The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 06:42 PM   #101
Bronx33
We Stink
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Camaraderie-ship for all

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 52,231

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel
Default

A shovel handle could take over coaching for all I care just as long as its not VJ.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #102
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 33,117

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post




VJ as the option is better? Canít see that as he ****s up the most basic HC duties. Musgrave IMO can call the offense and HC for 7 games.


The players are quickly losing why they want to be Broncos.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #103
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,797
Default

Pretty soon thereís going to be a new HC, OC, DC, and QB. Itís going to be a whole new program.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #104
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Pretty soon thereís going to be a new HC, OC, DC, and QB. Itís going to be a whole new program.
yes...that's how it should be.
go_broncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:52 PM   #105
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,863

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 7 View Post
Take Joe Woods with him
Defense has been playing pretty good lately.

Woods isnt the problem if hes been calling plays.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #106
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 33,117

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Pretty soon thereís going to be a new HC, OC, DC, and QB. Itís going to be a whole new program.


Iíve been waiting going on 2 years now.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #107
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

The only way he was getting fired in-season is if they had the doors blown off in the first 4 games, and they came out of that 2-2.

They were “too competitive” against KCx2, LAR, and now Houston to justify it either.

Let him finish it out in hopes of 3- or 4- wins. Clean it out after the season.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #108
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer
 
MplsBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,827
Default

Fire him tomorrow. Sends the absolute right message IMO. There's no way he deserves to finish out the season. He is embarrassing the organization.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #109
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 11,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
Fire him tomorrow. Sends the absolute right message IMO. There's no way he deserves to finish out the season. He is embarrassing the organization.
Sends the right message to WHO?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #110
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 30,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
The only way he was getting fired in-season is if they had the doors blown off in the first 4 games, and they came out of that 2-2.

They were ďtoo competitiveĒ against KCx2, LAR, and now Houston to justify it either.

Let him finish it out in hopes of 3- or 4- wins. Clean it out after the season.
And this is why he'll probably get another season
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #111
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
And this is why he'll probably get another season
Heís not getting another season.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #112
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35,486

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Defense has been playing pretty good lately.

Woods isnt the problem if hes been calling plays.
It's hard to get a feel for Woods since we don't really know how much is on him and how much is on Radio.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #113
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 30,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Heís not getting another season.
I'll believe it when I see it and God I hope it's tonight
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #114
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,635
Default

More of a punishment to make him coach out the whole season.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #115
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35,486

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
VJ as the option is better? Canít see that as he ****s up the most basic HC duties. Musgrave IMO can call the offense and HC for 7 games.


The players are quickly losing why they want to be Broncos.
This is what I don't get. You could name anyone on the staff and they'd be just as qualified to be the head coach for the rest of the season as that retard.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #116
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,863

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's hard to get a feel for Woods since we don't really know how much is on him and how much is on Radio.
This is fair but the defense is far from the teams problems.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #117
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
This is fair but the defense is far from the teams problems.
That's the point. Any issues the D is having might not be on Woods.
It might be Radios idiotic defensive ideas being forced on Woods.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #118
BroncosCR
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 112

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I'll believe it when I see it and God I hope it's tonight
Nothing would make me happier than waking up tomorrow to the news that Vance Joseph has been fired...
BroncosCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:19 PM   #119
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,863

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
And this is why he'll probably get another season
He might finish the year out, but he'd have to do alot to get another year.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #120
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 7,244
Default

Just keep him we need a better draft pick.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #121
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
RIP TGN & Baja, TY for the memories

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 17,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gig'em #58
Default

I don't understand why everyone wants VJ fired... sorry friends, Broncos need a lot of pieces and the way to get them is through the draft. Win a couple of these meaningless games and pick at #12 instead of # 5. Last year it was a meaningless win or two (jets/colts) that took away our chance to draft Sam Darnold. This year it will be a dominant CB or OT that we lose out on.

Keep VJ as the coach, nobody else can come in and give us the best possible chance at a high first round pick!

BTW, did anybody hear DT's post game presser? He basically said that he likes it in Houston... "nobody throws blame when things don't as planned here. We are a real team and have each other's back." The state of the Broncos is in a very bad place. Started with Wade Philips.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #122
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 8,057
Default

Isn't Woods getting better overall? He is still a young coach who has put up decent stats. I dunno, I wont care if he leaves, but coaches do get better at game planning. They improve. Even that dumb hick Wade probably wasnt as good as he is now in his 2nd year.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #123
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35,486

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
This is fair but the defense is far from the teams problems.
Their defensive rankings are actually worse than their offensive stats, outside of points scored vs points allowed. At best they have been mediocre, and it's probably more fair to say they are below average. They are definitely part of the problem.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #124
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35,486

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I don't understand why everyone wants VJ fired... sorry friends, Broncos need a lot of pieces and the way to get them is through the draft. Win a couple of these meaningless games and pick at #12 instead of # 5. Last year it was a meaningless win or two (jets/colts) that took away our chance to draft Sam Darnold. This year it will be a dominant CB or OT that we lose out on.

Keep VJ as the coach, nobody else can come in and give us the best possible chance at a high first round pick!

BTW, did anybody hear DT's post game presser? He basically said that he likes it in Houston... "nobody throws blame when things don't as planned here. We are a real team and have each other's back." The state of the Broncos is in a very bad place. Started with Wade Philips.
Mostly I think it's for piece of mind, so that we don't have that nagging fear that he'll stick around for another season. It's not like interim coaches tend to win or anything, and hell, if an interim coach did come in and turn things around we might well have found our head coach. Of course this is coming from the angle of promoting a position coach over any of the coordinators, like we did with Studesville.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #125
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Their defensive rankings are actually worse than their offensive stats, outside of points scored vs points allowed. At best they have been mediocre, and it's probably more fair to say they are below average. They are definitely part of the problem.
I just wonder if Radio has a heavy hand in the secondary. Which should be the best aspect of this team. You know, cause Radio was a secondary coach.
And yet.......
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Denver Broncos