The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Photoshop Fun
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default My Masterwork........

My preoccupation with creating images continues....

Friend of mine who's a doc says, "Not a problem. Lots of guys your age take up oil painting." He's right. But oil painting is a mess, so this is my outlet, and my quest is to become a "recognized expert" in the humble art of electronic cut and paste:




This is the Original 1280x1024 ... on loan from Buff Galleries to the OrangeMane.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 04-08-2016 at 11:00 AM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Wow ... 68 views and not a peep outta ya ... is it that bad or just boring?


Not much hope for this one, but it's my own personal thread I guess .....


Still working on image creation ... goal is to become a recognized expert in the humble art of electronic cut and paste.......

But I have a ways to go, I thought I could get some advice here. This image is from scratch - recreating one of the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen: 4:55 a.m., eastbound on Roosevelt in North Seattle, and the sun hung like a giant cherry against a super smooth blanket of dove grey sky (f'ing phone battery was dead). I've searched and searched images, and indeed the discrete natures of the sun and its one color -- against the sky and its one color - seems unique. Can't find anything like it.


PROBLEMS I SEE: Greenery on edges too green for as dark as it is; pavement bad; perspective might be screwy; reflection of am/pm sign too light.. Somebody said it wasn't centered, but I think that's ok.


I'm using Photoshop Elements and - gulp - Paint. It's easy to maneuver with.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 AM   #3
Das Rote Baron
Haters Gonna Hate
 
Das Rote Baron's Avatar
 
One For The Thumb

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: City of New England
Posts: 1,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Wow ... 68 views and not a peep outta ya ... is it that bad or just boring?


Not much hope for this one, but it's my own personal thread I guess .....


Still working on image creation ... goal is to become a recognized expert in the humble art of electronic cut and paste.......

But I have a ways to go, I thought I could get some advice here. This image is from scratch - recreating one of the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen: 4:55 a.m., eastbound on Roosevelt in North Seattle, and the sun hung like a giant cherry against a super smooth blanket of dove grey sky (f'ing phone battery was dead). I've searched and searched images, and indeed the discrete natures of the sun and its one color -- against the sky and its one color - seems unique. Can't find anything like it.


PROBLEMS I SEE: Greenery on edges too green for as dark as it is; pavement bad; perspective might be screwy; reflection of am/pm sign too light.. Somebody said it wasn't centered, but I think that's ok.


I'm using Photoshop Elements and - gulp - Paint. It's easy to maneuver with.
Rasterize.
Das Rote Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:25 AM   #4
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Rote Baron View Post
Rasterize.
Thanks for taking the time.

Do you mean save as a bitmap?

I've done that ... and if you're referring to the blurred edges of the sun, that's actually one of the best parts, as it represents what I actually saw. I started with a red ball, resized it like 40x larger and saved it .... then shrunk it to 15% and saved it, then .... back and forth until the edge looked right.




Gave it a mid-grey background - all the white behind it makes it hard to differentiate between colors and textures.








W-I-D-E-N-E-D the perspective on the street - both sides; lowered the height of the street-sky 'event horizon' one pixel; cleaned up the reflections of am/pm sign and lights on building.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #5
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default



Long overdue ENLARGEMENT ....

At this size the sun actually it looks a bit too large.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default


Last edited by BroncoBuff; 06-19-2017 at 08:39 PM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #7
slick7
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Fat Lever! Loved that guy. You're missing Alex English.
slick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:50 PM   #8
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick7 View Post
Fat Lever! Loved that guy. You're missing Alex English.
Fat - my favorite athlete ever (three-way tie)

Yeah, I shouldda found room for the Silent Assassin ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:08 AM   #9
LongDongJohnson
CUCK
 
LongDongJohnson's Avatar
 
CUCK

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CUCK
Posts: 3,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CUCK
Default

Looks like ****
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Looks like ****

... Okay okay, but at least let me know, which part of which one most offends you?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:21 PM   #11
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

I read the thread title and thought I was going to be treated to an upper decker.

Thank god no.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #12
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I read the thread title and thought I was going to be treated to an upper decker.

Thank god no.
Thread title is tongue-in-cheek ... but how about some constructive criticism?


The Nuggets piece does look kinda amateurish, but I like the general makeup and layout of it.

Still very proud of the pre-dawn recreation of what we saw ....

The Gates-Slim cartoon, especially the facial alterations to match what they're saying - is bad, borderline awful.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:20 AM   #13
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
My preoccupation with creating images continues....

Friend of mine who's a doc says, "Not a problem. Lots of guys your age take up oil painting." He's right. But oil painting is a mess, so this is my outlet, and my quest is to become a "recognized expert" in the humble art of electronic cut and paste:




This is the Original 1280x1024 ... on loan from Buff Galleries to the OrangeMane.
What the **** a-hole, you got something against Alex English?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #14
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
What the **** a-hole, you got something against Alex English?

Sorry my friend ... I was most concerned about including every uniform.

Plus I do love me some Lafayette ... my all-time favorite athlete.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #15
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:14 AM   #16
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Sorry my friend ... I was most concerned about including every uniform.

Plus I do love me some Lafayette ... my all-time favorite athlete.
ok, don't let it happen again. You should have included Danny Schayes as well
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:06 AM   #17
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default



Not a huge deal ... but I like it.

It's my new Sig on a Canadian sports uniforms and logos design site I've been on a few years.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #18
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

This seems to be my own personal thread ....

Must be a snoozer, 15,500 views, but just maybe 5 responses ....


I made the pic below 6 or 7 years ago after a very creative recovery of my lost phone - a phone that took 3D VIDEOS!


Obviously the phone has an impressive array of celebrity endorse-ments, but the reason it's so interesting is the story behind my recovering at after it was lost. I was gonna post it in the "Have You Been in a Fistfight Lately?" offseason thread, but after TheReverend left the board I wasn't sure anybody would enjoy as much (seriously).

But now: If I get THREE responses in this thread, from three separate posters, referring to at least one image (negative is OK), before the regular season starts (2018 that is) - I will post the story here (preview: I was punched hard in the corner of my jaw) ............





Can't beat celebrity endorse-ments!
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #19
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
This seems to be my own personal thread ....

Must be a snoozer, 15,500 views, but just maybe 5 responses ....


I made the pic below 6 or 7 years ago after a very creative recovery of my lost phone - a phone that took 3D VIDEOS!


Obviously the phone has an impressive array of celebrity endorse-ments, but the reason it's so interesting is the story behind my recovering at after it was lost. I was gonna post it in the "Have You Been in a Fistfight Lately?" offseason thread, but after TheReverend left the board I wasn't sure anybody would enjoy as much (seriously).

But now: If I get THREE responses in this thread, from three separate posters, referring to at least one image (negative is OK), before the regular season starts (2018 that is) - I will post the story here (preview: I was punched hard in the corner of my jaw) ............





Can't beat celebrity endorse-ments!

Amazing ... this really is my very own thread . . . . . .

I can YELL AS LOUD AS I WANT AND NOT BOTHER ANYBODY!
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Denver Broncos