The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #26
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogulseeker View Post
Well thin is more attractive than fat, so it makes sense.

Most super models have frames that allow them to be that skinny. Most people don't have those frames. Doesn't bother me... I'm certainly not a model, and you don't have to look like a model for me to find you attractive.

I can't run a marathon in my present shape. I run 10ks all the time.
Well, good for you, you probably aren't over 300lbs either. I'm taking about people that trend to get super overweight. They don't do the small things that keep them at a reasonable weight, and their frustrations cause them to continue to gain weight, rather than just exercise a little and avoid overeating.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #27
Smiling Assassin27
I Still Like Beer

NFL QBs With Their Daddy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rolls Royce

This is a mental problem first and foremost, but the commercial completely omits that. People deal with pain and suffering in very destructive ways sometimes, parents included.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #28
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Well, good for you, you probably aren't over 300lbs either. I'm taking about people that trend to get super overweight. They don't do the small things that keep them at a reasonable weight, and their frustrations cause them to continue to gain weight, rather than just exercise a little and avoid overeating.
You sure stick up for the obese and your reasoning is probably a small fraction. These people in most cases never worked out and had no desire to do so. Many of these people are lazy and UNDISCIPLINED. It goes beyond working out. You dont need to work out if you eat a healthy diet and have junk food as a minimum. "Well, if I cant be a supermodel then I am just go do the complete opposite and slowly kill myself by being as unhealthy as possible." Blame goes on them, not those Supermodels or Mr. Universe type humans.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #29
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Hour a day of something physical and cutting out junkfood works miracles. Of course today at work I had to cut a hole through the outside of a house for a dogdoor designed to go in a door, not a 16 inch thick wall.

Good times. Stucco in my chest hair for the win!

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #30
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Di-A-betus!

Action, you had no problem with them showing all the horrible accounts of how he got to be 300 pounds but playing excessive video games is the problem you had with the video? When you play a marathon video game, are you eating a nice salad with lite dressing on it? How about some horrible fast food type food while you play? Seems very logical that video games sure doesn't help you keep your weight down.
That's the same thing that I thought. I don't think that there is anything wrong with playing video games, and a person can lead a healthy lifestyle while being a gamer, but it does contribute to the problem. Anybody who spends excessive time playing video games while eating a lot of junk food is bound to gain weight. I played a lot of video games as a kid, but I also played outside a lot, and played a lot of sports.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #31
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogulseeker View Post
I mean, I can understand the appeal, and if I did get into it, I'd probably enjoy it. That's why I don't.

There's just too many mountains to ski, music to make, things to learn (science, philosophy, mathematics.... COURSERA), for me to spend my time doing that.

But to each his own.

Video games wont make you a better person... but I guess neither does skiing or making music, so I digress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I agree. There is so much to do with your life and many adults spend wasting them playing a freaking video game that has no relevance. Get outside and enjoy life. I was a gamer when I was 6 years old because I had the first NES at school til about 14. I just grew out of it and discovered better things to spend my time on other than killing another Zombie.
I'd say that you can play video games while doing all of those things listed. Just like drinking. It's good in moderation.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #32
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
This is a mental problem first and foremost, but the commercial completely omits that. People deal with pain and suffering in very destructive ways sometimes, parents included.
The ad was about "breaking the cycle."

Seems to me like the mental issue is the focus of this ad.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #33
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Hour a day of something physical and cutting out junkfood works miracles. Of course today at work I had to cut a hole through the outside of a house for a dogdoor designed to go in a door, not a 16 inch thick wall.

Good times. Stucco in my chest hair for the win!

In the Navy, one of our sailors was having trouble with weight. He could pass the run/swim/pushup/situp part of the PFA, but his BMI wasn't within the acceptable range.

He cut out soda and beer (and changed nothing else). In just a couple months he was at ideal BMI.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #34
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

When I was in the Navy - at least in my NAS Brunswick unit - I could've sworn that soda (both regular and diet) was the nectar of the anti-christ. At least that was the attitude from all the troops, trainers, and doctors there. I don't think I had a single sip my entire two and a half years there.

I substituted with orange juice - WITH pulp (extra pulp - where the fiber is, evidently). You drink less - has something to do with it being more nutritionally dense, giving you the illusion that you've drunk more than you have.

I've actually heard a number of doctors recommend going to carbonated fruit juice (ie Izze) as a way to ween off soda. It's still as much sugar and calories by volume, but several studies show that people tend to drink less of it.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #35
Bronco Yoda

Nothing wrong with a little video game action. I have a 1 to 1 rule/reward system in my house. You get one hour of play for one hour of practicing a sport or exercising. My kids are big time gamers.... they've also become very good athletes and tops on their respective teams. Win Win I say.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #36
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Even Spider wouldn't hit that.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote