The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2016, 02:22 AM   #1501
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
When/where/how has Glenn been a "whiny bish"? If you've actually watched the show, and understand what you're watching, Glenn's character has pretty much done the opposite of "devolve".
Glenn has avoided killing people until this season. in the raid on the Saviors outpost, he kills his first human, while the guy is sleeping. then the camera lingers at a shot of polaroids on the wall as Glenn looks at them. these polaroids are of people who've had their heads bashed in by Lucille. this is OBVIOUS foreshadowing. Glenn is the one who had an up close and personal visit from Lucille.

Glenn hasn't been a whiny bish, but he has avoided getting his hands dirty killing bad people up until this season, so you could make the argument that he has "devolved" in that sense, which is what the writers want us to see.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:19 PM   #1502
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:15 PM   #1503
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Freaking A. Fear the Walking Dead had so much potential. Being in a crowded city during the fall? Nah, let's go on a boat. 2nd season of FTWD = 2nd season of TWD.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:07 AM   #1504
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Freaking A. Fear the Walking Dead had so much potential. Being in a crowded city during the fall? Nah, let's go on a boat. 2nd season of FTWD = 2nd season of TWD.
Two episodes in, chill.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:36 PM   #1505
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You guys still watching FTWD? I hate the characters but can't stop watching.

The mom is a total idiot. Losing her cool when they trade for medicine. Lighting up the hotel for the world to see. She should be banished immediately.

Travis can't accept the new world. He's too domesticated to understand anarchy. He is going to attack the two guys who ran off with Chris in the next episode and probably get kicked out.

When the real zombie apocalypse happens I am going to lone wolf it, until I find a (hotter) Carol. Find an abandoned house on high ground that can support agriculture, preferably near a city to scavenge. Build a fence around the place for the walkers. Booby trap every path leading up to my home for the living. Only my girl and I will know the right way. An island could work too.

Last edited by Brohemoth; 09-26-2016 at 03:39 PM..
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #1506
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
You guys still watching FTWD? I hate the characters but can't stop watching.

The mom is a total idiot. Losing her cool when they trade for medicine. Lighting up the hotel for the world to see. She should be banished immediately.

Travis can't accept the new world. He's too domesticated to understand anarchy. He is going to attack the two guys who ran off with Chris in the next episode and probably get kicked out.

When the real zombie apocalypse happens I am going to lone wolf it, until I find a (hotter) Carol. Find an abandoned house on high ground that can support agriculture, preferably near a city to scavenge. Build a fence around the place for the walkers. Booby trap every path leading up to my home for the living. Only my girl and I will know the right way. An island could work too.
what are you going to do about this guy?

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #1507
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
what are you going to do about this guy?

Haha there is only so much you can do. If someone wants me gone bad enough, it's fair game. Hopefully one of his buddies sets off a trap first so I can be on high alert.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #1508
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

Not a huge surprise, but damned if I am not tired of watching people I like die.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:50 PM   #1509
Ragnar
Perennial Pro-bowler

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Not a huge surprise, but damned if I am not tired of watching people I like die.
I wish I could rep this multiple times.

I thought, and even exhaled, thinking he was safe, but wow, just wow was I shellshocked all episode.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #1510
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Lucile is thirsty....she's a vampire bat.

Haha
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #1511
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If it was going to be Glenn, I don't understand the dramatic cliffhanger episode with the dumpster last season. They already faked out the audience and kept him alive. Only a few episodes ago! Why do that? It only makes sense if the character has more to give to the story, which headless Glenn obviously does not. It's distasteful in my opinion. Just reveals the writers' tendency for filler garbage.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:08 PM   #1512
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

I hate this show.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:05 AM   #1513
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

So Glenn is dead and Rick is a wuss. This season is off to a terrible start.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:03 AM   #1514
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

The new episode was excessively gory and -- disappointing. I personally don't like "crying, helpless Rick" very much. While it's a "given" that he'll rally and eventually fulfill his promise to kill Negan, this isn't a TWD episode that I'd ever re-watch. Much like the "seeing Lori's ghost" episodes, it feels like "filling time" focusing on the main characters' emotional reaction to loss rather than on building an interesting storyline.

So much buildup to the new season -- maybe the next episode will be better.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:30 AM   #1515
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Might have been the best Walking Dead episode i have seen. Good stuff... Long live Neagan
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:17 AM   #1516
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That was... Traumatic.

Seriously.. i dont want to watch it again. Not because it was bad but because i dont think any good would come of it.

Great episode. One of their best. But never watching againm.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:18 AM   #1517
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The new episode was excessively gory and -- disappointing. I personally don't like "crying, helpless Rick" very much. While it's a "given" that he'll rally and eventually fulfill his promise to kill Negan, this isn't a TWD episode that I'd ever re-watch. Much like the "seeing Lori's ghost" episodes, it feels like "filling time" focusing on the main characters' emotional reaction to loss rather than on building an interesting storyline.

There are plenty of shows on network tv with bad acting and fast paced story lines. Try those.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #1518
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post

The whole episode was about breaking Rick. That's the storyline and they did it well. But I'm still traumatized over that ****. Last memory of Glen is that? Come on.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:28 AM   #1519
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer

I think I've become emotionally detached from the characters. With the long cliff hanger break I didn't even care that those two bit the dust. I'll probably still watch but I've stopped caring. At the end of last season I was like, oh no! I don't want any of these characters to die! Last night I was like, whatever I don't care. Kill them all.
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:28 AM   #1520
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

lots of beef and pork products went into filming this episode.

The neegan character is highly entertaining. he's a very logical villain compared with the Governor, wolves, etc... His strategy is not that dissimilar to what Rome did for 1000 years. Basically show up, conquer, and enslave to work and tax for the benefit of the empire.

I did think this was a good learning exercise for Rick the group. They were starting to get power hungry and over confident in their abilities. This will bring them back down to earth and focus them around a purpose for now.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:29 AM   #1521
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
There are plenty of shows on network tv with bad acting and fast paced story lines. Try those.
Blue is right. There's only 8 episodes they give us, then a couple months break, then another 8 episodes, and then a 6 month break. If you're only going to give us such few episodes, they all have to count. I'm reminded of that Daryl/Beth debacle as an example. Giving viewers more story and less dragged out filler isn't a bad thing. If you've ever watched Gotham, you'll know what I'm talking about.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #1522
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
Your unsolicited opinion has been taken into consideration.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:34 AM   #1523
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
So Glenn is dead and Rick is a wuss. This season is off to a terrible start.
Agreed... rick has been a wuss more often than not. At least they stopped the pussificaion on Darryl by having him be the only one to react.

I wish Rick would die. or at least get a new "shocked" look.

I care very little anymore as i think the show has jumped the shark twice. But, if some how Michael Rooker can come back as Darryl and (insert whatever his name was in teh show)'s long lost brother.... Id be sold again.!!! lol
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:35 AM   #1524
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Blue is right. There's only 8 episodes they give us, then a couple months break, then another 8 episodes, and then a 6 month break. If you're only going to give us such few episodes, they all have to count. I'm reminded of that Daryl/Beth debacle as an example. Giving viewers more story and less dragged out filler isn't a bad thing. If you've ever watched Gotham, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Im right there with you on the beth thing. In fact i was very relieved when she died and they didnt show Maggy crying for two episodes. But to me this was completely different. I dont know how they follow that up.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 AM   #1525
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

I think this episode would've been 100X more powerful if it were the season finale of last season, not the premiere.