The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #76
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

I like Leonard, but I'm wondering how he plays outside Pop's system and coaching on a team that didn't draft him and blend him into it from the jump. The history of elite San Antonio players going elsewhere is...what? I'm struggling to recall if there are any.

I'm not saying he's just a system player, but it's worth noting that high dollar free agents who are malcontents don't always perform to expectations when they leave.

See Carmelo Anthony.

I wouldn't give up the king's ransom I see being discussed in here for him.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #77
TonyR
Franchise Poster

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #78
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

As much as I like James, this continuous career-long tour of the league in pursuit of the next super team adventure has grown tiresome. I think he needs an asterisk behind his championships. Players in previous eras didn't have this option, and it's not healthy for the game IMO. He's 33...I wonder how much longer he has before he begins to decline or simply lose his margin of elite play to the point where he's no longer worth the huge payday?
Old 07-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #79
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Says Lebron has made his decision and will announce on Tuesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...P07?li=BBnb7Kz
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #80
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I'm wondering if it's Philadelphia. He's not going to win in LA unless they get Kawhi. Unless a team like Houston can figure out a way to fit him the Sixers appear to be by far his best option. Unless he stays in Cleveland, which I can't imagine.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:12 AM   #81
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
As much as I like James, this continuous career-long tour of the league in pursuit of the next super team adventure has grown tiresome. I think he needs an asterisk behind his championships. Players in previous eras didn't have this option, and it's not healthy for the game IMO. He's 33...I wonder how much longer he has before he begins to decline or simply lose his margin of elite play to the point where he's no longer worth the huge payday?
Thatís ridiculous because heís also facing super teams. And most of these great old teams you love were super teams in their own right
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #82
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm wondering if it's Philadelphia. He's not going to win in LA unless they get Kawhi. Unless a team like Houston can figure out a way to fit him the Sixers appear to be by far his best option. Unless he stays in Cleveland, which I can't imagine.
Sixers also have th firepower to get kawhi. If they do, itís his best option. Sixers would just need to clear salary for both which shouldnít be too difficult. The only thing that would give me pause is kawhis injury. But phillys doc would know since he treated him

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 07-01-2018 at 11:17 AM..
Old 07-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #83
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So what are the Nuggets doing to improve? Signing Jokic is cool but that simply keeps the roster intact. Signing Barton, aka Mr. Inconsistent, is a joke, especially with Malone treating him like Kobe Bryant. This just stunts Murray's growth in big moments. He should be "the guy", or even Harris, not Barton. Also there is young talent in Beasley and Juancho who are overdue for their chance. Connelly's friendship with Barton clouded his judgment IMO.

It's ridiculous that Chandler, Faried, Plumlee, and Arthur combine for ~$45m/year. Two don't even play.

The Nuggets should be one of those young, hungry, and high-energy teams gelling into something special. A vet or two who can mentor and slow the game down would be cool. Maybe that's Millsap.

There is so much dead weight.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:31 AM   #84
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
So what are the Nuggets doing to improve? Signing Jokic is cool but that simply keeps the roster intact. Signing Barton, aka Mr. Inconsistent, is a joke, especially with Malone treating him like Kobe Bryant. This just stunts Murray's growth in big moments. He should be "the guy", or even Harris, not Barton. Also there is young talent in Beasley and Juancho who are overdue for their chance. Connelly's friendship with Barton clouded his judgment IMO.

It's ridiculous that Chandler, Faried, Plumlee, and Arthur combine for ~$45m/year. Two don't even play.

The Nuggets should be one of those young, hungry, and high-energy teams gelling into something special. A vet or two who can lead and slow the game down would be cool. Maybe that's Millsap.

I was a little puzzled by Barton too. Theyíre really gonna have to find a way to unload Faried and Arthur. Maybe chandler too, though I have no clue how without giving up picks. Maybe they will attack picks to them. Talent isnít really Denverís problem so I guess thatís a good problem to have
Old 07-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #85
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Thatís ridiculous because heís also facing super teams. And most of these great old teams you love were super teams in their own right
They weren't super teams constructed by elite players all banding together to join a single roster, which is the difference. The Russell era Celtics were the most dominant NBA team in history, but they did it without this kind of elitist model where players are running the show and they just choose to give up on their own team and join a better one. I like the idea of teams building something, players striving together to get better, and teams building dynasties with smarts, not checkbooks.

Why not just put the top dozen players all on the same team and the rest of the league can then collectively serve as their Washington Generals?
Old 07-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #86
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
... It's ridiculous that Chandler, Faried, Plumlee, and Arthur combine for ~$45m/year. Two don't even play. ...
Faried and Arthur have expiring contracts so I'd expect them to try to trade one or both of them. And I saw it suggested that they could try to move Chandler and/or Plumlee as well. But yeah, I don't expect any major improvements unfortunately.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #87
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:

The Nuggets should be one of those young, hungry, and high-energy teams gelling into something special. A vet or two who can mentor and slow the game down would be cool. Maybe that's Millsap.

Barton got 4/$53 mill, which means they apparently didn't learn their lesson with Faried or Plumlee. Malone preaches defense, but they sign a guy who can't play any for more than he's worth. Now they'll be wondering why they suck on defense again this year. Meanwhile, Beasley can, but he's going to be gone soon. I wonder if they have any idea what they're doing sometimes. Another guy they need to keep and probably won't, is Trey Lyles, who is 6'10", can shoot the 3, drive inside, and he's barely scratched the surface of his potential. Instead of thinking about this, and his long-term value at the 4 spot once Millsap is done, they're out there trying to lure Labron James in here...like that's going to happen.

Dumb.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:43 AM   #88
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
They weren't super teams constructed by elite players all banding together to join a single roster, which is the difference. The Russell era Celtics were the most dominant NBA team in history, but they did it without this kind of elitist model where players are running the show and they just choose to give up on their own team and join a better one. I like the idea of teams building something, players striving together to get better, and teams building dynasties with smarts, not checkbooks.

Why not just put the top dozen players all on the same team and the rest of the league can then collectively serve as their Washington Generals?
They did it with a team of hall of famers who didnít have free agency. Heíll there were how many teams back then? Youíre glorifying the past
Old 07-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #89
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
They did it with a team of hall of famers who didnít have free agency. Heíll there were how many teams back then? Youíre glorifying the past
Sometimes the past should be glorified.

These super teams merely eliminate any franchise that doesn't have beaches and big media markets from competition. Why else would a guy like Leonard leave a great organization for a cluster**** like the Lakers? Where is the suspense when you already know the team with the 4 superstars is going to win it again? In the modern NBA, a team like the Nuggets only exists to provide the glamor teams with an opponent every night...just like the Washington Generals did.

This is why the college game is better, even with the problem of players leaving early, at least you know there's a fighting chance an underdog can rise up in the tournament.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #90
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Nuggets are frantically trying to get a meeting with Lebron apparently. I have to admit the idea of Joker snd Lebron would be amazing. Will never happen though even if the Nuggets are more talented than the Cavs and Lakers
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #91
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Sometimes the past should be glorified.

These super teams merely eliminate any franchise that doesn't have beaches and big media markets from competition. Why else would a guy like Leonard leave a great organization for a cluster**** like the Lakers? Where is the suspense when you already know the team with the 4 superstars is going to win it again? In the modern NBA, a team like the Nuggets only exists to provide the glamor teams with an opponent every night...just like the Washington Generals did.

This is why the college game is better, even with the problem of players leaving early, at least you know there's a fighting chance an underdog can rise up in the tournament.
Yes. OKC. great beachfront property. Same with Cleveland. Oakland? Are we pretending this is some huge, amazing city. NYC is the basketball Mecca and no one wants to play there. So this isnít exactly true

Kawhi is from Southern California isnít he? That might help explain jt
Old 07-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #92
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Nuggets are frantically trying to get a meeting with Lebron apparently. I have to admit the idea of Joker snd Lebron would be amazing. Will never happen though even if the Nuggets are more talented than the Cavs and Lakers
I donít think lebron and Jokic are a great fit actually. Theyíd make it work. Either way, wonít happen. Donít see how it possibly could
Old 07-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #93
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #94
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #95
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Yes. OKC. great beachfront property. Same with Cleveland. Oakland? Are we pretending this is some huge, amazing city. NYC is the basketball Mecca and no one wants to play there. So this isnít exactly true

Kawhi is from Southern California isnít he? That might help explain jt
OKC DRAFTED their guys, then lost the best of them to the same issue I'm discussing. Lebron only came back to Cleveland because he grew up there...now look what he's doing. I don't blame him that much for leaving...who wouldn't? But that hardly explains his other tour in Miami and now this one. As for Oakland...it's in the Bay Area, and yes it's one of the great places to live. Nobody wants to play in NYC? Does Carmello Anthony ring a bell? They've only now abandoned that idea in the wake of the obvious fact that the Knicks are idiots who can't build a team. It's also cold and nasty there in the winter...beaches are littered with garbage, not hot women in bikinis and suntan oil.

Go down the list...from Shaq to Leonard, Wade (who wouldn't come here either)...it's obvious players want to be where the limelight and the nightlife are, the coastal cities with warm climates, etc. I don't blame them...but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

Let me know when they line up to come to Denver will you? I eagerly await our future superteam championships.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:59 PM   #96
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post

Thatís trash. Philly will need to come with more than that.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #97
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
OKC DRAFTED their guys, then lost the best of them to the same issue I'm discussing. Lebron only came back to Cleveland because he grew up there...now look what he's doing. I don't blame him that much for leaving...who wouldn't? But that hardly explains his other tour in Miami and now this one. As for Oakland...it's in the Bay Area, and yes it's one of the great places to live. Nobody wants to play in NYC? Does Carmello Anthony ring a bell? They've only now abandoned that idea in the wake of the obvious fact that the Knicks are idiots who can't build a team. It's also cold and nasty there in the winter...beaches are littered with garbage, not hot women in bikinis and suntan oil.

Go down the list...from Shaq to Leonard, Wade (who wouldn't come here either)...it's obvious players want to be where the limelight and the nightlife are, the coastal cities with warm climates, etc. I don't blame them...but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

Let me know when they line up to come to Denver will you? I eagerly await our future superteam championships.

Leonard is from LA and his uncle wants him there.

Heís also one of the most quiet and emotionless player in the league. Not exactly limelight hungry. His family is in LA and he grew up there.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 07-01-2018 at 01:03 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #98
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

OKC drafted Paul George? Musta missed that one!

The Knicks have been trying to get talent for 20 years and have melo and a broke down stoudamire to show for it. So no, people arenít dying to go there, at least not at the expense of other places. Iím not saying big cities arenít a draw. Iím saying these little markets arenít at a HUGE disadvantage. Great players wanna play with great players regardless of where they are
Old 07-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #99
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Leonard is from LA and his uncle wants him there.

Heís also one of the most quiet and emotionless player in the league. Not exactly limelight hungry. His family is in LA and he grew up there.
Doesnít it seem like lebron and kawhi will end up together? LA or philly? Somethings in the works here
Old 07-01-2018, 01:55 PM   #100
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Thatís trash. Philly will need to come with more than that.
If Iím philly, Iím offering saric, Covington, fultz, a pick. Iím you want Landry shamet fine. Any more than that youíre taking the Bayless contract too

Then you can have embiid, Simmons, brown, kawhi, bring back Redick for the midlevel and hope to hell some of those young guys on the bench can play