The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #176
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

The guy shut down megatron a couple weeks back. I'd take Peterson over Talib any day.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:53 AM   #177
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Chris Harris is better.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #178
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
The guy shut down megatron a couple weeks back. I'd take Peterson over Talib any day.
An injured Megatron. But, i would also take Peterson over Talib.
jmz313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #179
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Who that used to say the Broncos made a huge mistake by taking Miller over Peterson.... I mean he would say this ALL THE TIME, IN EVERY THREAD for awhile?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #180
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I don't know of any poster on the board with a clearer agenda regarding a player on another team than you, and it's incredibly weird.

As I mentioned, of course you didn't bump this thread during any of this previous four game stretch:

Cowboys: Dez Bryant - 0 catches until final garbage time drive
St Louis: Shut down performance including 2 picks a TD
Detroit: Calvin Johnson held to very low production
Seattle: Another shut down performance

Your axe to grind is predictable and sad.
I said he played lights out the past few weeks. Let's be honest though Bryant was shut down by his QB more the your boy. Megatron was on one foot. How about Jeremy Maclin before the Cowboys game? Very similar to Sunday. I didn't bump this thread after Maclin's career day. St Louis was an amazing performance and I didn't watch Seattle game with Denver on at the same time. If you are the best in the league you don't have games multiple times like last Sunday in a year. Arian's calling him out is very fitting to this thread.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 12-02-2014 at 07:47 AM..
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #181
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Once again, you're full of **** and lying to make him look worse on a message board for a team in a different conference...

It's still weird.
That is only 70 yards and 2 catches on his 12 catch 187 yard day.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #182
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Holy hell. The only thing worth reading in this bumped thread is Agamemnon's take that Harris Jr. is better. Otherwise, who gives a crap? Von was clearly a great pick for the Broncos and Peterson is clearly a solid CB.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #183
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I agree with Rev that Peterson is elite. But I can't put him over Revis right now.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #184
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I'm with you DenverDUI. Cardinals suck. Hate em, glad the clock finally struck midnight. Go back and look at every game....they could literally be 0-12. Every single game was winnable by the other team in the fourth quarter.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #185
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
I think that's fair. Revis got worked against the Pack a few times this week but he's put together one of his better seasons.
Chris Harris is better than Revis.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #186
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh for ****s sake... I just showed screen shots of you being full of **** (this is what, the 10th time you've been caught lying about this exact subject?) and your reply is "Oh it was the other ones that I have no evidence of and probably didnt even watch!"

Gtfo kid
I have asked you multiple times to show proof and you never can. You cherry picked to plays that were on the highlights because you know the other 10 catches don't fit your argument. Hey I'm just pointing out his coach is calling him out. He has had a several AWFUL games this year and a couple great games that is all. He has also given up a lot of TD's and had a ton of penalty's that is all.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #187
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
See above
All I was doing was wasting your time and I am glad you wasted your time googling etc. You could of easily said he didn't really play in that game because he got knocked the **** out if you really knew anything about that game. This whole argument just proves you defend him blindly and then hope you are right. There isn't a more overrated CB than Peterson. Maclin had 5 for 55 drawing one penalty before PP was knocked out.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #188
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Is your favorite band the Spin Doctors?

Sad piece of **** gets caught in another lie, spins it to "I was just wasting your time".
Nope just proving you don't actually watch him play other than highlights and boxscores. Totally off subject but have you figured out IP addresses and what poster I had to of been in the past?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #189
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
All I was doing was wasting your time and I am glad you wasted your time googling etc. You could of easily said he didn't really play in that game because he got knocked the **** out if you really knew anything about that game. This whole argument just proves you defend him blindly and then hope you are right. There isn't a more overrated CB than Peterson. Maclin had 5 for 55 drawing one penalty before PP was knocked out.
100% correct.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #190
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
It was a rough week all around for Arizona. Turnovers cost them, they had flubs on special teams, and Steven Jackson turned in the first 100-yard rushing game against the Cardinals all season. But no one had a worse afternoon than Peterson.

Julio Jones had a monster day — 10 catches for 189 yards and a touchdown — just a few days after Peterson brought up besting Jones during their LSU-Alabama showdowns. It was mostly harmless, but Peterson’s talk and Jones’s response are indicative of exactly what the Cardinals can’t afford down the stretch. Peterson was paid like the best cornerback in football this offseason because in many ways that’s what he’d been. Arizona had the league’s best DVOA against no. 1 receivers last year, with Peterson spending most of his time shadowing the other team’s best option. There’s been a slight drop-off this year— the Cardinals were eighth before yesterday — but for the most part, Arizona has done well slowing down what other passing offenses do best.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nf...rs-and-losers/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #191
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I agree with Rev that Peterson is elite. But I can't put him over Revis right now.
He hasn't been elite this year.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #192
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
1. Actually I think it proves that's exactly what you do... Reference your "Maclin career day" post

2. I'm also not the one making false claims

3. I'm also not the one bumping this thread
I just proved that is what you do. I actually go to cardinal games when the Broncos aren't playing at late games. I hear all the sports talk all week every week. REV genius in boxscores, GIFs, and blind homerism.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #193
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Patrick Peterson

It was a rough week all around for Arizona. Turnovers cost them, they had flubs on special teams, and Steven Jackson turned in the first 100-yard rushing game against the Cardinals all season. But no one had a worse afternoon than Peterson.

Julio Jones had a monster day — 10 catches for 189 yards and a touchdown — just a few days after Peterson brought up besting Jones during their LSU-Alabama showdowns. It was mostly harmless, but Peterson’s talk and Jones’s response are indicative of exactly what the Cardinals can’t afford down the stretch. Peterson was paid like the best cornerback in football this offseason because in many ways that’s what he’d been. Arizona had the league’s best DVOA against no. 1 receivers last year, with Peterson spending most of his time shadowing the other team’s best option. There’s been a slight drop-off this year— the Cardinals were eighth before yesterday — but for the most part, Arizona has done well slowing down what other passing offenses do best.

With Carson Palmer hurt and the run game DOA, the Cardinals defense is going to have to carry them to the playoffs. But if Arizona starts falling off in the places where it’s usually among the league’s best, there’s a chance it could go from chasing the no. 1 seed to falling out of the postseason entirely.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #194
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Guess Who, look 3 posts up.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #195
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Patrick Peterson

With Carson Palmer hurt and the run game DOA, the Cardinals defense is going to have to carry them to the playoffs. But if Arizona starts falling off in the places where it’s usually among the league’s best, there’s a chance it could go from chasing the no. 1 seed to falling out of the postseason entirely.

Meanwhile people just don't complete passes against Chris Harris and no one talks about it.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #196
Flacko
UDFA

3x Champions

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane Ray

Quote:
Side note: I think recently there's been a lot of talk about no one talking about it. That strikes me as odd.

More direct note: I hope we can afford to keep him.
Shhh! Mr Elway doesn't want people to notice Harris Jr.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #197
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Peterson has been either great or below average in most games. The one thing he's lacked this year is consistency. He'll have a terrific game and then he'll come out and lay an egg in the next.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #198
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Chris Harris is better than Revis.
He needs to put more seasons like this one.

I just hope we're able to afford Harris after this year.

He's gonna get/want bank.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #199
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Side note: I think recently there's been a lot of talk about no one talking about it. That strikes me as odd.

More direct note: I hope we can afford to keep him.
Outside of Bronco fans I haven't heard people talking about him or how he isn't talked about. Nationally he's pretty much unknown.