasnít been thoroughly refuted.
Your problem is obvious...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Denver Broncos