The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #1
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default Monsanto ordered to pay $289 million over Roundup

Yes, you heard right. Roundup has been the key to Monsanto's economic stranglehold over seed and corn production.

One-two years ago, I posted the gross photos of huge carcinomas on rats fed GMO corn grown with Roundup.

The power of truth can emerge in a courtroom -- where the process of discovery can over turn powerful interests and propaganda.

Monsanto ordered to pay $289m as jury rules weedkiller caused man's cancer

Court finds in favor of DeWayne Johnson, ill man who was first to take Roundup maker to trial over allegations

https://www.theguardian.com/business...johnson-ruling

This is a big victory for small farmers, for ordinary citizens, for everyone who cares about the environment...and human health.

The jury was not persuaded by Monsanto propaganda -- after they saw internal Monsanto documents showing the company knew all along that Roundup causes cancer.

Sound familiar? Kind of like the defeat of the tobacco industry -- in court?
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

haha

What a bunch of bone heads. I posted the photos here on the OM (ommmmm) of the rats with huge tumors from eating GMO corn (laced with Roundup).

The local knee jerks ridiculed those photos and that INDEPENDENT French study -- just like they ridicule everything they do not understand.

But the jury concluded differently.

Let's hope this ruling is the beginning of the end of Monsanto.

Oh and btw, in case you all forgot, Russia had the good sense to outlaw GMO foods, years ago.

Of course things are very different in that bastion of freedom, Ukraine, where Monsanto rushed in after the CIA/State Dept orchestrated coup in 2014 -- and started buying up thousands of acres of farmland.

Ukraine has some of the most fertile soil in the world -- and Monsanto wants to control it. Just a little wake you up from you know who.

Last edited by mhgaffney; 08-10-2018 at 10:13 PM..
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:44 AM   #3
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

How does one man get $289M I could see a class action but not one man. Hell never get that money and it will be appealed forever.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:09 AM   #4
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Of course der traitor gaffo believes GMOs are evil.

His opinion isn't based on facts, of course - they never are.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Unfortunately, they'll probably never pay a dime. And if they do, the poor plaintiff will be long gone. Some day, I hope we live in a just society and the people who run companies like Monsanto will spend their remaining years in prison, where they belong.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
How does one man get $289M I could see a class action but not one man. Hell never get that money and it will be appealed forever.
Not really true. In civil lit if you appeal you have to pay interest on the judgement. More likely is the defense appeals and then quickly sends an offer to the other side. It's possible it could even go into some sort of meditation. The interest on a drawn out judgement would be huge. These cases are very tough to prove and this is a huge huge blow to Monsanto. This is a case of a lifetime for most attorneys and makes this attorney famous, if he's not already. I haven't followed the case until just now.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
it was a punitive, general damages. Damages like your medical bills, your property are called special damages. General damages are like pain and suffering, loss of consortium for your spouse, or in this case punitive damages designed to punish the other side for being callous and acting with no regard for what is right.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:28 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

This judgement is so big I think Monsanto is forced to offer like 150 million or possible just pay it. I'm sure there will be an appeal, i just don't think they will drag it on for long when you are adding 25 mil a yr in interest to a judgement that already is almost 300 million.

Time for Monsanto to lick its wounds and try to settle all cases. Then most likely label the product to not come in contact with the skin or be breathed in because it may cause cancer.

The experts in the case said that it may have contributed to the cancer, another i guess said it likely had a big part in causing the cancer. Because of that ambiguity it's possible in other cases Monsanto wins.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #9
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

I bet this guy gets nowhere near the judgement.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #10
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Bravo. Monsanto are clearly in the wrong. Textbook evil dudes over there.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #11
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

They also are forced to pay $540 million due to Ligma
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default 14% = $14 billion slide in stock price

Bayer shares fall up to 14% after Monsanto’s Roundup lawsuit