The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #51
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Chad Kelly? Lol, what, did he have a good preseason game against the 2nd and 3rd string or something? He is more talented than Keenum? Lol, based on what?
Seriously, you got to be kidding.
"talented"... I think there is no doubt. Better arm strength, more athletic, he received the highest accuracy score in history on that sports science show, etc.

Have you watched Keenum? Keenum may be the better QB overall based on other factors but he has very little talent. I mean his own coach and GM are reduced to "superlatives" like "gritty" and "moxie" to describe the guy.

As far as pure QB and arm talent unequivocally Kelly has more. Now what that is worth in the long run..who knows (Jay Cutler)
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:54 AM   #52
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yet he was a 7th round pick. If he were regarded that highly he would of went higher. This is a QB desperate league. Someone at ESPN science labs needs a drug test.
Keep dreaming about that. But, as a division rival, I say start him!
And Keenum went undrafted so based on your criteria Kelly is more talented.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #53
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"talented"... I think there is no doubt. Better arm strength, more athletic, he received the highest accuracy score in history on that sports science show, etc.

Have you watched Keenum? Keenum may be the better QB overall based on other factors but he has very little talent. I mean his own coach and GM are reduced to "superlatives" like "gritty" and "moxie" to describe the guy.

As far as pure QB and arm talent unequivocally Kelly has more. Now what that is worth in the long run..who knows (Jay Cutler)
And what did Zimmer refer to him as? Something about Horseshoe's. In other words, he's just been lucky.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #54
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Kelly's more talented than Keenum, we'll never know until he gets to play in live games shrugs.

If he can be good or not, but he did play pretty well in preseason, lot of NFL people raved about him.
Lot of players do well in preseason against vanilla defenses...even our scrub backup Geno Smith played well. I think Geno sucks
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:58 AM   #55
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Lot of players do well in preseason against vanilla defenses...even our scrub backup Geno Smith played well. I think Geno sucks
Normally i agree but Kelly made alot of NFL level throws but he's still without a doubt more talented than Keenum.

More mobile, better arm talent, better at fitting balls into tight windows and giving receivers a chance to get it. We'll never know until he gets a chance if he does.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #56
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

#MeToo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
that.. or he'll throw a few picks and shrug like he's annoyed to be there
Considering we only have four interceptions in six games and are 20th in the league in this category, that doesn’t seem very likely...Meanwhile, Rosen has only thrown one interception in his three games as the starter.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:02 AM   #57
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Kelly's more talented than Keenum, we'll never know until he gets to play in live games shrugs.

If he can be good or not, but he did play pretty well in preseason, lot of NFL people raved about him.
No he isn't right now. He may develop to be better than Keenum but he isn't right now. sounds like you're putting a lot of faith in somebody who look good in preseason against second and third stringers but hey I guess that's what you got to go on
Old 10-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #58
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No he isn't right now. He may develop to be better than Keenum but he isn't right now. sounds like you're putting a lot of faith in somebody who look good in preseason against second and third stringers but hey I guess that's what you got to go on
What you don't seem to understand is we don't care about right now. Keenum is the 29th rated QB in the league and this team is going nowhere. Keenum is down there with the Darnolds, Bortles, Allens, Mayfields, Mariotas of the league.

Why would we care if our QB was rated 32nd instead of 29th but actually had theoretical upside instead of being a maxed out 6 year journeyman?

Of course all that is premised on the belief that a team that had 4 of their first 6 games at home winning 2 and is 1-11 in their last 12 road games is not going on some big playoff run.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:26 AM   #59
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
What you don't seem to understand is we don't care about right now. Keenum is the 29th rated QB in the league and this team is going nowhere. Keenum is down there with the Darnolds, Bortles, Allens, Mayfields, Mariotas of the league.

Why would we care if our QB was rated 32nd instead of 29th but actually had theoretical upside instead of being a maxed out 6 year journeyman?

Of course all that is premised on the belief that a team that had 4 of their first 6 games at home winning 2 and is 1-11 in their last 12 road games is not going on some big playoff run.
well Keenum for the most part has been playing from behind which isnt the most comfortable situation. Who you should be down on is John Elway. Asside for making easy decisions like signing Peyton Manning and drafting Von Miller number 2, this is the year he should have drafted a quarterback not another pass rusher. He hasn't made the best decisions as a GM but, he did score with Peyton.
Keenum isn't.your biggest problem, your defense is.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #60
socalorado
Ring of Famer

And in typical fairweather fan fashion, SpaklerDolt shows up after he reads the media reports telling him his travel team is "good" again.
Stickers back on his minivan!
Old 10-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #61
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
well Keenum for the most part has been playing from behind which isnt the most comfortable situation. Who you should be down on is John Elway. Asside for making easy decisions like signing Peyton Manning and drafting Von Miller number 2, this is the year he should have drafted a quarterback not another pass rusher. He hasn't made the best decisions as a GM but, he did score with Peyton.
Defense played bad vs the Jets, but other than that, they've been ok imo.

Denver's the only team to even remotely slow down KC and the Rams. Ravens scored 27, Seahawks 24, Raiders 19. Defense has played fine, if Keenum had a pulse, Denver probably beats KC and the Rams, those were winnable games.

Considering the NFL rules in todays game, the offense has scored 27, 20, 14, 23, 20 and 16. Denver has too many weapons to be that bad on offense.

Last edited by LikeABoss5820; 10-18-2018 at 10:43 AM..
Old 10-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #62
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yes I am down on Elway, as a 7-15 run would warrant.

Keenum is our biggest problem though looking forward. As in, lack of a QB in the NFL will doom you and he is playing like a rookie and has been the biggest weak spot on offense.

Joe Woods sucks and the defense has regressed majorly but in the losses the Keenum lead offense has scored 14, 23, 16 and 20 points.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:43 AM   #63
ShaneFalco
Infamous

at least charger fans are still happy keesum is starting
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #64
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
And in typical fairweather fan fashion, SpaklerDolt shows up after he reads the media reports telling him his travel team is "good" again.
Stickers back on his minivan!
Nothing to do with it. I don't think we are winning any Superbowl this year but we are making progress. I'm pretty fair and I don't come here to talk smack. Just stating what I believe to be true. Many here thought Tebow was a good QB while I said he wasn't. I just think your homering for Kelly who won't be much more than a backup Elway screwed you in the QB department by not drafting a QB when you had the fifth pick.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-18-2018 at 11:45 AM..
Old 10-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #65
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Nothing to do with it. I don't think we are winning any Superbowl this year but we are making progress. I'm pretty fast and I don't come here to talk smack. Just stating what I believe to be true. Many here thought Tebow was a good QB while I said he wasn't. I just think your homering for Kelly who won't be much more than a backup Elway screwed you in the QB department by not drafting a QB when you had the fifth pick.
Odds are Kelly wont pan out, but what we do know is that Keenum isnt it. Denver needs to see for better or worse what they have in Kelly before taking one in the next draft or two.

The team isnt winning anything this year, they should be evaluating young players to see what they have.

It's also easy to say signing Peyton was easy but he sold Peyton coming to Denver. It's also easy to say Von was an easy pick at 2 but most wanted Dareus due to our DT situaton at the time. And Peterson, among some others. Wasnt an easy pick.

Regarding Kelly, can we at least find out if he's any good or not, we know what Keenum is.

Last edited by LikeABoss5820; 10-18-2018 at 10:56 AM..
Old 10-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #66
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Nothing to do with it. I don't think we are winning any Superbowl this year but we are making progress. I'm pretty fast and I don't come here to talk smack. Just stating what I believe to be true. Many here thought Tebow was a good QB while I said he wasn't. I just think your homering for Kelly who won't be much more than a backup Elway screwed you in the QB department by not drafting a QB when you had the fifth pick.
Who cares what you think?
Old 10-18-2018, 10:50 AM   #67
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Eh, I'm not all that confident josh Allen will amount to much. I do like Rosen better, but putting a magical number 5 draft slot next to a QB doesn't make him good.

Also, as someone who ****ing hates revisionist history, Elway does deserve credit for Manning and Von. First off, yes, it's easy to want Manning, but Elway sold him on Denver. As for Von, though many wanted him here, there were many, many, many, many who wanted Marcel Dareus or Patrick Peterson.

Oh, and Keenum sucks. Part of the reason we play from behind is because he sucks. Maybe he'll get it together, but I can't imagine him ever being all that great. Who knows what Kelly will be. Maybe he will suck. But can we please find out?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #68
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Which tends to happen when a QB can't get the job done on 3rd downs and in the red zone.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #69
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mmm... this is pretty

Old 10-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #70
RonStoppable
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:

Joke of the day, thank you
RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #71
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Peyton is perfect for something like this.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #72
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Mmm... this is pretty

I just watched the Peyton detail thing. Pretty interesting.

He applauds Rosen's throw on this play, but comments that it's the wrong read. He should have hit Fitzgerald on the cross and it probably goes for a TD.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #73
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

That Chubb pick is looking really freaking good right now. 6.5 sacks so far.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:43 AM   #74
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That Chubb pick is looking really freaking good right now. 6.5 sacks so far.
Again, the pick always looked good. The difference is the sacks are coming now. He was playing the run pretty well and adjusting to being an OLB.

The stats weren't coming because of the scheme dropping him into coverage along with Von.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #75
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Again, the pick always looked good. The difference is the sacks are coming now. He was playing the run pretty well and adjusting to being an OLB.

The stats weren't coming because of the scheme dropping him into coverage along with Von.
Nobody was playing the run pretty well prior to Arizona.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote