The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #1376
TimHippo
TheOrangeFanaticFrameJob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Terrell Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
You don't think the way the episode ended that Carol might actually be starting to break down? She def played weak but ultimately seemed to become softened by seeing herself in her capture by episode's end.
She's probably the most expendable member of the core. (Rick, Darryl, Maggie, glen, michonne)
TimHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #1377
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
You don't think the way the episode ended that Carol might actually be starting to break down? She def played weak but ultimately seemed to become softened by seeing herself in her capture by episode's end.
It was an act. I think she might be thinking king about what they have become (as well as Glenn) but she is one of the smartest in the bunch.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #1378
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
yes...Morgon got inside her head.

Old Carol would have never shot that guy in the arm.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #1379
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

1. It has never crossed my mind that a main character will die in the past few episodes, so that type of suspense was lost on me. More so, I've just been enjoying a very surprising run of action for this part of the season.

2. After really not being able to stand Carol or Maggie for the longest time, I'm on board with both of them now full boar! What a showing of power that episode was for both of them. It has become clear to me now that Carol was ahead of the curve this entire time.. back when Rick was still pretending to be honorable, she took care of business in the prison because she wasn't afraid to do what was necessary to survive. Then you have Maggie.. When her little sister died, I was sure that we would get at least two episodes of her crying and reminiscing over the loss.. but she moved on real quick and I now see that as a foreshadowing of what she has been displaying lately.. her cunning negotiation with the dick head on the hilltop, and then the downright fierce, take no sh*t and take no prisoners brutality towards anyone who got in her way in the compound. Lots of girl power going on and for a change it didn't come off as super forced or cheesy or even self aware. The leader chick they killed, though.. clearly planted a message in Carol's head in my opinion. If there is an inner struggle within the main group and it's Carol vs Rick, remember that last exchange with the uber feminist leader chick.

3. The group continues to change and not be comfortable with it... What are the writers preparing us for? You have a character like Morgan who has attempted to influence the group toward a more compassionate, forgiving/redirecting mindset.. there was that entire episode that flashed back to when he was taught the mindset to begin with... and now we have the group massacring entire clans in order to feed themselves. Are we headed for a showdown between Morgan (and likeminded others, potentially Glenn?) and Rick (and the other more savage characters like Carol and Abe). Or are they simply trying to show us that this is the tipping point where they all make the transition to the types of people that they have long rationalized as murderers before killing them off?

And seriously.. just what in the **** is the deal with Neagen? You all say he was cast as a single individual but the show would lead us to believe that Neagen is a group of people.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #1380
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
The show has differed form the comics in certain ways. I remember when Beth and Daryl were talking and she told Daryl that he would be the last person left and they both know it..... I think that is very foretelling.
Darryl isn't in the comics. There's one major difference.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:06 PM   #1381
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Imo Abe is a goner when we meet the real neagan.

The group has def turned the corner on going to a very dark place.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #1382
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

That was a fun one. You just knew the Doc had to go, she was being rediculous.

WTF is Carol doing?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #1383
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Looks like you might be correct and I was wrong.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #1384
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Looks like you might be correct and I was wrong.
I blame this guy

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #1385
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I blame this guy

The group needs to send him to a Hari Krishna compound and leave him there.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #1386
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
1. It has never crossed my mind that a main character will die in the past few episodes, so that type of suspense was lost on me. More so, I've just been enjoying a very surprising run of action for this part of the season.

2. After really not being able to stand Carol or Maggie for the longest time, I'm on board with both of them now full boar! What a showing of power that episode was for both of them. It has become clear to me now that Carol was ahead of the curve this entire time.. back when Rick was still pretending to be honorable, she took care of business in the prison because she wasn't afraid to do what was necessary to survive. Then you have Maggie.. When her little sister died, I was sure that we would get at least two episodes of her crying and reminiscing over the loss.. but she moved on real quick and I now see that as a foreshadowing of what she has been displaying lately.. her cunning negotiation with the dick head on the hilltop, and then the downright fierce, take no sh*t and take no prisoners brutality towards anyone who got in her way in the compound. Lots of girl power going on and for a change it didn't come off as super forced or cheesy or even self aware. The leader chick they killed, though.. clearly planted a message in Carol's head in my opinion. If there is an inner struggle within the main group and it's Carol vs Rick, remember that last exchange with the uber feminist leader chick.

3. The group continues to change and not be comfortable with it... What are the writers preparing us for? You have a character like Morgan who has attempted to influence the group toward a more compassionate, forgiving/redirecting mindset.. there was that entire episode that flashed back to when he was taught the mindset to begin with... and now we have the group massacring entire clans in order to feed themselves. Are we headed for a showdown between Morgan (and likeminded others, potentially Glenn?) and Rick (and the other more savage characters like Carol and Abe). Or are they simply trying to show us that this is the tipping point where they all make the transition to the types of people that they have long rationalized as murderers before killing them off?

And seriously.. just what in the **** is the deal with Neagen? You all say he was cast as a single individual but the show would lead us to believe that Neagen is a group of people.
yes, he's one guy. he'll make his appearance in the season finale. at least one major character is going to get 86'ed by him. i personally think as many as 2 or 3 will. he makes the governor look like a choirboy. he's a legit narcissistic sociopath leading a cult of personality.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #1387
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
That was a fun one. You just knew the Doc had to go, she was being rediculous.

WTF is Carol doing?
Right? Where the **** is she gonna go?
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #1388
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot

Bell Biv DVOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Right? Where the **** is she gonna go?
Walk da earth like Jules.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:43 AM   #1389
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Don't discount the possibility of Carol infiltrating one of Negan's groups and being something of a Trojan Horse. I can't see her character not somehow staying relevant. Can't you see them showing her with Negan's people as a shocker in the finale?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:06 PM   #1390
TimHippo
TheOrangeFanaticFrameJob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Terrell Davis

Nerd guy biting off that guys wee wee, was that necessary.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:01 AM   #1391
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post
Eugene just didn't have time to Mullet over.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:48 AM   #1392
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post
Hard to do karate when you're handcuffed.
Probably the most realistic violence in the history of the show actually.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #1393
TimHippo
TheOrangeFanaticFrameJob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Terrell Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Out of all the characters it had to be Eugene giving the BJ. Guy can't catch a break.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #1394
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Did the guy actually drop his gun? Seems he could have shot him the whole time he was biting his pecker.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #1395
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Did the guy actually drop his gun? Seems he could have shot him the whole time he was biting his pecker.
He had Daryl's bow. But, you'd think he would have clubbed Eugene in the head with it and not just stood there and screamed. Although since I've never had that done to me, thank goodness, I guess I don't know exactly how I'd react, lol!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #1396
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
a shocker in the finale?
It's not HBO man. Don't get too excited.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #1397
jutang
Ring of Famer

Been really losing interest this year. Too much of the same. They need to change things up other than making a worse governor.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #1398
retro
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
Been really losing interest this year. Too much of the same. They need to change things up other than making a worse governor.
What more can they do? You can only take a dystopian show about zombies ruling the earth so far.

Movies like Children of Men, The Road sort are about a journey for survival that has a destination.

Waking Dead they just wander around with no plan other then to survive.

It is getting to be same ole same ole. Maybe Carol will have an interesting alternate story line.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #1399
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No matter what, when your Johnson is in someone's mouth a man don't think clearly, no matter the intentions of said mouth.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #1400
69bronco
Ring of Famer

Hopefully Daryl isn't dead him and Rick make the show cool.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote