The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #26
Fear the Hawk
Ring of Famer
 
Fear the Hawk's Avatar
 
Proud member of the Deep State.

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 5,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Christian is a pretty open term here. The Bible is Godís word.

Are you familiar with the prodigal parable Jesus told?

Specially about returning to our true Father:


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bib...&interface=amp
So let me rephrase: Is it possible for a Muslim to "return to God" and remain a Muslim?
Fear the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #27
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,578

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Iím here to testify to the truth.

You didnít respond to anything else. Hmmm...
The rest of what you wrote is not worthy of a response, as it's just more of your empty religious rhetoric.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #28
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear the Hawk View Post
So let me rephrase: Is it possible for a Muslim to "return to God" and remain a Muslim?
Iím trying to take some religion out of this for you. Religion is not Jesus.


If I have a Dad, and he lives in Wyoming on a ranch. I say Dad I want my inheritance and go sow my wild oats in Florida until I run out of money.

Upon running out of money, I want you return home to my dad and say sorry.

Can I return to New York?

I must return to my father in Wyoming.
Tonyels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 76,552
Default

Given that Trump is a pathological, lying sack of ****, it doesn't really matter what he says he is, does it?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #30
Fear the Hawk
Ring of Famer
 
Fear the Hawk's Avatar
 
Proud member of the Deep State.

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 5,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Iím trying to take some religion out of this for you. Religion is not Jesus.


If I have a Dad, and he lives in Wyoming on a ranch. I say Dad I want my inheritance and go sow my wild oats in Florida until I run out of money.

Upon running out of money, I want you return home to my dad and say sorry.

Can I return to New York?

I must return to my father in Wyoming.
And I'm trying to get a straight answer from you, and you seem to be afraid of providing one.

I asked you a simple question: Is the Kingdom of God in the afterlife reserved for Christians only. Since then you've done nothing but duck and dodge with stuff like "well, it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what God thinks."

OK, so what does God think then?

"Well, it depends on what you mean by 'Christian'" and then you threw a parable at me.

OK, so can a Mulsim "return to God?"

Again, you can't give a straight answer.

So let me cut through all the bull**** and admit for you what you're too afraid to admit:

You believe that the Kingdom of Heaven is reserved for Christians only. What lies in your heart doesn't matter to God. What matters is that you embrace the Christian faith and only the Christian faith. If you don't you're going to Hell.

If any of that is incorrect then say so. Don't give vague responses and parables. Man up and give a straight answer.

Last edited by Fear the Hawk; 07-11-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Fear the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #31
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Peopleís versions arenít important. What Gid says is what counts.

Iím not seeing a bible verse here?
I'm sure you're familiar with this:

12 ďThis is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

Does this passage seem to mesh with Donald Trump?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #32
W*GS
Eppure si scalda
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 34,973
Default

Tonyels thinks Cheetolini is an Xtian.

Don't bother arguing. He can't listen.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #33
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 76,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm sure you're familiar with this:

12 ďThis is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

Does this passage seem to mesh with Donald Trump?
Trump? "This is my commandment: Grab them by the p***Y!"
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #34
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,250
Default

Is Trump Christian. Lol. Is this thread even for real? What a dumb question. He's pretty much the embodiment of a non-Christian.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #35
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear the Hawk View Post
And I'm trying to get a straight answer from you, and you seem to be afraid of providing one.

I asked you a simple question: Is the Kingdom of God in the afterlife reserved for Christians only. Since then you've done nothing but duck and dodge with stuff like "well, it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what God thinks."

OK, so what does God think then?

"Well, it depends on what you mean by 'Christian'" and then you threw a parable at me.

OK, so can a Mulsim "return to God?"

Again, you can't give a straight answer.

So let me cut through all the bull**** and admit for you what you're too afraid to admit:

You believe that the Kingdom of Heaven is reserved for Christians only. What lies in your heart doesn't matter to God. What matters is that you embrace the Christian faith and only the Christian faith. If you don't you're going to Hell.
Are your interested in an answer or an argument?

The Muslims believe in Jesus. But they believe he is only a prophet. Biblical Christians believe Jesus is one with God. This is what He was crucified for by the Jews.

Does it matter what your heart says? Yes!

In your heart, who do you say Jesus is?

John 14:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Tonyels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #36
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Wow, talk about your self-defeating thread topics.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #37
Fear the Hawk
Ring of Famer
 
Fear the Hawk's Avatar
 
Proud member of the Deep State.

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 5,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Are your interested in an answer or an argument?

The Muslims believe in Jesus. But they believe he is only a prophet. Biblical Christians believe Jesus is one with God. This is what He was crucified for by the Jews.

Does it matter what your heart says? Yes!

In your heart, who do you say Jesus is?

John 14:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
I am interested in an answer, and I'm still waiting. Is the Kingdom of God reserved for Christians only? Yes or no. It's not that hard. You can do it.
Fear the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #38
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #39
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Trump says he is a Christian and I believe him. Do you?

Do you know what a Christian is?

Iíve see plenty of liberals here suddenly become very concerned about the Bible.

If you are so concerned about this matter, hereís your chance to make your point.

Please try to read context of scripture, not just a verse. Any Author is understood by the whole writing. Also, at times, translation makes a difference. On the internet itís easy to go to the original Hebrew or Greek if need be.

Here is the central tenent of Christianity:

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

King James Version (KJV)
Yeah sure...he's a "Christian"...so is David Duke.
Jesus was not a Republican you dummy.

"By their fruits ye shall know them."-- Jesus, Matt 7:20

Better read a little more of that Bible. You seem to be pretty ignorant of it.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #40
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm sure you're familiar with this:

12 ďThis is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

Does this passage seem to mesh with Donald Trump?
If the argument is regarding President Trumpís Christianity & salvation in Jesus you need to take the whole gospel.

So, love the Lord with all your heart mind & soul.

If Mr Trump in his heart in prayer gave his life to Jesus, then he is good there..

If he has broken the second, do unto others, then repentance is required between Him & Jesus. However, itís not up to us to judge him, thatís Godís job.

Are you familiar with the song amazing grace?

It was written by a slave trader who repented. Did his life begin a refinement process? Iím sure it did. But remember, the Bible says all sin and fall short of the glory of God. So, once saved the Holy Spirit begins to work within you to change you. This is a gradual process. And, we only become perfected in the age to come, not this age.

Most evangelical Christians believe President Trump is a fairly new Christian. Maybe maybe not. Thatís between him & Jesus.

Peter rejected Jesus three times. Jesus later forgave Peter.

Are you a concerned Christian? And you think he is not living up to your standards?

What is your spiritual belief?
Tonyels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #41
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Wow, talk about your self-defeating thread topics.
Not any worse than any other...lol
Tonyels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #42
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,250
Default

As for you judging others in this thread, Tonyels...

[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
[3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
[4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
[5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #43
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

This dude is a religious troll...nothing more.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #44
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm guessing he believes Trump's a lifelong pro-lifer as well.

As opposed to, you know, opportunistically checking as many new boxes as the most gullible will allow.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #45
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Most evangelical Christians believe President Trump is a fairly new Christian.
Most evangelical Christians have been duped. This is used car salesman level stuff here. You've been sold a lemon!
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm guessing he believes Trump's a lifelong pro-lifer as well.

As opposed to, you know, opportunistically checking as many new boxes as the most gullible will allow.
I don't know about you, but when I see Trump I immediately think of Jesus.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #47
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear the Hawk View Post
I am interested in an answer, and I'm still waiting. Is the Kingdom of God reserved for Christians only? Yes or no. It's not that hard. You can do it.
Christian means too many things. The Bible says there are those who claim to be Christians who wonít be saved.

I believe this scripture will answer your question:

If you declare with your mouth, ďJesus is Lord,Ē and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, ďAnyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.Ēe 12

I donít claim or believe in denominations. Just Jesus for me. He is the son of God, came to earth, died for my sins, rose again and sits at the right hand of the Father weíve been discussing.

Iím anxious to go home ✝️
Tonyels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #48
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Most evangelical Christians have been duped. This is used car salesman level stuff here. You've been sold a lemon!
I'd say some are in nose-plug mode. A very transactional sellout.

But a disturbing number are simply self-delusional. Much more than I ever would've thought possible. It stains the faith.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #49
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

WWJD ≠ WWTD
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #50
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
As for you judging others in this thread, Tonyels...

[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
[3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
[4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
[5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Cast the beam out indeed.

15 ďBeware of false prophets, who come to you in sheepís clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Tonyels is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Denver Broncos