The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't know about you, but when I see Trump I immediately think of Jesus.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #52
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm guessing he believes Trump's a lifelong pro-lifer as well.

As opposed to, you know, opportunistically checking as many new boxes as the most gullible will allow.
What was the Apostle Paul before conversion?

A murderer of Christians.

Took years for apostles to accept him.

Odd choice in a human mind to spread the gospel, but not in God’s.

What if God is using Him as He did Paul.

Acts 9

13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. 14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”
Tonyels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #53
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
Maybe if the Apostles could meme they would have had one about the Apostle Paul.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #54
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Haha, good one.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #55
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Trump? "This is my commandment: Grab them by the p***Y!"
Being a Christian doesn’t mean you never sinned.

Also most believe he accepted Jesus after the incident you are referring to.

I can’t say because Only God knows.

But what you are saying, while it may be a regrettable action, it would not disqualify Him from being saved by Jesus.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #56
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Christian means too many things. The Bible says there are those who claim to be Christians who won’t be saved.

I believe this scripture will answer your question:

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”e 12

I don’t claim or believe in denominations. Just Jesus for me. He is the son of God, came to earth, died for my sins, rose again and sits at the right hand of the Father we’ve been discussing.

I’m anxious to go home ✝️
I think this is a very narrow way of looking at it. I think believing in him also entails being a "follower", and being a follower entails living and loving in a Christ-like manner. It seems to me you're trying to find the easy way out.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #57
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Yeah sure...he's a "Christian"...so is David Duke.
Jesus was not a Republican you dummy.

"By their fruits ye shall know them."-- Jesus, Matt 7:20

Better read a little more of that Bible. You seem to be pretty ignorant of it.
Which action by Trump in your mind disqualifies him from Jesus?
Old 07-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #58
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What was the Apostle Paul before conversion?
What did the Apostle Paul have to gain from his conversion?

Other than, you know, loss of friends, status, general harassment, official punishment, martyrdom, etc.

Let's not pretend the Donald's sudden faith led to him selling all his possessions. leaving his friends and family, and following in the Lord's footsteps day to day.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #59
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
I think this is a very narrow way of looking at it. I think believing in him also entails being a "follower", and being a follower entails living and loving in a Christ-like manner. It seems to me you're trying to find the easy way out.
Are you meaning because you can just say a prayer and basically have ‘fire’ insurance?

If so, it’s more difficult than that. You confess with your mouth, but also believe in your heart.

When you do that God uses the Holy Spirit to bring you through a process.

Having been through it and still being refined every day, it’s far from easy.

I can see how you might say that if you didn’t have a more thorough understanding.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #60
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

https://www.christianpost.com/news/d...veness-141706/

Donald Trump: 'I'm Not Sure If I Ever Asked God's Forgiveness'

Quote:
Moderator Frank Luntz asked Trump on Saturday if he had ever sought God's forgiveness and Trump replied, "I'm not sure I have ever asked God's forgiveness. I don't bring God into that picture."
Guy sounds just like the Apostle Paul!
Old 07-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #61
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
What did the Apostle Paul have to gain from his conversion?

Other than, you know, loss of friends, status, general harassment, official punishment, martyrdom, etc.

Let's not pretend the Donald's sudden faith led to him selling all his possessions. leaving his friends and family, and following in the Lord's footsteps day to day.
Seriously?

If I did it you could say I wanted to be rich or famous.

He already is both of those. He went from being popular to the target of every liberal and also catching friendly fire.

I believe he’s taking on a lot of grief.

God may be using this to refine him and show some past sins.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #62
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
https://www.christianpost.com/news/d...veness-141706/

Donald Trump: 'I'm Not Sure If I Ever Asked God's Forgiveness'

Guy sounds just like the Apostle Paul!
Because he needs to tell Frank and not Jesus right? And if he said he did, how would that turn out? I wouldn’t release my private faith in that forum either.

Consider King David after his sin of adultery & murder: Psalm 51:

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #63
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Quote:
20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
What "fruits" are dropping from Cheetolini?
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #64
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Seriously?

If I did it you could say I wanted to be rich or famous.

He already is both of those. He went from being popular to the target of every liberal and also catching friendly fire.

I believe he’s taking on a lot of grief.

God may be using this to refine him and show some past sins.
Donald's ego led him to want to be President. His lack of basic moral qualification and the consequences thereof do NOT make him any kind of martyr.

He's seen attacks that are unfair, sure. Every President does. But you trying to sheathe him in the faith because of it only contaminates it.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #65
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
Most evangelical Christians have been duped. This is used car salesman level stuff here. You've been sold a lemon!
Millions of future baby’s may thank him.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #66
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Because he needs to tell Frank and not Jesus right? And if he said he did, how would that turn out? I wouldn’t release my private faith in that forum either.

Consider King David after his sin of adultery & murder: Psalm 51:

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
Have you ever heard Donald Trump confess any level of sin or ask for any level of forgiveness?
Old 07-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #67
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Further to my point that more is "expected" than just saying you believe:

16 Just then, a man came up to Jesus and inquired, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to obtain eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask Me about what is good?” Jesus replied, “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” the man asked.

Jesus answered, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, 19 honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

20 “All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

27 “Look,” Peter replied, “we have left everything to follow You. What then will there be for us?”

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, in the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wifee or children or fields for the sake of My name will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.

Last edited by TonyR; 07-11-2018 at 04:15 PM..
Old 07-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #68
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.11fdb58221b6

Quote:
Last summer, Trump was asked at the Iowa Family Leadership Summit whether he had ever asked God for forgiveness.

“I am not sure I have,” he said then. “I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so. I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t.” He went on to say that he does receive Communion at church.

“When I drink my little wine — which is about the only wine I drink — and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed,” he said. “I think in terms of ‘Let’s go on and let’s make it right.'”

In January, he told CNN’s Jake Tapper that he doesn’t regret never asking God for forgiveness and doesn’t have much to apologize for.

“I have a great relationship with God. I have a great relationship with the evangelicals,” Trump told Tapper.

“I like to be good. I don’t like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don’t do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad.”
Old 07-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #69
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
Have you ever heard Donald Trump confess any level of sin or ask for any level of forgiveness?
What would the media fall out of that be?

I just showed you Psalm 51, did David confess to God or send curriers around Israel?

One thing I don’t like about religion is making someone stand up in front of a group and confess sin.

That’s no where in the Bible. Man made.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #70
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
Further to my point that more is "expected" than just saying you believe:

16 Just then, a man came up to Jesus and inquired, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to obtain eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask Me about what is good?” Jesus replied, “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” the man asked.

Jesus answered, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, 19 honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

20 “All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

27 “Look,” Peter replied, “we have left everything to follow You. What then will there be for us?”

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, in the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wifee or children or fields for the sake of My name will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.
I answered you previously. Did you not read it?

Are you saying from this passage that all believers of Jesus need to sell all their possessions & that includes President Trump?

I’m trying to understand your point here?
Old 07-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #71
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Quote:
I don’t think a political interview is the place for confession?

Do you?

Would you like to bare your sins on OM?

Not the forum.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #72
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

The Tonyels religious state. Who is Christian enough? Do you pass the Tonyels religious litmus test?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5C15027F-4C39-4E74-8D31-9CBBFBF46A05.jpeg (30.8 KB, 28 views)
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #73
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I answered you previously. Did you not read it?

Are you saying from this passage that all believers of Jesus need to sell all their possessions & that includes President Trump?

I’m trying to understand your point here?
A couple of points... First, your thread title asks if Trump is a Christian, and you seem to be suggesting that you believe he is. I bolded a few things in my post that apply to Trump. For example, he's a serial adulterer. He's a complete charlatan, and you've fallen for it. Second, it's interesting how you seem to take much of the Bible literally, but this particular passage perhaps not so much.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #74
Fear the Hawk
Ring of Famer

Proud member of the Deep State.

Quote:
Christian means too many things. The Bible says there are those who claim to be Christians who won’t be saved.

I believe this scripture will answer your question:

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.]10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”e 12

I don’t claim or believe in denominations. Just Jesus for me. He is the son of God, came to earth, died for my sins, rose again and sits at the right hand of the Father we’ve been discussing.

I’m anxious to go home ✝️
OK, I suppose this is as straight an answer I can expect from you.

So no Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Shamans, atheists, or agnostics allowed in God's Kingdom after life, no matter the goodness, decency, honesty, compassion, and generosity that lies in their heart.

I refuse to believe that. As I said, it's inconsistent with an infinitely intelligent and loving Creator.

If there is a God, He doesn't mindlessly abandon the kind and decent just because they have not adopted the Christian faith. Sorry.
Fear the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #75
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear the Hawk View Post
OK, I suppose this is as straight an answer I can expect from you.

So no Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Shamans, atheists, or agnostics allowed in God's Kingdom after life, no matter the goodness, decency, honesty, compassion, and generosity that lies in their heart.

I refuse to believe that. As I said, it's inconsistent with an infinitely intelligent and loving Creator.

If there is a God, He doesn't mindlessly abandon the kind and decent just because they have not adopted the Christian faith. Sorry.
Yep.

A god that merciless and arbitrary is offensive to morality.

Not that Tonyels can't make up some excuse using an irrelevant quote from his bible.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote