The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #151
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
People in the Midwest are fat bc of a lack of exercise. Humidity ****ing sucks, but a lot of you wouldn't know that living in Colorado.
That's why I moved to the pacific nw.

It's not difficult to get healthy. Don't drink soda, cut your sugar in half and eat more natural foods.
I only eat meat 5 days of the week and the meat I eat is chicken, salmon or turkey. Vegetarians live longer than meat eaters so I decided to only give up a couple of days a week without meat.

Being a vegetarian is really hard but man it will really make you feel good and give you energy if you do it for a month or longer.
May I add eating at least 51% of your vegetables & fruit intake in the raw natural form.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #152
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
May I add eating at least 51% of your vegetables & fruit intake in the raw natural form.
Yet another generic and grossly simplified opinion.

Everyone's physiology and nutritional needs are different depending on gender, age, health status, physical activity and about a dozen different things, but don't let that stop you from over simplifying.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #153
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I will.

I'm just curious why Meck is hopping in a conversation I'm having with someone else and trying to wrongly correct me twice. Meck, would you like to see the video of the 26 2 days after the marathon when I hadn't trained at all for it, was super weak, etc? I have it. All you have to do is ask, girl. I just haven't submitted it because now that I've been working at it, I'm going to crush it.

Right now I can do 30 consecutively without resting my arms in between. Things I'm still fine tuning:

- I'm still lowering myself too much instead of just dropping and losing a lot of strength/energy in the negatives.

- When I let myself just drop, I start swinging on the bar, then I lose a lot of energy restabilizing myself.

- The video is 40 lbs belted on with chains. The chains weigh about 5 lbs, and I'm carrying extra bodyfat then. Should feel about 10lbs lighter now, and I'm a bunch stronger in the muscles that motion recruits since I've been working at it for 3 months now.

Either way, I'm starting to really dread my pull days, so I'll probably do it within April no matter what because I'm just sick of working on it.
Wait am I Reading your PM's?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #154
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

With rare exception, I don't eat carbs outside of fruits or vegetables. I eat all the meat / veggies / fruits / nuts / cheese I want. I emphasize the avoidance of hunger on said dietary lifestyle. I guess you could call it a paleo-esque diet. Been doing this for about 9 months. Never felt better. I was having all kinds of problems with a hip and ankle arthritis that was hindering my bicycle routine (15-20 miles per day). There is truly something to the inflammatory nature of dense acellular carbohydrates. I feel like I did when I was 20.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #155
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Yet another generic and grossly simplified opinion.

Everyone's physiology and nutritional needs are different depending on gender, age, health status, physical activity and about a dozen different things, but don't let that stop you from over simplifying.
I do not disagree, there are many people can not switch to raw food instantly. I do not advocate radical diet changes. Baby steps with a goal to consume more of you veggies and fruit in the state nature provided it.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:53 PM   #156
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

I suggest hamsteaks at midnight with orange juice for fruit.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #157
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castinkas View Post
There is not enough time in the day for some people. I work 3 jobs and have returned to school, on top of being a parent to two wonderful teenagers. Fast food and food that is quick and easy to throw together is just how it works.
This is what is wrong with the economy, if families could afford to live off one income the country would be in much better shape.
Best post in thread.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:04 AM   #158
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
You can get chicken breast for $3/lb and you can prep your meals for an entire week in an hour.

That post is just an excuse and a way to justify making bad decisions. Fit people would love to be stuffing their face with fries, cokes, cookies, etc., but they make healthier decisions.
No, no, no, no. I appreciate your commitment to your lifestyle. That's great you are able to work it in and I'm even pretty jealous.

But there are plenty of reasons of why people can't eat healthy every day. I boil it down to this, my office doesn't have a fridge and since it is a state building, they won't allow mini-fridges either, so I will choose fast food or something totally processed or full of carbs, something that won't spoil being left out in a cooler bag, rather than try and speak to an elected official while I have an empty stomach.

These are not excuses. This is life. And I'm certain my sob story applies to many other people in many different ways.
Johnykbr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:19 AM   #159
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Also, you KNOW there's plenty of healthy fast food options, right?
I'm well aware of that and when I do get fast food I often do get those options. Also, you will notice in my post I do use a cooler bag but since I rarely get to sit down and eat before 2 or 3 it isn't an option for me unless it is something that doesn't necessarily need to be chilled. Besides, road warriors like myself rarely get the option of what to eat, we eat when we get time and it often is the closest thing available when we get 15 minutes.

I'm not making an excuse because I don't feel bad at all about my eating habits. I only wish I could get to the gym more because I enjoy it and I couldn't care less about health benefits.
Johnykbr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:55 AM   #160
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lots of excuses in this thread. People always say I have to eat fast food. Well most fast food joints, as some have mentioned, have healthy options. They have them for several years now. There is plenty of time to make food too.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 04-02-2015 at 07:58 AM..
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #161
alkemical
Chaos Technician

Aethyr Engineering

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris

How i lost weight & kept it off:

Upfront cost vs. Back end costs (Sometimes fresh healthy foods do cost more TODAY. Healthcare costs will cost more tomorrow). Eating healthier, hiking, & growing 25-30% of my food really helped. Also, minus some things - i eat a lot of seasonal foods.

I cut out a lot of things right up front:

Beer, refined sugars (I personally don't count fruits & veggies), breads, knocked back dairy also.

Ate way more stirfry & salads. (which also was way more poultry, fishes, creatures of the sea - with my red meats being organic/free range).

Last edited by alkemical; 04-02-2015 at 08:57 AM..
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:41 AM   #162
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Carbs are of course a big part of the story, but it's not all about carbs. If it was, the Japanese, Chinese, Indians, etc. would all be fat! For a good answer to the question below follow the link.

Quote:
How does the average person living in, say, Japan stay leaner and healthier than the average American while still consuming >70% of their caloric intake in the form of carbohydrates?
http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/h...-carbohydrates
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #163
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer

Maybe it's caused by overeating.
RepentWalpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #164
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Obesity and "being healthy" are not mutually exclusive.

Obesity can be caused by damn near everything posted in this thread. I can be underweight or overweight on a low nutrition diet. Can I really be considered "healthy" on a low nutrition diet?
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #165
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

In the time it takes a person to get in their car, go to a fast food place, wait in the drive-thru and go back and eat it -- you could have prepared a fresh meal to take to work in a lunch box. Saying you "don't have time" is an excuse and a pretty ****ty one.

Draft Picks:

Round 1: 5th overall - Quenton Nelson, G - Notre Dame
Round 2: 24th overall - Ronald Jones, RB - USC
Round 3: 74th overall - Jamarco Jones, OT - Ohio State
Round 4: 109th overall - Jeff Holland, OLB/PRS - Auburn
Round 4: 128th overall - JC Jackson, CB - Maryland
Round 5: 161st overall - Tegray Scales, LB - Indiana
Round 5: 163rd overall - Jaleel Scott, WR - New Mexico State
Round 6: 182nd overall - Durham Smythe, TE - Notre Dame
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:21 PM   #166
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
In the time it takes a person to get in their car, go to a fast food place, wait in the drive-thru and go back and eat it -- you could have prepared a fresh meal to take to work in a lunch box. Saying you "don't have time" is an excuse and a pretty ****ty one.
Not usually the way it works. I prep a lot of meals. Probably do fast food 3-4 times a month.

When I do, it's usually, "Well I could make this, but I'd have to go to the store, and Chuckie's got piano in an hour. Janie's done with gymnastics in 30 minutes, and I have to go get the Beav at soccer practice right now."

Having 5 different household schedules makes full-on dinner preparation damn near impossible sometimes.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:28 PM   #167
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

I'm all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble. All about that cookin' fresh, cookin' greens, not McDonalds. *dances and laughs hysterically at the time arguments*

Draft Picks:

Old 04-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #168
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Murica. Dammit.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #169
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
With rare exception, I don't eat carbs outside of fruits or vegetables. I eat all the meat / veggies / fruits / nuts / cheese I want. I emphasize the avoidance of hunger on said dietary lifestyle. I guess you could call it a paleo-esque diet. Been doing this for about 9 months. Never felt better. I was having all kinds of problems with a hip and ankle arthritis that was hindering my bicycle routine (15-20 miles per day). There is truly something to the inflammatory nature of dense acellular carbohydrates. I feel like I did when I was 20.
There is nothing paleo about that diet. Grains, seafood and meats were the stables of a stone age diet. Fruits and vegetables were extremely seasonal and not a significant foodsource, cheese wasnt known at all.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #170
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
There is nothing paleo about that diet. Grains, seafood and meats were the stables of a stone age diet. Fruits and vegetables were extremely seasonal and not a significant foodsource, cheese wasnt known at all.
"Stone age people" did not eat grains.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #171
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Well, I know for a fact Britons from the area certainly did. There weren't many, but they did and had it imported before they ever started farming it well over ten thousand years ago.

Draft Picks:

Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #172
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...just-meat.html

http://www.haaretz.com/life/archaeol...emium-1.644356

Draft Picks:

Last edited by Requiem; 04-02-2015 at 04:27 PM..
Old 04-02-2015, 04:40 PM   #173
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Most of the people I see at the grocery store look fat and unhappy. 6 bags of Cheetos and 8 12 packs of pop. It makes me sick. SICK I TELL YOU. Women with bags under their eyes with unruly children who no doubt hate their lives and wish they had a few mulligans.

There was a 50+ year old women with cankles and ugly painted toe nails who had to be pushing 260 pounds at 5'6 in line in front of me the other day. I had 3 lemons, 3 peppers (red, orange, green), some onions, cabbage and got some fresh cod as well cause I like fish!

The lady turned and looked at me and said, "Poor thing, must be hard times for you with that little groceries. You need more than that!"

I just looked at her and said, "No, this is all healthy good food, what you are eating is **** and you wonder why you look the way you do."

Made her feel real bad.
I bet you're fun at parties.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #174
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Wow. The pretentiousness is off the charts in this thread. I'm only on page four, and I've already had two or three laugh-out-loud moments.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #175
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
They ate whatever they could gather or hunt. Sometimes that was fresh fruit, fish, nuts and deer. A lot of times it was insects, invertebrates (e.g. worms), rodents, small lizards, edible grasses (including some grains -- grains are just as naturally occurring as fish), and anything else they could find. Just like today, the actual diet of a paleolithic human varied by climate/locale.

The paleo diet is kind of a big silly naturalistic fallacy mixed with wishful thinking and a big dose of selective thinking (i.e. not many paleo diet folks put conviction into it by eating lots of rodent and insect meat).

Though has one good point: avoid processed foods.
Fedaykin is online now   Reply With Quote