The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2016, 07:39 AM   #101
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

so did the CIA doing anything about these attempts or are they reporting "facts" after the fact? (see Benghazi)
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #102
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
so did the CIA doing anything about these attempts or are they reporting "facts" after the fact? (see Benghazi)
The thing is nobody doubts Russia tries to hack into absolutely everything of any value to us.

The fact of the matter is nothing that came out of them were the reason Hillary lost Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.

That hasn't happened since 1984. Anonymous CIA trolls trying to spin a whole new narrative around the vacuously obvious is a tired new version of the same game they've been playing for years.

The CIA should keep itself behind the scenes. I think they've taken a bit too much liking in dabbling in politics. And as Greenwald points out (read that article, seriously) it gets more dishonest every time it decides to take its dialog public.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #103
Bronx33
We Stink

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

The MSM is pushing this pretty hard that usually means there's nothing to it.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #104
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Iif true, I'm not so sure they helped Trump as much as they helped Clinton lose. If I'm not mistaken, Putin hates Clinton for being a frigid bitc4.

So, if they were involved I'd like to know what was their end game? Was it to simply take out clinton no matter who ran against her? Was it to help Trump win? These questions are not something I'm seeing the media focus on, they're just finger pointing and making the audience assume Putin is in bed w Trump (which I don't believe is the case).

Last edited by El Guapo; 12-12-2016 at 09:27 AM..
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #105
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Iif true, I'm not so sure they helped Trump as much as they helped Clinton lose. If I'm not mistaken, Putin hates Clinton for being a frigid bitc4.

So, if they were involved I'd like to know what was their end game? Was it to simply take out clinton no matter who ran against her? Was it to help Trump win? These questions are not something I'm seeing the media focus on, they're just finger pointing and making the audience assume Putin is in bed w Trump (which I don't believe is the case).
Trying to end the sanctions comes to mind.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:33 AM   #106
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

"Anonymous source": Russians hacked the election!!

Dems: We must investigate!

Wikileaks: Russians hacked Clinton's private server.

Dems: No they didn't! It was secure!

55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:33 AM   #107
Fear the Hawk
Ring of Famer

Proud member of the Deep State.

Quote:

Gropey Don may or may not be in bed with Putin, but it's easy to imagine at the very least why Putin would want a narcissistic ignoramus who has never held public office in his life in the WH over a former Senator, SoS, and First Lady.

Last edited by Fear the Hawk; 12-12-2016 at 11:38 AM..
Fear the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #108
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
"Anonymous source": Russians hacked the election!!

Wikileaks: Russians hacked Clinton's private server.

Dems: No they didn't! It was secure!

Sad what they've brought themselves to, isn't it.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #109
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
It it just the "Dems" saying we should investigate? (tip: there is a right and a wrong answer to this question...)
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #110
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Sad what they've brought themselves to, isn't it.
Almost as sad a not only nominating Donald Trump, but then electing him! And then firing up the apology tour! "Their will be no criticism of our massively flawed POTUS elect that we can't deflect!"
Old 12-12-2016, 10:52 AM   #111
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It it just the "Dems" saying we should investigate? (tip: there is a right and a wrong answer to this question...)
In reality, not too many people are saying 'don't investigate'

I'm sure a few are. But anytime a major entity is breached by a foreign power (or suspected to have been), investigation is important.

Anonymous CIA propaganda-arm whining to the still tear-stricken press is just a bit much.

And if you truly believe Russia gets in whenever and wherever it wants, you should all hang your heads in shame for voting for a lady that outed dozens of CIA assets to that same foreign power.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #112
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

They could have videotaped proof that 10 million Russian agents secretly infiltrated the US, voted for Trump, and snuck out the next night, and it wouldn't change a thing.

Trump is beyond Teflon.

And the sheer level of hate for Hillary Clinton among his supporters is also beyond anything I've ever seen. Fidel Castro would have stood a better chance of getting their vote.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #113
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Lifting sanctions and having their own puppet in the White House. They could care less about whether HRC is a b**** or not.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #114
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
They could have videotaped proof that 10 million Russian agents secretly infiltrated the US, voted for Trump, and snuck out the next night, and it wouldn't change a thing.

Trump is beyond Teflon.

And the sheer level of hate for Hillary Clinton among his supporters is also beyond anything I've ever seen. Fidel Castro would have stood a better chance of getting their vote.
You don't have to be a raving Trump supporter to hate Hillary Clinton.

She earned almost every bit of disdain she's received.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:31 AM   #115
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:

And with that, I rest my case...
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:32 AM   #116
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
And with that, I rest my case...
Give me an "I'm sorry about how we blew up Valerie Plame" and then we'll discuss.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #117
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

You also have to question what the Cia has to gain from pushing this out into the public domain? Are they worried trump will give more power to the Pentagons black budget as opposed to theirs?

More than meets the eye, folks.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:40 AM   #118
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
You also have to question what the Cia has to gain from pushing this out into the public domain? Are they worried trump will give more power to the Pentagons black budget as opposed to theirs?

Until they publish their report, it's fake news. Let's see the evidence (which there is none or they would have published it, they don't even know when exactly the data stolen to even look to comb through a trillion records; if those records even exist).
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #119
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

"Anonymous" CIA "leakers" (aka Democratic operatives) say RNC breach happened.

RNC says it was never breached and FBI PUBLICLY says there's no evidence that it was.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/11/politi...-donald-trump/

Anyway, when Greenwald tells you that something smells a lot like more clandestine federal bull****, we should all listen to him at this point.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #120
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

They have nothing gain by antagonizing the president elect. If they worried about budgets, antagonizing trump would not help but hurt their cause.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #121
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

You're dealing w the Cia here. They could just as easily peroxide this info to someone with an agreement that it was "leaked."
Old 12-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #122
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
They have nothing gain by antagonizing the president elect. If they worried about budgets, antagonizing trump would not help but hurt their cause.
The bureaucracy and Trump are absolutely destined to have an antagonistic relationship. Not sure why you'd expect kumbaya and bygones. That was never in the cards.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #123
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:

Meh. Much beyond "cuz Benghazi!", "cuz emails!", "cuz letting in Muslim immigrants!", and "cuz taking away our gunz!", I don't think the average working class American who voted for Trump/against Hillary can formulate a coherent, sensible argument as to why they hate her so much. And even on those issues I mentioned they probably can't speak to the topic much beyond the headline. So while there are legit reasons to dislike her, I think for most people they've been "taught" to hate her more than anything.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #124
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Meh. Much beyond "cuz Benghazi!", "cuz emails!", "cuz letting in Muslim immigrants!", and "cuz taking away our gunz!", I don't think the average working class American who voted for Trump/against Hillary can formulate a coherent, sensible argument as to why they hate her so much. And even on those issues I mentioned they probably can't speak to the topic much beyond the headline. So while there are legit reasons to dislike her, I think for most people they've been "taught" to hate her more than anything.
Well in the bulk of her opposition, that's probably the case. But that's probably the case with most oppositions to most candidates. There's a certain percentage of voters that dig into the issues and have hard policy leanings that are either accommodated or violated. In reality though, these elections are decided by the non-ideological. The squishy middle that operates on gut feelings, narratives, or appearances.

Hillary lost the rust belt because she didn't resonate there. And honestly didn't even give it much effort. It had nothing to do with DNC leaks or whether the hardcore ideologues thought Bernie got a fair shake. That's not what decides an election in Ohio or Pennsylvania.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #125
Fear the Hawk
Ring of Famer

Proud member of the Deep State.

Quote:
Yup. I have no doubt the frothing-at-the-mouth burning hatred of HRC is mostly the result of a successful republican smear campaign. I understand why some people distrust her. I don't understand why some think she's The Devil, unless it's because they're gullible enough to believe the nonsense Clinton conspiracy theories thrown around on the innerwebz.
Fear the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote