The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #1151
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm assuming the horn is related to the so-called Wolves who tried to mug Morgan in an earlier episode. The writers of this show made something of a big deal out of the walkers with the 'W' carved in the foreheads, then let that storyline go silent. I think it now returns as the community battles for survival and ultimately fights the psychos who blew the horn.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #1152
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I get tired of three or four minutes of the show and then 4 minutes of commercials.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #1153
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup. Apparently 14.6 million people hate watched this episode.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-...gs-1201615801/
Everyone knows TWD is a massively popular rating juggernaut. What does that prove? The masses gobble up **** all the time. TWD isn't ****, but high ratings isn't some kind of indisputable evidence that it isn't.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #1154
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Everyone knows TWD is a massively popular rating juggernaut. What does that prove? The masses gobble up **** all the time. TWD isn't ****, but high ratings isn't some kind of indisputable evidence that it isn't.
No, I completely agree. Ratings don't mean quality. But, how many "terrible" shows, particularly dramas, have the ratings TWD does? I'll tell you how many: none. Over time bad shows lose their audience. And while TWD isn't a critical favorite, it does get generally positive reviews. 9/10 positive reviews so far this season on metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-walking-dead/season-6
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #1155
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
This show continues to piss me off, but at this point there is no quitting it. So the episode was pretty interesting. The plan, all the prep work, and it all was working. Like an hour and a half devoted to that. All down the drain over some horn. The entire episode kind of became a waste. So even when something finally happens, in the end, nothing happens.
You have no idea what is going to happen. I do think the town is coming together and understands the leadership that Rick's group brings to the townspeople. It was weird they never said anything about the scout team that was gone for a few weeks and then they show up at the gates.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #1156
ShaneFalco
Infamous

THE WOLVES ARE HERE
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #1157
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Stopped watching "Fear the Walking Dead" after the first few episodes -- none of the characters were even remotely likable. Not much point in watching, hoping an annoying character gets killed.

at the end (mostly in the final episode), a new character arises show will clearly be the leader going forward. not the sociopath barber (who murdered literally hundreds of people by his actions in the final episode)... not the wussy male teacher who is afraid of guns (and leaves the gate open to his neighborhood so all of his neighbors will get killed without being aware that they are no longer safely protected by a fence!!!)... not the mom who is aiding and abetting her son's drug habit, but a character with the right mindset and understanding to keep those alive that deserve to live.

you might want to watch the episodes you avoided, just to see if by the final episode it looks like FTWD has redeemed itself to you.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #1158
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
at the end (mostly in the final episode), a new character arises show will clearly be the leader going forward. not the sociopath barber (who murdered literally hundreds of people by his actions in the final episode)... not the wussy male teacher who is afraid of guns (and leaves the gate open to his neighborhood so all of his neighbors will get killed without being aware that they are no longer safely protected by a fence!!!)... not the mom who is aiding and abetting her son's drug habit, but a character with the right mindset and understanding to keep those alive that deserve to live.

you might want to watch the episodes you avoided, just to see if by the final episode it looks like FTWD has redeemed itself to you.
The black dude that led everyone to the house and yacht is by far the best character that show produced.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:43 PM   #1159
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot

Bell Biv DVOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
The black dude that led everyone to the house and yacht is by far the best character that show produced.
Yeah that guy is a man with a plan. But that wanna be Johnny Depp guy I can do without.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #1160
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Anyone think they will morph the characters of FDWD into TWD show? They are on the West Coast but you never know if they go East.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #1161
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

This weeks episode is Awesome!! Are these the Wolves?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #1162
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What an episode. Loved seeing Morgan go Darth Maul. Did he kill the "Wolf" at the end or just knock him unconscious? Everyone at Alexandria is jumping on the Rick wagon.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:33 PM   #1163
Gort
Ring of Famer

there really should be a rule... anyone over the age of 18 who can't or won't protect themselves should be left to their own devices.

2 or 3 years into the zombie apocalypse, it's time to stop indulging the weak and/or unwilling's fantasies that the world is anything like it used to be.

fight. or die.

kill. or be killed.

also, it looks like the teenage girl was doing recon for the wolves afterall. they had photos inside the gate and everything.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:36 PM   #1164
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
there really should be a rule... anyone over the age of 18 who can't or won't protect themselves should be left to their own devices.

2 or 3 years into the zombie apocalypse, it's time to stop indulging the weak and/or unwilling's fantasies that the world is anything like it used to be.

fight. or die.

kill. or be killed.

also, it looks like the teenage girl was doing recon for the wolves afterall. they had photos inside the gate and everything.
The gay dude found his own photos, the ones he used to advertise Alexandria to Rick's group. I thought that was interesting. You think the girl stole them?
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #1165
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
The gay dude found his own photos, the ones he used to advertise Alexandria to Rick's group. I thought that was interesting. You think the girl stole them?
not sure. somehow the wolves got them.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #1166
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
not sure. somehow the wolves got them.
he left them in the van at the end of last season when morgan rescued Darryl
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #1167
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

They said the name of the guy whose backpack it was on the next weeks previews on the walking dead computer sync on amc.com after the show was over you can probably still see it
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #1168
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

fight. or die.

kill. or be killed.

Good point on the girl. I am not sure it is her because the Wolves seem to kill everyone and no room for negotiations unlike our Black Ninja Jesus. It does seem odd that they don't fight with guns figuring they have terrorized enough people to get weapons. Something doesn't seem correct. I am also surprise they didn't break up the solar panels as they had photos to do so. I like seeing what the townspeople do or did in fighting action and how weak so many are when it is action time. Carol keeps up her personal except to the pantry keeper and probably will need to come up with some story but in reality, who cares as Rick's group is and has taken over Alexandria. Only stupid thing was killing all the Wolves when one of them could have exposed their camp location. Great episode!

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-18-2015 at 10:33 PM..
Old 10-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #1169
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Good point on the girl. I am not sure it is her because the Wolves seem to kill everyone and no room for negotiations unlike our Black Ninja Jesus. It does seem odd that they don't fight with guns figuring they have terrorized enough people to get weapons. Something doesn't seem correct. I am also surprise they didn't break up the solar panels as they had photos to do so. I like seeing what the townspeople do or did in fighting action and how weak so many are when it is action time. Carol keeps up her personal except to the pantry keeper and probably will need to come up with some story but in reality, who cares as Rick's group is and has taken over Alexandria. Only stupid thing was killing all the Wolves when one of them could have exposed their camp location. Great episode!
i'm worried the fat lady in the armory doesn't know it's over and in the next episode, one of the alexandrians will go there, open the door, and BLAM!... she'll shoot them dead.

i think Morgan took that one captive he was fighting with.

also, i guess the teenage girl didn't get the photos for the wolves. they found them in the backpack left behind by that one guy. still, she's suspicious to me. just survive somehow seems like a bit of a confession to me. she almost started confessing to carl earlier, but he wasn't listening. she seemed to be saying something about the lack of guardtowers and "that's how we..." before he cuts her off.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:04 AM   #1170
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Definitely one of the best episodes of the series so far. The episode was directed by Jennifer Lynch, daughter of David.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #1171
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Good episode...but I still freaking hate Carl. And all his Carl like buddies.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #1172
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

fun fun, its getting fun.

I do like that they have another nemesis to deal with besides the zombies. The zombies are coming in hot so I wonder what that means now for the next episode. It seems like Alexandria is secure again and they will stay for awhile.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #1173
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
The zombies are coming in hot so I wonder what that means now for the next episode. It seems like Alexandria is secure again and they will stay for awhile.
You think? If the walkers don't get rerouted I don't see how they could possibly stay. That many would bring the walls down. I assume this next episode will be the last of Alexandria.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #1174
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
You think? If the walkers don't get rerouted I don't see how they could possibly stay. That many would bring the walls down. I assume this next episode will be the last of Alexandria.
I have a feeling that the group gets them to turn around but doubtful their original plan works.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #1175
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
the TV series mostly follows the graphic novels. sometimes they change characters from the graphic novels to the show, with different characters performing actions or roles in the show than in the novels, but the storylines do tend to follow each other pretty closely.

warning - spoilers ahead - only click the following link if you want to know what *might* be in store for the rest of this TV season.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Al...omic_Series%29