The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2015, 01:29 PM   #26
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I would have used a smaller god damn font
It was a cut and paste. I thought it was obvious it was not my story.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #27
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
it's not misogyny. misogyny means "hatred" of women. discussing the true nature of women is not "hatred" of women. feminists think that men and women are the same, just with different sex organs. that is not true. men and women are fundamentally very different. men do not naturally understand why women do the things they do and vice-versa. they have to seek out this information and learn about the underlying differences between the sexes when it comes to mating strategies. opposite genders both approach relationships with the opposite sex with different goals and assumptions. this is all well accepted in evolutionary psychology circles.

PS - calling somebody a misogynist is such a common and overused ploy used by feminists, that's it's now little different than calling somebody a racist or a nazi or a homophobe just because you disagree with their viewpoint. you should try to refrain from doing that and instead focus on the issue you disagree with, either for debate purposes or because you want to understand more about what the other person is thinking. calling somebody a misogynist or a racist or a nazi or whatever is just a quick way to derail a discussion into name calling.
Perhaps you prefer the term "gender-based bigotry". 'Cause that's what it is when a negative stereotype is applied with a broad brush to all individuals within the group.

It's not name-calling to say a comment could be characterized as misogynistic -- it would be name-calling if one said "you are a misogynist". Which is not what I said.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #28
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Perhaps you prefer the term "gender-based bigotry". 'Cause that's what it is when a negative stereotype is applied with a broad brush to all individuals within the group.

It's not name-calling to say a comment could be characterized as misogynistic -- it would be name-calling if one said "you are a misogynist". Which is not what I said.
L O L. so saying that women share common traits which are not necessarily flattering is now misogynistic?

marriage for women is partially about procuring resources from their mate. for themselves and their kids. this is a survival strategy that exists even in nature with the females of species. even if any particular woman claims it's not the case for her (such as yourself)... the minute her husband quits his job and decides all he wants to do is sit in the baSeimiant all day and play video games, this trait will soon rear it's head and the marriage will suddenly enter troubled waters. that's why women routinely claim to want a "successful" man or an "ambitious" man as their mate. men never use those words to describe the sort of woman we want. do you dispute that this is an inherent difference between the sexes? learning the true nature of women is to understand that as a man, we don't automatically understood the motivations that make women do what they do in relationships -- unless we take the time to learn these differences. there is nothing about discussing any of this that is misogynistic.

it's pertinent to Baja's OP because it's precisely this desire for resources that has driven those womens' behavior toward that man, which for 10 years he didn't realize... until one day it all became obvious when he finally saw all of the disrespect they were showing him during his GF's daughter's wedding preparations. he was a chump. when they looked at him, all they saw was his bank account. he thought they loved him. he was wrong.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:14 AM   #29
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
L O L. so saying that women share common traits which are not necessarily flattering is now misogynistic?

marriage for women is partially about procuring resources from their mate. for themselves and their kids. this is a survival strategy that exists even in nature with the females of species. even if any particular woman claims it's not the case for her (such as yourself)... the minute her husband quits his job and decides all he wants to do is sit in the baSeimiant all day and play video games, this trait will soon rear it's head and the marriage will suddenly enter troubled waters. that's why women routinely claim to want a "successful" man or an "ambitious" man as their mate. men never use those words to describe the sort of woman we want. do you dispute that this is an inherent difference between the sexes? learning the true nature of women is to understand that as a man, we don't automatically understood the motivations that make women do what they do in relationships -- unless we take the time to learn these differences. there is nothing about discussing any of this that is misogynistic.

it's pertinent to Baja's OP because it's precisely this desire for resources that has driven those womens' behavior toward that man, which for 10 years he didn't realize... until one day it all became obvious when he finally saw all of the disrespect they were showing him during his GF's daughter's wedding preparations. he was a chump. when they looked at him, all they saw was his bank account. he thought they loved him. he was wrong.
I am saying that women -- like men -- are individuals and it's wrong to sweep a broad-brush (negative) generalization across the entire group. It wouldn't be fair to judge ALL men based on the bad behavior of a few -- the small percentage of men who might lie about their true marital status -- or even about the possiblity that they could be carrying an STD.

From my perspective, marriage is about finding someone you would be happy to spend every minute, 24/7/365 with -- someone you can communicate freely with and confide even the most embarrassing anecdotes from your past without fear of being judged. It's not about a paycheck; it's about shared life goals and making fun, happy memories together. And I've been blessed to find that "someone". We both know what it means to live within a fairly-rigid budget and we have always worked together to make ends meet.

As for Baja's OP -- that story may or may not even be true. I'd seen it posted on facebook before seeing it here. I'm not one who says -- "I read it on the internet, so it's gospel truth." Sorry.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote